Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2011 at 4:24 AM
Default can't save or quit game after patching
Hey guys, hope this is in the right section.

So, I patched my game to 1.3 and loaded up my save game (no mods, no downloads, nothing) and it loaded up fine, played for a bit. Then... i tried to save. The "saving" screen popped up for two seconds at the most then stopped and went back to the game. As much as I wish it would save that fast, I know it doesn't, it didn't even get around the circle once. So I decided I would try to save and quit, same thing. So then I decided to quit without saving and the quit screen wouldn't even pop up. Wtf? Completly vanilla game. Anybody else having this problem? Any fixes?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:27 AM
I've had the same problem, but haven't found any fixes. ):
I'll keep trying things, and let you know when I've found something.

And a few questions that would help me, one, do you have a cracked/torrented version of the game? How many saves do you have, and how many kingdom ambitions do you have unlocked?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya-Studios
And a few questions that would help me, one, do you have a cracked/torrented version of the game?

Why are you asking this question? Discussion of those type of games isn't allowed here on MTS, just so you know. If the OP should answer this question with a "yes", she may risk being banned by the site staff.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:38 AM
I used to have this problem too, but after deleting the sims medieval folder in documents, the problem was resolved :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Why are you asking this question? Discussion of those type of games isn't allowed here on MTS, just so you know. If the OP should answer this question with a "yes", she may risk being banned by the site staff.

Oh crap really? D:
Sorry I didn't know.
It's just that torrented games usually have a lot of bugs and problems in it, so if, by chance, the OP does have it, the only solution would be buying the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:47 PM
The thing I don't get though, is that it worked perfectly fine before the patch, now I can't even start a new game and save it. I think I might just reinstall... again. And manually install 1.2.3 and scrap my old kingdom I also can't open the options menu either.

EDIT: I have one save and am still on the first ambition.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:57 PM
Akbaa deleted the folder in my sims medieval documents actually works?

PS : I do not speak English so excuse me if I speak bad because I speak with google translation
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:14 PM
This what I had to do.. Remove all of the game and reinstall.. I put the save from EArts back and the game would not run. Had to remove all the files that wernt just saved games and saved sims. easyer to just move only the saved games and sims in after the reinstall. also you have to move the ACH.Package back into saves or you wont beable to get past the tutorial and save. hope this is a help

srry forgot to say I went back to 123....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:28 PM
Tried deleting the sims medieval folder in my docs. No saves, nothing. Tried to save new game, same thing. 1.2.3 here I come, and this patch looked great too
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hockeygirl9118
Tried deleting the sims medieval folder in my docs. No saves, nothing. Tried to save new game, same thing. 1.2.3 here I come, and this patch looked great too

Hockeygirl9118 - Before you give up on the 1.3 patch, here are a few things to double check. First, if you have mods and/or cc installed, did you remove the Mods/Packages folder in your X:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval folder before you patched? If you have Rick's debugenabler installed, did you remove his Resource.cfg file as well? If you did not do this prior to installing the patch, try removing them and then reinstall the patch. You'll then need to replace Rick's old debugenabler with his updated debugenabler and Resource.cfg files found here (Post #1). I found this thread on Preparing for the Patch quite helpful. Also, if you edited your Command.ini file to change the Testingcheatsenabled from 0 to 1 to turn it on, you may want to set it back to the original Testingcheatsenabled =0 and use Treeag's mod found here instead of editing the Command.ini file. That could be causing you problems with the patch not installing properly because the .ini file has been changed.

If you had problems updating to the new patch through the launcher, you can download the patch from here TheSimsMedievalPatch_1.3.13.00001_Update.exe, and manually install it.

Sorry about all the verbiage! I just hate to see folks reinstalling if they really don't have to! Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st May 2011 at 11:12 PM
I completly reinstalled and manually patched to 1.2.3 and it works great. Also, I did not have any mods whatsoever, didn't change any files, nothing. I just want to be able to save, unfortunantly I lost my entire old kingdom.
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:32 AM Last edited by kenkwz : 19th Jun 2011 at 8:38 AM. Reason: Forget to add something.
How about mac users? I can't even find the manually patch 1.2.3, except found patch 1.1. My game worked the same like 'Cannot save and quit'.