Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Odd problem with NRAAS's story progression mod
Now please understand I don't know much about mods but I find NRAAS story progression mod to be very impressive and it improves the game to the extent that I really don't want to ever play without it, it is just that good.

Still there is an odd bug that only seems to pop up when I have this mod installed. What happens is this. Whenever a fire breaks out anywhere in the game world the camera scrolls over to watch the fire. This happens even if the fire is on a lot I don't own, even if none of my Sims are a firefighter, and even if they have never spoken to anyone at the lot. No matter what I am doing even in build mode the game takes over and forces me to watch the fire and if I scroll back to my lot and my sims and try to control them the game keeps scrolling back until the fire is out. This means that any time a fire happens in the game it become unplayable for about five to ten minutes and it gets a little on my nerves.

It doesn't seem to happen if I remove the mod and full disclosure I do have another mod running to make the fires more realistic but that is the only fire related mod I have and it doesn't seem to cause any problems running so I don't think it is behind this.

As I said i love this mod and I really respect NRAAS for making it, it is up there with the new ending for Mass Effect 3 so far as great mods that add replay value to a game go if you ask me. There is just this one small bug and I was wondering if anyone else had run into it and if they had did they know of a fix.

Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:48 AM
You must have a lot of fires in your game(s), in all the years I've played TS3, I've only had a few (that I didn't set myself).

The most recent fire that caused the camera to move to the fire location was in Dragon Valley, a jelly bean bush caught on fire in a park and one of the non-actives put it out with a fire extinguisher. That was quick and small.

Do you have 'allow arson' enabled in your SP settings (wondering if any of the fires in your game are deliberately set)? And, I wonder if the fire mod you're using is making it so that there are more fires, more often.

SP > Options: Lots > Allow Arson (default is True)