Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 4:23 PM
Default Twilight[2008]
For everyone who is completely obsessed with the amazing Saga series[*cough* me *cough*] there will be a big film coming to our theaters in late 2008. I personally have mixed feelings on the situations. The saga is simply amazing, and im not quite sure if they can live up to it. I highly doubt it. The only good thing i can see from the movie is that perhaps people will pick up the book after it becomes so big. Anyone else have any opinions?

Justin Cho-Eric

Peter Facinelli-Carlisle Cullen

Elizabeth Reaser-Esme Cullen

Ashley Greene-Alice Cullen

Nikki Reed-Rosalie

Rachelle Lefevre-Victoria (rumored)

Anna Kendrick-Jessica (rumored)

Michael Welch-Mike Newton

Kristen Stewart -Isabella Swan

Robert Pattinson-Edward Cullen

Jackson Rathbone-Jasper

Advertisement
#2 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 6:15 PM
Didn't they just barely got started? I remember something about release date being set somewhere in 2009. And while I'm a bit skeptical about the movie, I'm definitely going to see it when it comes out. If not to enjoy the adaptation of the story, then to get a chance to admire RP from every possible angle lol Boy's got a really pretty face, I wish I could paint him... and feed him properly =) And btw, who's playing Jacob?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 8:57 PM
I'm sure that, as time progresses, the film will become even more highly anticipated. I read the entire series and found it an enjoyable read, but it didn't astonish me as books like Everything Is Illuminated and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close did. I thought the series was good, but it wasn't as profound and powerful as my typical fare. I'll definitely see the movie, though- I'm always interested in how books I've read are adapted for the screen. I hope that the director adapts it sort of like Atonement- that was beautifully written for the screen and had all the classic elements of the book's love story. I also hope that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have really good chemistry, because this film will be crap if the main characters don't even bat an eyelash at each other.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:26 PM
I'm sorry, but Robert Pattinson as Edward??!!? Thats just blasphemy! For a start, he's English, so how can he pull off being American? From what I can remember from Harry Potter, he sounds like he's from Oxford ....

I love the books, but not sure about the film.

Taylor Lautner is playing Jacob, btw.
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 4:47 AM
LOL, one of my best friends (Zoe) LOVES the book and now is uber excited about the movie. She's been talking non-stop about it since January! x ]

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 9:48 AM
Eww the chick that plays Ava in Greys Anatomy is playing Esme in it?!! I can't stand her!!

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
#7 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
I'm sorry, but Robert Pattinson as Edward??!!? Thats just blasphemy! For a start, he's English, so how can he pull off being American? From what I can remember from Harry Potter, he sounds like he's from Oxford ....

I love the books, but not sure about the film.

Taylor Lautner is playing Jacob, btw.

I don't really see Robert Pattison as Edward, either.
But what's wrong with him being British, there are a lot of American actors who've played British characters (mostly with horribly British accents). At least, most Brits can fake an American accent, best example being Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House.
And no, I'm not British and love lots of actors from both sides of the ocean.
#8 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 6:19 PM
Uch i'm really dissapointed with the cast.
I think they should have gone with some more independent movie actors for this one rather than big names. Robert Pattinson is Okay... but I think they could have chosen better. And I really dislike Kristin Stewart, but the more I think about it, the more and more I like her for the role.

I hate when casting directors cast English guys to play American roles! It's like, why not just pick an American guy? It would be much more believable... Same goes for American actors putting on a British accent. It just looks cheesy *wince*
Scholar
#9 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 8:55 PM
But what's wrong with him being British, there are a lot of American actors who've played British characters (mostly with horribly British accents).

----

If Pattinson can pull of an American accent, I'll be very impressed. I'm really starting to think that he'll have a 'Dick Van Dyke' stylie accent (you know in Mary Poppins.. that was the worst cockney accent ever bless him!)

I thought that maybe they'd have Liam Aiken who did Klaus in A Series of Unfortunate Events, he's American AND kinda hot He would have been Harry Potter if he was English, but JKR only wanted English Actors.

Wahh. Now to drown my sorrows in Eclipse.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:50 PM
I love this book (I just finished the third las night :D). I love that they are making a movie, but really I hate the casting for the most part.

Who could really fill our imaginations of Edward, but I don't even really like the girl they cast as Bella.

Ferret II I agree with you about Liam Aiken.
Scholar
#11 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 8:57 PM
I actually think that the girl that they cast as Bella is kinda okay really.

And I also think that the guy that they cast as Jasper and also Alice pretty much suit what I thought my imagination.
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:53 AM
I'm rather excited to see what they decide to keep in the movies, what they decide to add, and what they decide to scrap. There were rumors that they cut the lullaby, but I hope those are false--I'd be really disappointed.
#13 Old 6th May 2008 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LalaWeasley
There were rumors that they cut the lullaby, but I hope those are false--I'd be really disappointed.

From what I've read recently, that's not true.
In fact, I read that they are going to have Rob Pattinson write the music to it himself - whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know, since I know nothing about his music ability.
But in a way, I think it's kind of romantic.
Instructor
#14 Old 6th May 2008 at 11:07 AM
Legit Trailer!!!

Omg!! :D:D:D

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Scholar
#15 Old 6th May 2008 at 11:46 AM
That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Mad Poster
#16 Old 6th May 2008 at 8:30 PM
Now I'm a little more excited. Thanks for sharing!

I don't know about his acting chops, but that guy looks a lot like how I envisioned Edward. In terms of appearance, he's perfect for the role.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#17 Old 7th May 2008 at 9:20 PM
Yay official trailer! Thankies Cassie!

My friend and I searched YouTube for ages looking for a trailer... we waited 10 mins for this one to load and where dead excited. It was a bloody fan made one, and a crap one at that
Instructor
#18 Old 8th May 2008 at 8:43 AM
No probs guys

Haha yeah Ferret, don't you hate that? I watched one and it had outakes from Harry Potter #4, Mean Girls and some movie that the girl thats playing Bella was in... It was quite interesting to say the least. LOL

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Scholar
#19 Old 10th May 2008 at 4:20 PM
#20 Old 10th May 2008 at 4:45 PM
erg.
my friend and I went to speed racer because the trailer was supposed to be on it.
but it wasn't.

:[

I saw it on youtube though.
looks pretty good. I really liked the car-crash part!
but why is he flying...?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th May 2008 at 5:01 PM
AHHH! I'm so excited for this movie. I started reading the books last year some time and I've been waiting for book 4 forever now. My best friend and I can't wait to see the movie.
As far as casting goes, I wasn't that thrilled to start, but now, I think that the people are pretty good. Bella was exactly as I imagined, and Edward too.. I don't like the guy that plays Jacob, simply because I think of Jacob as being really tall and big and the guy playing him is small.
Now.. just to fill my time till August 2 for the book and then again till December 12 for the movie.
Scholar
#22 Old 10th May 2008 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Remyohmy
but why is he flying...?

I think that Edward was supposed to be running really fast.

On the official website, its got a kinda interview-teaser-thingy with the cast and Stephenie Meyer. Its really good. It shows scenes of the last fight with James :D
Scholar
#23 Old 21st May 2008 at 7:33 PM
Sorry for double posting, but its been 11 days since I replied!

Anywho, here is an interview with Taylor Lautner who plays Jacob Black:

Clicky

All I'm going to say is... THAT WIG IS BLOODY AWEFUL!
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th May 2008 at 1:48 AM
All I know is that they filmed in Forks which is a 2 hour drive from my house
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 1:08 AM
Really? I was pretty sure they filmed in Oregon...

Here's the first bit of footage realesed for Twilight: http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1588451&vid=237340
Page 1 of 7