Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 5:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Help! Mac CC Merging.
I found a tutorial from simphonies.tumblr.com . I am now following the steps, and already is stuck on the part of using terminal to open sims3dashboard.exe Could anyone please guide me on that part? I'm not sure if I downloaded the right mono for mac?
There was 3 different ones (Mono.
Help anyone?! please
I'm trying to find a way for s3 to load faster and play faster with some of my have CC installed. At least normal speed rate as how I would play w/o CC installed.

Also, my general specs, MBP 13, 2.3Ghz, 8GB Ram, 10.7 Lion.

Please and thank you!!!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 10:33 AM
From the stickied "Tip" thread in the Mono section:
Quote:
the easy way: type mono and a space, then drop the exe onto the terminal window
You drag+drop the .exe from a Finder Window to the Terminal Window, does this method work? S3PE on Mono is still too crashy for me to work on a Mac (I have a Win7 partition).
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 2:10 PM
I'm having the exact same problem(I am aware of this post being created 4 years ago)
No matter what i do, even thought the file placement is right, when i type: mono desktop/miscellany/S3U/Sims3Dashboard.exe, or: mono/Users/julia/Desktop/S3U/s3pe.exe, it only tells me that there is no such file or directory.

I'm kind of desperate, so If someone has any experience with merging package files on mac, that would be great
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 6:45 PM
Are you comfortable using the Terminal? If so, I may have a solution within this week...

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.