Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2015 at 1:16 AM Last edited by Elynda : 25th Jul 2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: New Info

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default My sims won't sleep in their beds (Solved)
I just sent one of my sims to France, everything had been working fine up till then. When she got back she desperately needed to sleep, so I sent her to bed. She just stood there looking at it. Second time I tried it she just jumped across the room, like a reset. I noticed there wasn't a 'make bed' interaction, so I figured the bed was broken. I replaced the bed, still no joy. The rest of the family were all happily asleep. One of them had to get up to pee and when I sent her back to bed she wouldn't get into it either. None of them would. Is this something to do with travelling? It might be a mod. The only ones I've installed recently are Buzzler's Ageing Manager, Romantic Relationship Recombobulator and No Crappy Bunk Beds. They've not given me any problems. Also, I just got rid of Nraas Story Progression as it was slowing my game to much.

I have just tried returning two of my sims from another saved game to Twinbrook from France and there was no problem there. They already were in France, I should mention. The world where the problem occurred is Avalon, I don't think I've ever travelled from there.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th May 2015 at 1:46 AM
I've had something like this happen before, it was due to the fact that the sim was corrupt. They had corrupt relationships and a corrupt family tree.
So, the fact you traveled, it's very possible that something got messed up. If it isn't a mod conflict, I'd say that it's a problem with the sim itself. It could be something else, but that's what it really sounds like. This post might help. Copying the sims to the bin, and putting it back might solve it. However, this might not be possible if you are on a vacation (I not too sure how traveling works myself).
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2015 at 5:07 AM Last edited by Elynda : 19th May 2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: New Info
Bluegirl45, I think you may be right about the sim being corrupt. The second time I tried it I noticed that her homework (she's a teen, by the way) which she had definitely done, disappeared from her inventory then reappeared - undone. I will try what you suggest. I will also try sending another Avalon Sim (another teen) from a different family and see if I get the same results. I hope not, it'll probably mean the whole save game is screwed and I have spent a lot of time on it..

Well, that didn't work. First I tried another sim from elsewhere in the town. That one came back fine and there was no problem with the bed. So I moved my problem sim into the bin then back into the house. I had to use Master Controller to re-establish all of her family relationships.She used the bed okay. Then I sent her back to France and then home again. Same thing all over again. Damn! I tried just moving her to the clipboard and then back into the lot, this time I didn't need to restore her relationships, but still a problem with beds.This time they stood there waving their arms and protesting like they couldn't reach the bed. It looks like no travelling for that family till I can figure this out.
Scholar
#4 Old 20th May 2015 at 9:08 AM
have you tried resetting (from MC too) this particular sim?

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2015 at 12:40 PM
Default Whole Family Corrupted
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
have you tried resetting (from MC too) this particular sim?

Yes, but with no success. I think that whole family are corrupted. I tried travelling after installing Nraas Traveller, with the same results. I noticed that the problems start as soon as I select the travel option, my sim gets a message like "Tanith is doing very well at school etc" and suddenly she has unfinished homework in her inventory. Something very odd happens too when she arrives back from travelling: first she appears outside her home standing next to a limousine (she's a celebrity) then she is whisked away to some other place on the map, the limo appears again and takes her home. I had an earlier version of the family in another saved game so I tried playing them for a while and there was no problem. Obviously the corruption has occurred during play at some point. I would like to identify the cause so it won't happen again.
Instructor
#6 Old 20th May 2015 at 9:29 PM
If you haven't already, you might consider saving only the household to the library/bin. Then add them to a different house in a different town (or a fresh game in the same town), just to see if it's your town save that's causing problems rather than your household. I wouldn't totally give up on them yet, especially if you're attached to them. If you try this, clear out their family and personal inventories of any stuff that is not very important before saving them.
Instructor
#7 Old 20th May 2015 at 10:48 PM
Have you tried buying a new bed? I have had this same problem couple of times and I just bought the item with the problem again and it got fixed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:18 AM Last edited by Elynda : 21st May 2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Correcting errors
Default Moved to Sunset Valley
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
If you haven't already, you might consider saving only the household to the library/bin. Then add them to a different house in a different town (or a fresh game in the same town), just to see if it's your town save that's causing problems rather than your household. I wouldn't totally give up on them yet, especially if you're attached to them. If you try this, clear out their family and personal inventories of any stuff that is not very important before saving them.

I followed your suggestion, moving the family to Sunset Valley, using the same house I built for them in Avalon. As soon as they were settled in I saved the game, then I sent Tanith off to France again. Success! No problem with beds, no funny business with homework. That business with the taxi (or limo in this case) I've seen before and it seems fairly harmless. It looks like it was the town save that was at fault, not the family. Now I have two versions of the Darke family: one in that earlier Avalon save and the rescued version - now resident in Sunset Valley, (where I'm beginning to think I should have put them in the first place). Now I shall have all the fun of making new friends (and enemies) without having to use Master Controller to cheat their skills back up to where they should be etc. Anyway, thanks for that idea, i was just about to consign them to oblivion and start again.

Miarell: Yes I did replace the bed. All of the beds in the house in fact, since nobody was using them. That didn't work, I'm afraid, (but thanks for the suggestion). I'm beginning to wonder if there was a single bed working anywhere in town! But, like I said above, I think it was the town save that was corrupted.