Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:48 PM
Default Notification of site and downloads downtime on the 13th April
Hi All,

This is notification that MTS2 will be turned off for much of the day on Thursday 13th April probably from 11am GMT onwards. I need to completely rebuild the 2 fileservers for thumbnails and attachments which will result in total download unavailability during the maintenance period.

At this point all tagged threads will be removed too and we will also be putting all recolours into the moderation queue from that point on.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 6:01 PM
Nooo not downtime!

Ok, I understand, in the long run, it's best for the site and will make it better But I hate missing out on new stuff! hehe

Seize the moment... coz tomorrow you might be dead!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 6:11 PM
you say download unavailability but at the same time downtime, now will the discussion be up?
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:12 PM Last edited by LyricLee : 10th Apr 2006 at 1:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
we will also be putting all recolours into the moderation queue from that point on.

Excuse me, what does that mean?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish

It means that they will need to be approved

~RDSX667~ my site
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 12:12 AM
To Delphy The Great!

Do what must be done so that the "mod-challenged" like myself can continue to enjoy this wonderful site, downloads as well as meeting the most awesome people. Many thanks.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 12:32 AM
Sure, I can survive a day, will the discussion be up thought? (The forum I mean), um by the I live in Australia so if you don't live theire, would that mean the site closes in my time on the 14th? (Dunno what time) just so I can be aware..
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 1:07 AM
This doesn't effect me. I have to work on the 13th anyways.

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish

It means its time for all recolorers to re- read the guidelines in the Creator Guideline Forum- to start being more cautious about the photos they take and that we will be approving recolors as we do sims and houses for quality.
Most of you do jsut fine. There are a handful however who do not take the time to take clear, close screenshots- or to sharpen the images. These uplaods that go through bring the whole recolor download section quality down. Its not a bad thing. It just means our recolors will be good quality as well.
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 1:52 AM
Mmmk.Is there no telling when it will be back up at this point?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Hi All,

This is notification that MTS2 will be turned off for much of the day on Thursday 13th April probably from 11am GMT onwards. I need to completely rebuild the 2 fileservers for thumbnails and attachments which will result in total download unavailability during the maintenance period.

At this point all tagged threads will be removed too and we will also be putting all recolours into the moderation queue from that point on.

Regards,
Delphy

Well i went on deteleted my two tagged items, cos i sure was not able to see how to correct the problem, i tried to make the graphics higher and no luck. for one thing my game runs extremly slow when i do that and im not trying to mess anything up. I think im gonna stick to movie making for sure now because it is clearly obvious to everyone lol that im not a talented modder that's for sure :sorry:
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 2:26 AM
Lemme get this straight, all downloads are getting deleted?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 3:02 AM
No, that's not what it means. It means downloads will simply be unavailable for a period of time.
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#14 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 3:44 AM
The downtime shouldnt be more than that day as Delphy stated-

All Downloads are NOT being deleted- unless they have been tagged for not meeting quality guidelines- anything thats blurry, poorly textured, doesnt have close clear screenshots, or any sims that have a very standard maxis look to them are what we tagged.
Those items tagged will be deleted that day. Unless they weer fixed- but most needed to be totally remade. So if youdl ike to keep your items that have been tagged make sure you have them.

Secun- Dont give up, everyone improves over time. Just having one or two things tagged isn't bad honest. It just means you can try harder and do better

Remember clarity is important on textures and clear, bright close screenshots sell your items best.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 4:25 AM
thanks Lyriclee i really appreciate constructive cristism as it always help me get stronger with confidence, i figure ill keep reading on some of the good tutorials on mts2 and latter on try it again...cos nothing beats a failure but a try.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 8:33 AM
Secun, lower your resolution. it's better to play with low resolution than it is to play with low quality.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 3:15 AM
How am i supposed to live?!?!?!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 1:44 PM
Spring cleaning must be done no matter how much we hate it. But we'll be happier when it's over
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 5:21 PM
to bad.. but oké.. I think i'm to busy with familyfun to notice!
but wat are tagged threads??? I don't understand.. Could someone make it easyer to understand? I'm Dutch.. tagged, I don't know what it means..

A Cat is For Life,
Not Just For easter
Alchemist
#20 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tirza
to bad.. but oké.. I think i'm to busy with familyfun to notice!
but wat are tagged threads??? I don't understand.. Could someone make it easyer to understand? I'm Dutch.. tagged, I don't know what it means..

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=143227

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
I live in Australia so if you don't live there, would that mean the site closes in my time on the 14th?

That would be 9pm on the 13th if you're on QLD/NSW/VIC time.
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 5:46 PM
Aaaaaah!!! Going into withdrawal mode already - bugs, bugs everywhere!

Hehe, complete waste of bandwidth. Maybe I can get Delphy to yell at me

~I no longer play Sims, so I'm not taking requests, sorry~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 9:23 PM
That's alright, when all the tagged threads have been deleted we'll have spare bandwidth (until it gets used up again!).
But really Delphy, it's very inconsiderate of you. You put downtime in the holidays!!! I won't be at school! I'll want to download! I'm going to have to actually play my game rather than just download for it! RADICAL!!!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 5:52 AM
good luck!! the new party pack comes out tomarrow anyway, so it'll be a great downtime for me!

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 9:43 AM
:salute: when will MTS2 be back online

and us and the uk are getting the stuff pack TODAY!!! :nod: :nod:
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Maintenance completed