Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2015 at 8:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Mods
ok so I've been at this all day downloading mods and following step by step the instructions but i still cant get them to show up at all in my game. Either my game wont start or it does start and it just doesnt show. I dont know if its cause its an offline game. I bought the whole sims 3 and expansions and world bundles from a website it works great but its all offline i can get stuff from thesimsresource.com so I just wanna know how to fix this cause i was really looking forward to using all these mods i got from here and from a couple other sites
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th May 2015 at 12:54 AM
What mods are you trying to use that are not "showing up" And Where did you by all the EPs/SPs from?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#3 Old 20th May 2015 at 6:44 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Verify Package Installation
    To help you further, please carefully read and follow the following:

First, double-check your setup: These instructions will take you through the things you should check yourself: Package Files Not Working. You may be able to fix the problem yourself using those instructions.

Still not working? Then we will need ALL of the following information.
    1. What is the version of your base game?
      Windows OS: Game Help:TS3 Patching Find Gameversionwiki
      Mac OSX: Find Gameversion#info.plist
      CAW: How to find your Create-A-World version

Copy and paste the indicated line from the skuversion.txt or info.plist, from the respective locations shown in the Find Gameversion Wiki, which would show you how to navigate to the following path: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
    2. Take THREE screenshots... one each of the following locations, with the Explorer/Finder window showing the Details View:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

... and attach them to a post on this thread. Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links.
      We have a guide on how to take screenshots if you need assistance: Game_Help:Screenshotswiki.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode, that you have file types showing (.package, .cfg, etc. on the ends of the filenames) and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable!

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad/TextEdit and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

Moved to Help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
What mods are you trying to use that are not "showing up" And Where did you by all the EPs/SPs from?

Dealscube.com is where i bought them from and im trying to use all these plus everything from here as well as extra stuff plus i tried using kickers mod
WTWanimations
ghoct_SexAnimation
SFanimations
SMAnimations
AfterDuskSims
KIWanimations
Amra72_Animations
Amra72_Lesbian_Animations
Masteranimations
HDSCreations
FallinEsper_SexAnimations
JezaAnimations
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:20 AM
Oh, so it's like eBay but less reliable, mkay.

We'll need the other info Buzz requested in order to help. I suspect the problem is that you haven't patched your game.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Oh, so it's like eBay but less reliable, mkay.

We'll need the other info Buzz requested in order to help. I suspect the problem is that you haven't patched your game.

alright ill get info in one sec but i patched it up to what they said to patch it to just give me a min and ill get rest of info
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:41 AM
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th May 2015 at 12:28 PM
You can check the Resource.cfg by right-clicking it and hitting Open With, then picking Notepad from the list.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th May 2015 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You can check the Resource.cfg by right-clicking it and hitting Open With, then picking Notepad from the list.

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st May 2015 at 3:17 AM
You have some TS2 mods in your Packages folder. TS3 content cannot possibly have modification dates in 2006. More importantly, TS3 cannot run TS2 content.

But run Delphy's Dashboard on your Packages folder to identify all of them.
http://modthesims.info/d/387006
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st May 2015 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You have some TS2 mods in your Packages folder. TS3 content cannot possibly have modification dates in 2006. More importantly, TS3 cannot run TS2 content.

But run Delphy's Dashboard on your Packages folder to identify all of them.
http://modthesims.info/d/387006

thanks i go to use it but then it says it quits and wont download fully from my zip program
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st May 2015 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Syhless22
thanks i go to use it but then it says it quits and wont download fully from my zip program

Are you unzipping (un-raring actually since it's currently available as a rar file) completely to get a standalone folder with the exe file, two dll files, and a changelog text file and running the exe from this new standalone folder? You also need .NET 2.0 for the program to work once it's un-rared, as the documentation says.

In any event, you have to identify the TS2 content somehow and remove it or your game will never startup and read the package content it needs to properly. Even if that means going back to the download source for each file and verifying that the item is indeed for TS3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are you unzipping (un-raring actually since it's currently available as a rar file) completely to get a standalone folder with the exe file, two dll files, and a changelog text file and running the exe from this new standalone folder? You also need .NET 2.0 for the program to work once it's un-rared, as the documentation says.

In any event, you have to identify the TS2 content somehow and remove it or your game will never startup and read the package content it needs to properly. Even if that means going back to the download source for each file and verifying that the item is indeed for TS3.

i was but i figured it out i went into the list and looked for the 2006 files deleted them and now it works thank you very much it was helpful now i cant wait to play it