Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 10:04 PM Last edited by divergent123 : 20th Feb 2015 at 1:36 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Launcher won't load game or Install CC
My game was working fine and has never had any problems until now. I downloaded some CC and when I went to install it on the launcher I just got a black screen. Later when I tried to play the game, all that came up was a black screen and nothing happened. So I turned my computer off.
I right clicked the DVD drive and clicked properties. It told me I had 0 bytes free of 5.53 GB. A pie chart came up and it basically shows there is no free space left.
I have deleted files that you don't need etc., I don't even have that much CC. I have been searching for how to fix this and haven't come up with a solution yet.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 10:12 PM
The C: drive says 602 GB free of 677 GB.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 6:31 PM
I thought maybe my launcher wasn't working because the disk says I have no space left?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 7:10 PM
The problem isn't disk space. CDs and DVDs always say there's no free space, because you can't put files on them - try it with any other CD or DVD, apart from a CD-RW or DVD-RW, and you'll see the same thing.

Your launcher problem is an incredibly common one, caused by the launcher being shit. There are some suggested solutions here: Game Help:Launcher Issueswiki. If none of that helps, I'd switch to using a different program to install your CC, like CC Magic or 3viewer.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 1:30 AM
I followed that page, and eventually just had to reinstall the game. Before I put my CC, Mods, and saved sims etc ., the game worked fine. Then when I put all of that in, I got the same problem I had before. The installer doesn't work and neither does just hitting play. Could it be bad cc? If it is how do you find it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 6:50 PM
I deleted the cc I had installed before it stopped working and it worked again. It was bad cc I had downloaded so it works now. Thanks to everyone that helped.