Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2015 at 12:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CC Magic questions
Hi,

I've recently started using CC magic and I was wondering what the button 'Clear Cache' does?

I know it deletes caches files in the Sims 3 folder but is that all it does?

Also when I click it there is a pop up asking me "Do you also wish to clear all Custom Launcher cache date?
(This will result in a complete rebuild before play)"

What does that mean exactly? Does that mean it will delete everything in the Sims 3 Launcher? Or is it similar to the compositorCache.package and scriptCache.package files. I accidently clicked yes and I do not know what happened or what I did so I am a bit scared.

Also can I do anything about the Sims3pack folders in launcher? I deleted them from the downloads folder prior to my knowledge of CC magic because it was cluttery.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mushplomplom
Hi,

I've recently started using CC magic and I was wondering what the button 'Clear Cache' does?

I know it deletes caches files in the Sims 3 folder but is that all it does?

Pretty much.

Also when I click it there is a pop up asking me "Do you also wish to clear all Custom Launcher cache date?
(This will result in a complete rebuild before play)"

What does that mean exactly? Does that mean it will delete everything in the Sims 3 Launcher? Or is it similar to the compositorCache.package and scriptCache.package files. I accidently clicked yes and I do not know what happened or what I did so I am a bit scared.

It's fine. It just means it deletes the necessary cache files and the merged ones. CCMagic IS the Custom launcher. No worries, just click delete and then rebuild. The rebuild function merges the sets according to how you set it all up. Make sure you don't install lots, counters, or worlds with the EA launcher. Once you've done that, open CCMagic, disable them there. Otherwise, you might get a messed-up second version of them in the game.

Also can I do anything about the Sims3pack folders in launcher? I deleted them from the downloads folder prior to my knowledge of CC magic because it was cluttery.

Sims3packfolders in launcher? You mean the EA launcher? I'm not sure what you mean. To sort your CC in CCMagic, you drop everything (Sims3pack and package format) in the Downloads folder and then sort it all out in CCMagic. They then automatically get dropped in the Content folder in the CCMagic Folder.

I keep my mods in the packages folder, so that all shows up in Legacy in CCMagic.

If this is all not clear, here is a tutorial:

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/ccmagic/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:40 PM
thank
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:42 PM
You're welcome!

Hope it all works out well. I love the thing.