Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 2:47 AM
Default Just a chess board game
I was wondering if a chess board that can be place on a normal kitchen table, be something interesting for you?
I made one that has only the chess board, so you can place it without the need of a whole new furniture. Since the original object is a tad higher than a kitchen table, i made it look like it is placed on top of the box it came in...
No need moveobjects on, it places just fine. You just have to make sure the green arrow point toward one of the chairs, and not towards the other ends of the table.
I took pictures today : The normal object vs several kitchen table with the new chess board only, on them.

And in action. (this picture was taken a while ago)

Dad is holding his plate, because before i took the picture, he was playing chess with his wife, and I had place the chess game on that tile. He went to sit with his food while it was still there.
otherwise, he would have eaten at the table just fine.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 8:24 AM
Kya Sarin made the Any Surface Chessboard and I made a Legless Chessboard, someone else made one but I can't remember off hand who it was. Personally I love the idea.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:07 AM
The any surface one is sims 4 @Michelle nobody has yet been able to make a working diagonal sims 2 board. Would be great though.

Rosebine yours is different enough since you are using the inside chessboard. If a chessboard could be made to shift up and down a thin one could be made, like the foldable types that people play chess and checkers on. Having the box under it is a great idea though. An old distressed one would look better on the medieval table.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#4 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:05 AM
@joandsarah77 Oops, didn't realise it was a Sims 4 one, I know someone else did one for sims 2, for the life of me I can't remember who. I have to agree a distressed wood board would look good.

ETA: Ailias "AnyTable Portable" Chess Board

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:39 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 19th Feb 2018 at 6:23 PM.
Oh! I never even checked before offering
When I want/need a thing, I just go ahead and make it...and that was some time ago too.
Thank you both. I'll keep it to myself
Are you calling my wooden table medieval? I did not make it with this theme in mind, it is just something a woodworking man would do...it is part of a set I have yet to complete(Welcome to my world)
So I guess..it would fit a medieval theme.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:03 PM
I think yours offers something different, Rosebine

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:16 PM
Else than being place-able without moveobjects on? Ok. Thank you. Then I might work a bit more on it.

just a girl
#8 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:57 PM
I've wanted "portable" chess board for some time now. I like that yours doesn't need moveobjects cheat, Rosebine.

And thanks for the link to Ailias' board, Michelle. I might check it out, although moveobjects thing makes it a bit less appealing than this one.

Would be great to have "portable" versions other table top games as well. (No pressure, it's not a request )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 12:09 AM
Other table top games as in...? Don't wake the llama or something? Because that one is not a 2 sim's game, they can be 4 players. If it is placeable on a 1x1 kitchen table, that is fine, but you could not place it on a 1x2 table without losing the ability to play 4 sims together. You could still have 3 players though.
So unless you go for a 4x4 kitchen table. It might not be as useful.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 2:50 AM
Ok..so I took more screenshots, but apparently they weren't worth saving, as my Bandicam decided not to save them for some reasons..
I will re take them and post them maybe tomorrow, as I am done with my game for tonight.
Anyway, just wanted to show you, it is now slaved to the maxis table, and will also take the recolors you have for it, I don't have any.
I also added a recolorable subset, the box it is on.
This objects had 2 groups in its gmdc, surfaces & surfaces. But only one recolorable subset which was surfaces. Don't get confused, these are VERY different, surfaces was recolorable, while surfaces had no real purpose...(are you following?)
So..I redid my mesh, and now there is surfaces & box. Surfaces is now slaved to the maxis chess table it is cloned from, and box is..well..the box you might want to recolor to fit your taste.
Have a good night.

just a girl
#11 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Other table top games as in...? Don't wake the llama or something? Because that one is not a 2 sim's game, they can be 4 players. If it is placeable on a 1x1 kitchen table, that is fine, but you could not place it on a 1x2 table without losing the ability to play 4 sims together. You could still have 3 players though.
So unless you go for a 4x4 kitchen table. It might not be as useful.

The usefulness comes from the fact that you don't need a whole new table with its own set of chairs dedicated to just one game. You can take it out from a shelf or inventory and plop on a dining table. At least that's what I was thinking what I would do with this chess board, and instantly this llama came to mind, too.
Anyway, it's your project. The slaving is a good idea. Looking forward to seeing it uploaded.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:37 PM
A picture, as I was too tired yesterday.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
nobody has yet been able to make a working diagonal sims 2 board. Would be great though.

Chairs...the chair is the problem. Not so the chess board. A sim won't even see a dining table as a valid table to eat with their plates on, if the chair is placed diagonally. It is the same for playing chess. You need a valid chair, and diagonal ones aren't that guy.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 8:36 PM
Ailias made the "Any Table Portable Chess Board" http://modthesims.info/d/166057. I use it often in my game. While Sims are playing chess others can sit and eat .
Instructor
#14 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 9:18 PM
It looks cool. Can't wait to try.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes