Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 2:20 AM
Default Can't get skins to show up in game
I've tried multiple times to get Peggyzone skins to show up in my game. I only have those downloaded and no other skins. I put the package files in my mods>packages folder, resource file in my bin, and deleted all my caches. I go to play the game - still no skins. I can't figure out why they won't work.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:59 AM
Improper setup or installation of the Framework is probably the most common cause of Custom Content not showing up.

Quote: Originally posted by natuhhleex
I put the package files in my mods>packages folder, resource file in my bin, and deleted all my caches.

The resource file does not go in the "Bin" folder see below:

The framework consist of 3 components:

* to be placed in the root folder (Program Files(x86)\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\) are:
(1) a text readable file named Resource.cfg and
(2) a folder named Mods containing a sub-folder named Packages;
* to be placed in the \Game\Bin\ folder is:
(3) a d3dx9_31.dll file specially modified to work with The Sims 3.

This .dll file is only required if you want to use a core mod like Awesomemod, Gabriel mod, etc.
Note that you can only have one core mod in your game.

This is an excerpt from the Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files which you probably ought to read.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 4:30 PM
Or, run this tiny program to make sure your framework is set up properly-
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384014

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 6:13 PM
"The resource file does not go in the "Bin" folder see below:"

Yes, I know which folder it's supposed to be, I just called it the wrong thing, sorry.
I put it exactly where it said to put it on Peggyzone:
"1) Put the Resource.cfg to your root Sims 3 folder."
Root... Bin... same thing to Sims 3 CC illiterate me. XDD But I did place it in the root folder - not bin. I just mixed up the terms.

"This is an excerpt from the Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files which you probably ought to read. "
I read it multiple times with no help- which is why I came here, unfortunately.

"Or, run this tiny program to make sure your framework is set up properly-
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384014"

I just did that, but it said my framework is installed properly.

Sooo... yeah. :/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 8:13 PM
OK, if you are sure the framework is installed properly, are you sure they are not showing up? If you are talking about the skins to change the appearance of the female and male bodies, I never really saw the difference for the female and ultimately went with one from SexySims2. I still use the male skin though. If you are sure they are not showing up in your game, is there any chance you have skins from somewhere else or some other mod conflict preventing them from displaying? Have you tried removing all other Custom Content except the skins to see if they show up that way?
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natuhhleex
I've tried multiple times to get Peggyzone skins to show up in my game. I only have those downloaded and no other skins. I put the package files in my mods>packages folder, resource file in my bin, and deleted all my caches. I go to play the game - still no skins. I can't figure out why they won't work.

Try looking in the section below , i think it's called skin detail or something like that. (mines in another language) It's where you get the beauty marks and freckles.
Hope that helps.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:32 AM
Unless I am misunderstanding the steps you've taken Peggy's instructions for putting that Resource file in the root sims 3 folder does not sound correct to me. I've got loads of mods, etc. and have never added anything to the root folder (Program Files(x86)\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\). Only to the path I mention below. Your framework needs to be set up as detailed Here
I have a lot of Peggy's great creations. If it helps any, this is what my Mods folder looks like in Win 7 and all her stuff is showing up:
C:\Users\MyName\Documents\ElectronicArts\The Sims3\Mods
And inside the Mods folder is:
Cache Folder
Overrides Folder
Packages Folder
Resource.cfg file