Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 5:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default BodyShop black screen?
When I load BodyShop, it has a black screen on the left hand side, where the sim preview usually is. All the buttons are clickable, but it won't show what I am doing. Also, all of my sims in the bin have their arms sticking out, and many of them are grey, like they only have their meshes.

Things I have already tried:
-deleted the cisgen.package files
-got rid of duplicate mesh files in my downloads folders

Any idea what's going wrong?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 3:40 PM
Just checking: have you also tried to run it with no CC in your Downloads? A bad bit of CC can cause problems in BodyShop just as easily as it can in the game.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 12:54 PM
In a similar thread, the one with the problem wrote that it was because the downloads folder was overfloating (and appenrently fixed the problem by knowing this. It was also mentioned, that the person with the problem only had around 500 download I think. Which makes me wonder, what does it mean, when a folder is overfloating, and how to fix it? Cause I think that is what is causing black screen for me...
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:09 PM
Ok so my downloads folder is definitely overfloating, if the word means what it says. First I tried to remove all clothes except from defaults from download. BodyShop worked. I put them back in and it then it doesn't. To make sure it wasn't just some file in the Clothes map that where causing, it tried to remove my Build Mode folder from the downloads. The same result. So I guess what could be causing this is simply a too full folder. But the reason I didn't understand this, was because in the other thread he/she/whatever metioned that they had "only" about 500 downloads. Then they fixed it, it was not mentioned how, but later they wrote that they now had the same problem again but with about 800 downloads?? So now the overfloating doesn't make sense,at it leaves me here very confused.

I hope people can manage to understand what is is, that I am asking. I'm a little tired today and my brain won't do english. Maybe no one will answer anyway cause it's a hella old thread.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:03 PM
Hmmm - well, it is a 5 year old thread. I think if you're having problems, it might be better to make a new one for yourself. Having said that, I think that's a graphics issue in the first post.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc