Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 4:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
The game crashes when I try to load my save.
It's so frustrating, I have looked everywhere on the internet for a solution to this problem but can't find one.

What happens is that I want to start a new town afresh so I have downloaded one that is known to work "Beach City", which loads fine. The problem is that I always attempt to add around 10 lots into the empty lot spaces then once I save and quit the game, I can't load it again without problems. These lots are not corrupted; I used to use them without problems before the IP patch. Now when I try to load my save the game crashes and I get some Access_Violation reading/writing address. I don't want to play the game if I can't add new lots but don't want to give up on it. Does anyone know what the problem could be? If I can't find answers here, I don't know where I would be able to get them. I have already:
- Disabled DEP of Sims 3 apps
- Made sure that the game was using the full 4 GB
-Tried adding an extra 2 GB with Ramdisk
- Launched the Game using TS3W
- Removed CC but it crashes with or without CC
- Restarted factory settings
- Saved my games using "save as"
- Reinstalled the whole game
Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Processor Architecture: AMD64
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GiB)
Antiviruses: Windows Defender

Games Installed: The Sims™ 3 (1.67.2.024017), The Sims™ 3 World Adventures (2.17.2.011032), The Sims™ 3 High-End Loft Stuff (3.13.1.011031), The Sims™ 3 Ambitions (4.10.1.011031), The Sims™ 3 Fast Lane Stuff (5.8.1.011031), The Sims™ 3 Late Night (6.5.1.011031), The Sims™ 3 Outdoor Living Stuff (7.3.2.011031), The Sims™ 3 Generations (8.0.152.011001), The Sims™ 3 Town Life Stuff (9.0.73.012001), The Sims™ 3 Pets (10.0.96.013001), The Sims™ 3 Master Suite Stuff (11.0.84.014001), The Sims™ 3 Showtime (12.0.273.015001), The Sims™ 3 Seasons (16.0.136.019001), The Sims™ 3 University Life (18.0.126.021001), The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise (19.0.101.022001)
Custom Content: No

[UNKNOWN] 06/06/2015 15:40:31
OS Version: 6.2.9200
TS3 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
TS3 Version: 0.2.0.209
Installed RAM: 7.83 GiB
TS3 Free VM: 2.75 GiB / 4.00 GiB
Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000028
Crash Address: 0x006827fe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x002817fe
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 8:31 PM
Did you try install just The Sims 3 game and run it with no expansions or updates?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Hi,

Sorry if some things here are repetitious, but it is just to get a clearer picture of what you are doing.

1) Did you update to 1.67? The reason I ask is that TS3 has ended development, so 1.67 is the latest patch and any modern mods or CC or worlds would be designed to run on that. Also, it will eliminate any DEP or LAA (4 GB RAM) issue automatically.

2) When you run without CC/mods, did you also remove the cache? Some mod scripts are stored in the cache. However, you said this is a custom world? "Known to work" doesn't say much because everyone's system is different. Have you tried running a clean game? Move the whole TS3 user folder to your desktop and start TS3, it will create a "new" user folder. Do NOT add anything from your original folder to the new folder. Add this new world and try it. Play around to make sure it is glitch free.

3) Would you mind posting your deviceconfig? It is a log file in your TS3 user folder called deviceconfig.

1) Yes

2) Yes. The problem is that this world works absolutely fine, until I add lots to it then when I "Save As" and quit, it will not let me load the game back because it crashes to the desktop. I have just checked all of the lots using the Custard Cleaner and the Dashboard, deleted any lots that may have any CC, cleared my caches, moved the Sims 3 folder to my desktop and started from the beginning. But even now when I try to load the save after adding lots it crashes. The same happened when I tried to add lots to Starlight Shores.

3) Certainly
Quote:
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3300 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 4000 RAM: 8018 Adjusted RAM: 7506 Cores: 6
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Family: 6
Model: 15
Cores: 6
HT: 1
x64: 0
Memory: 8018MB
Free memory: 4069MB
User: Awwaaba
Computer: AWWAABS
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Name (database): GeForce GTX 660 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 11c0, Board: 354e1458, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.5306, GUID: D7B71E3E-5280-11CF-5263-43151CC2C435
Driver version: 5306
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 4032MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
=== Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 1
LightingQuality 2
GeneralReflections 1
TextureQuality 2
VisualEffects 2
TerrainQuality 3
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 0
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dailycard
Did you try install just The Sims 3 game and run it with no expansions or updates?

I haven't tried that yet. The issue is that I would lose interest in the Sims 3 if I could only play it without the EPs. Do you think that one of the expansions could be corrupted?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 7:01 PM
Your deviceconfig looks fine. The only thing that might cause some crashes is Win 8, as some has compatibility issues with TS3 on Win 8.

First of all, try not to "restore factory setting" or "reinstall the game and EPS" etc... The chances of something like a corrupted installation is remote. But more so b/c there is no reason to believe your system or installation is the issue.

Let's go systematically.

1) You said these lots worked pre-IP patch. Do you know whether they have worked 'after' the patch? TS3 is no longer being supported by EA, which means no more patches. So patch 1.67 will be the last patch regardless of which EPs you have. If you have not patched to 1.67, I strongly suggest that you do. This will be the last patch you will ever need for TS3 and it is also expected any modern working CC or worlds designed today will be based on the 1.67 standard.

2) Does your game run fine on a clean run? Without ANY CC, including beach city? Were you able to play other worlds and plot other lots, save and load them?

3) We need to know whether it is the lots that are causing the crash or the world Beach City that is causing the crash. To test this, there are two ways. A) You can do a clean run on an EA approved world and plot 10 of these lots on there, save, and load them. If the crash doesn't occur, then it is Beach City that is causing the problem. If the crash does occur, then these lots are the problem. or B) You can load Beach City and plot 10 EA approved lots on there, save, and load. (You only need to pick 1 of these 2 tests).

If you are getting crashes either way or can't even run EA approved worlds with EA lots on a clean run, then it is likely related to your game installation or your system. But until you get this far, there is no reason to take such drastic measures such as reinstalling etc...

Another slight thing I noticed is that Beach City is a huge world. Your deviceconfig shows that you used up 1/2 of your RAM (4/8 GB) before you run TS3. Yeah, TS3 can use up to around 3.2-3.5GB, but many overlooked that Win8 OS itself requires a good 1-2GB of RAM. Your system would be paging files to free up memory, this might cause problems.

Try closing some programs to free up RAM before you run TS3 with Beach City.

I apologise, work has kept me off this forum. I have updated my game to patch 1.67. Now that you mentioned it, I also upgraded to Windows 8 around the time that I installed Island Paradise. This may well be a Windows 8 problem.

I'll do what you recommended over the weekend; I will try to start a clean game with EA worlds and lots only and let you know what happened. Thanks for the advice.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 8:56 PM
Your deviceconfig looks fine. The only thing that might cause some crashes is Win 8, as some has compatibility issues with TS3 on Win 8.

First of all, try not to "restore factory setting" or "reinstall the game and EPS" etc... The chances of something like a corrupted installation is remote. But more so b/c there is no reason to believe your system or installation is the issue.

Let's go systematically.

1) You said these lots worked pre-IP patch. Do you know whether they have worked 'after' the patch? TS3 is no longer being supported by EA, which means no more patches. So patch 1.67 will be the last patch regardless of which EPs you have. If you have not patched to 1.67, I strongly suggest that you do. This will be the last patch you will ever need for TS3 and it is also expected any modern working CC or worlds designed today will be based on the 1.67 standard.

2) Does your game run fine on a clean run? Without ANY CC, including beach city? Were you able to play other worlds and plot other lots, save and load them?

3) We need to know whether it is the lots that are causing the crash or the world Beach City that is causing the crash. To test this, there are two ways. A) You can do a clean run on an EA approved world and plot 10 of these lots on there, save, and load them. If the crash doesn't occur, then it is Beach City that is causing the problem. If the crash does occur, then these lots are the problem. or B) You can load Beach City and plot 10 EA approved lots on there, save, and load. (You only need to pick 1 of these 2 tests).

If you are getting crashes either way or can't even run EA approved worlds with EA lots on a clean run, then it is likely related to your game installation or your system. But until you get this far, there is no reason to take such drastic measures such as reinstalling etc...

Another slight thing I noticed is that Beach City is a huge world. Your deviceconfig shows that you used up 1/2 of your RAM (4/8 GB) before you run TS3. Yeah, TS3 can use up to around 3.2-3.5GB, but many overlooked that Win8 OS itself requires a good 1-2GB of RAM. Your system would be paging files to free up memory, this might cause problems.

Try closing some programs to free up RAM before you run TS3 with Beach City.

OK, so I did what you asked and it appears that my game has no issue with me adding EA lots to Sunset Valley. It appears that the sheer size of Beach City couple with filling up all the empty lots is too much for the game to handle, although I have a powerful PC. That is a shame, because I can't play the game the way I want to play it. I have also found that the Beach City save does load when I replace the Meta file on my save with one from another save in which I didn't add extra lots. I suppose I can live with that but would like to be able to play without having to replace it every time. It feels like a chore.

I have used the game booster to close certain applications and free up the RAM but to no avail. Do you think an extra 4 GB may do the trick?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 9:51 PM
Hmm.. I'm tempted to try Beach City now. The largest world I've tried is the New York world and it runs just fine on my system, but I've never tried plotting in 10 lots before either. Just curious, did you plot all 10 lots before you exit edit town? Why don't you try plotting in 2-3 lots and then see if you can save it. Then merely load the game again and add another 2-3 lots. It might be a pain to do, but it is a 1 time thing. (Actually if you haven't tried this, I would suggest you do. There is a possibility that 1 or 2 of the lots have some glitch which causes some compatibility issue with the BC world.)

Also, from my previous post, you can try to close programs and increase your RAM before you play, this would help.

It's a beautiful world, perfect for the sim population I made. But because that population is big, I need to fill out the empty lots to house them. Sounds like a plan, I will try and see if it works better when I add a few lots at a time.