Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 9:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Not all Packages loading in game - I have about 70 installed, but only about 20 are loading.
I've got an issue wherein I can't run all the packages I have installed in the Mods folder. I have them all installed properly, as far as I can tell, but some of them just won't load.

All the packages I have installed are nraas packages, of the latest versions. I have already checked that.

My game version is 1.67.2.024002.

My package files are installed in C:\Users\(my name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

My resource.cfg file is installed in C:\Users\(my name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods.

I have a total of 70 packages in the Packages folder, but by my count on the main menu of the game after I load it, only 24 load.

What could be the cause of the issue?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 9:28 PM
I'm not quite sure what you meant by "main menu" but if you meant the popup that is shown.
If i remember right, (i have that disabled so this is from memory) stuff like cloths won't be listed in it.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 9:34 PM Last edited by Pwnzerfaust : 22nd Feb 2015 at 9:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Belzader
I'm not quite sure what you meant by "main menu" but if you meant the popup that is shown.
If i remember right, (i have that disabled so this is from memory) stuff like cloths won't be listed in it.

Yes, I mean the popup that's shown.

None of the packages are clothes related. They are all gameplay mods.

http://imgur.com/a/5LT6m

That's an imgur album with my mod folder structure.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 10:28 PM
I've never run in such problem before (even with mess existing in my mods dir) but there's always possibility than you downloaded part of the Nraas suite files in wrong version.

Have you tried removing all of them except MasterController, cleaning the cache (delete scriptCache.package from ./Documents/[username]/ElectronicArts/Sims3) and trying again until you find this problematic file?

And - have you cleared cache file at 1st place?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Pwnzerfaust : 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:06 AM.
Hmm, I might not have deleted the cache in the first place. May have missed that step... Lemme try again and see what happens.

Edit: Trashing cache didn't help. Gonna go through and start again and again with different packages until I find a problem one.

Edit 2: I found the issue. One of the packages was designed to affect a specific Store Custom Content item that I don't actually have, but I had installed the package by mistake. Thanks for everyone's help.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 2:54 AM
good simming then