Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 3:15 AM
Default How do I use the Extracting stage and linking stages in PJSE in SimPE?
I'm very confused... I've never found a single tutorial for this or any kind of Q & A either... I'm not sure how it works I've tried it before and it seemed to work fine with linking but the new mesh never shows up. (Sorry if I'm not very clear.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:06 AM
I prefer the good old method.
It seems to work better for me, as I had the same problems you have with PJSE.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 11:22 AM
Okay, so you're following a Bodyshop meshing tutorial and you've made your recolour in Bodyshop. So next, you:
  1. Open SimPE and go File -> New
  2. Click the PJSE Extraction button, hit Browse, find your recolour file and let it do its thing.
  3. Do all the stuff you would normally do to make a new mesh package unique - fix integrity, save the file etc.
  4. Open your recolour file
  5. Select the 3IDR. If you want, you can note down or remember the last sections of the CRES and SHPE lines, so you can check that they've changed, as they should, after you link to the new mesh... but tbh, I usually don't bother, on the principle that if they haven't changed and the recolour still isn't linked to the mesh, I'm gonna find out soon enough ingame or in Bodyshop anyway.
  6. Hit the PJSE Linking button, find your mesh file and follow the instructions on the screen

Now your mesh is unique, your recolour links to your mesh, and you can get on with replacing either the GMDC or the TXTR, whichever you prefer to do first.

In case you forget, this is all from memory, but it's explained in the new mesh basics tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._a_Mesh_Package

I've moved this to the Create forum, which is where questions about creating stuff should generally go.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 6:46 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 23rd Feb 2015 at 8:03 AM.
I wanted to try my hand at meshing and so I started following the tutorial. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...New_Mesh_Basics
I did fine with everything till I got to step 4.2. I get the info at the left side and can see the 3dir, but nothing shows up on the right side.

EDIT: Disregard the blondes' post. She doesn't always think the way normal people do :P

So, just for anyone else who might have a blond moment, you need to have SimPE full screen and not small to see the left side. Why it totally disappears, I dunno, just know that when I made it big .. *poof* it magically appeared. So lesson here, small is bad and big is good :D
Screenshots