Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2015 at 2:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default what is wrong with my game? role sims..
my game is not assigning role sims to anything, the elixer cash register, seasons food stands, resort management, or bars. i am going to remove all of my mods and report back. hopefully i can get to the bottom of this issue.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2015 at 3:00 AM Last edited by christmas fear : 17th May 2015 at 4:18 AM.
i have register installed just because i was having this issue. i think i'm going to delete register.

this is definitely a mod issue. now to figure out which one. so it begins..

edit/ found the problem mod.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=479163

no motive fail tantrum or whining.
hm..
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:39 AM
Are you sure? I have them both (register and no motive fail tantrums) and I don't have a problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:49 AM
yes,, and i took register out. it's super weird, after removing that mod the role assignments work again.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:02 AM
One of the things that Register does is frequently replenish the Role Sims' motives while they are on duty, or supposed to be on duty. It's pretty aggressive about pushing on-duty Role Sims back to their stations should they wander away or not bother showing up, even when it seems they would rather eat or take a bathroom break during those unrealistically long shifts. It does the replenishing thing because bartenders and cash register attendants dying of starvation over their registers or being forced to work in puddles of their own creation are not all that conducive to happy work environments and customer experiences.

Doesn't sound like it should, but I could see where a mod like this might possibly conflict under certain circumstances. Maybe.

Where Register fails me in particular is that it doesn't handle situations well where the Role Sims are due to age up. I tend to find them standing out on the sidewalk, looking stunned, when they should be at their stations, and eventually they get reported by Overwatch as potentially route stuck. Some players use SP to switch aging off for Role/Service Sims to avoid that; I usually just reassign the station with Register and then invoke the age transition separately. Small price to pay to avoid the unnecessary spawning of 5,000 resort workers when there are no resorts in town and other nonsense like the game without it tends to do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:06 AM
is register a script mod? do you know? i heard script mods aren't supposed to conflict with like, anything. i tested all of my mods with delphy's dashboard while i was having the issue and there were no conflicts detected with anything. only removing the motive fail mod did the trick.
Inventor
#8 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:16 AM Last edited by Arsil : 17th May 2015 at 9:28 AM.
It is. When you read that script mods don't conflict with anything it simply means that it would
be very surprising if they used the same resource identifiers used by other mods (that's what
Dashboard checks) since there are billions of combinations: if I did the math correctly, and I
probably didn't, 1,844674407×10¹⁹ only taking into account the Instance Id (for some things,
foods' meshes among them, there are "only" 16777216 combinations - well, there are other
2 hex digits that can be used to raise them, not to mention the GroupId, but there's no need
to go that deep in this discussion).

Well, after my grammatically awkward explanation, you now are probably more confused than before :P

But script mods can conflict with each other if what they do clash, directly or indirectly. Examples:
- two mods that replace the same interaction
- a mod that works on the premise that the game behave in a certain way may conflict with another that change that behaviour
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th May 2015 at 10:31 AM
In addition to what the mathematical genius above me just shared (waves hi at Arsil), I would point out that Dashboard is a great tool but it does not/cannot detect conflicts with pure script mods.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2015 at 11:39 AM
Holy crap. I am confused but from what I can understand.. Script mods can conflict with other mods that may have something in common (code wise) with them.. That dashboard can't detect?..

I think I get it. I just have to think deeper when it comes to which mods replace which interactions and whatnot. Thank you, Arsil!
Inventor
#11 Old 17th May 2015 at 12:29 PM
Genius eh?
* sneakily puts a link to another discussion where he needs help : http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...301#post4762301

I always thought I was good at maths, until at UNI I faced Mathematical Analysis. Boy, that was an eye opener!
Good distraction, nobody noticed my sneaky move. Now this makes me a genius, an evil genius, MWAHAHAHAHA!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:01 PM
So, to all the smart people in the room, why does having them both cause problems in christmas fears' game and not in mine? And shouldn't we report this to the creators? At least for me, they are both essential mods in my game!
Inventor
#13 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Arsil : 17th May 2015 at 4:54 PM.
"No Motive Fail Tantrum" only overrides animations, CLIP resources, it can't give any problem at all
(unless a mod works on the premise that those animations have a certain duration, but that would be
odd, or, of course, if a mod uses those animations and in that case Sims will look "inanimated").
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2015 at 6:13 PM
I have other mods, too. I suspect it's conflicting somehow with something else (not register) for some reason. I don't know how I'd find the conflicting file. I could just list my mods I have installed that don't work together with no motive fail (in my game). The game is weird about mod conflicts.
Inventor
#15 Old 17th May 2015 at 7:42 PM
Did you disabled immigration with NRaas Register? Maybe there isn't anyone to be assigned
to those roles (you should get warnings if that's the case, unless you disabled them).

Removing all mods solved the problem?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:31 PM
Yes, after I removed everything that solved the problem. I didn't toggle anything under the Nraas register settings. I was also using dresser which I've since deleted but I don't think that had anything to do with it because it worked when I was testing it.
Inventor
#17 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:07 PM
Then, if you haven't done it already, use the 50/50 method to pinpoint the culprit(s).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:15 AM Last edited by christmas fear : 18th May 2015 at 4:21 AM.
i have like one more script mod left to test.

i'm more confused than before. i put in the rest of my mods to test (just twoftmama mods and faster skills from mts) and i got this error that says 'a serious error occurred while loading saved game. it's strongly recommended that you restart'

another edit- so i found that this problem occurs if i have cmarnyc preg morph fixes and no motive failure both installed.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=371019
Inventor
#19 Old 18th May 2015 at 7:45 AM Last edited by Arsil : 18th May 2015 at 11:00 AM.
Is your game fully patched?
CmarNYC's one is very old (even if it was updated in April 2014). Is it still necessary with 1.67?
EDIT: I guess it is. The game takes for granted that Sims are blurred when nude,
so there's no need to have a pregnant mesh (morph?).

Clear caches (you can do it with Dashboard).
Re-download both mods/CC.
Remove all mods/CC except those two.
Do you still get the issue about uncovered roles?
Do you still get it if you start a new game (again, with only those 2 mods/CC)?

Move/rename "The Sims 3" folder in "Documents/Electronic Arts" to "The Sims 3 BAK" so a new one will be created.
Add only those 2.
Do you still get the issue?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:14 AM Last edited by christmas fear : 20th May 2015 at 5:35 AM.
ahh that's weird, the issue doesn't happen with just those mods installed in the same game. what am i missing here? i even forgot to clear cache.

edit/ i'm gonna try again with all my mods and cleared caches in the same game

second edit/ cleared caches, everything works. guess i'll file this one under 'unsolved mysteries'
Site Helper
#21 Old 21st May 2015 at 8:06 PM
When you put all the mods back in, were they still sorted in the same way that you had originally had them when you had a problem? Load order does make a difference with mod conflicts.

(Of course, now that you've got it working it's not worth spending more time on the problem unless you are still curious or unless the problem comes back.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook