Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#451 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 6:35 PM
Expansions:

1. Seasons: Also adore the new objects, hairstyles, clothing, careers (FINALLY EDUCATION!)
2. Apartment Life: Although I think renting an apartment for four weeks will be the same price of buying a house, unless it's
a trailer or small apartment, I love how you can move paintings and wall decor up and down the wall, the fact that neighbors can watch the kids,
and the new neighborhood puts a knot in my stomach for the loss of Bella .
3. Freetime: Big fan of new activities, especially that you get to choose a friend to age with you (although I usually age group of people up with my sims for realism..)
return of the genie lamp, do not like that if you don't do some activities for a period fo time you lose interest in them.
4. Bon Voyage: The only reason this is no 4 is because of the camera, and the fact you can order picture albums and go on a real honeymoon, and tents! Yay, anyone else make a
nomad family? Otherwise eh little boring.
5. Open for Business: This would be no. 4, but the camera is my fave item in all the eps so :/-love that you can make over or mess up your neighbors hair and face,
running businesses, and etc.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#452 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 5:31 PM
Here are my faves and dislikes:

Fave Expansion packs:
1. Seasons
*'cuz everyone likes it, duh!
*the penguins are so cute
2. Open for Business
*'cuz you can WooHoo in an elevator
*'cuz you can live off in a room surrounded by flowers -- no food needed.
3. FreeTime
*I have a thing for guys in soccer uniform
*'cuz I love SecuRom!
4. Apartment Life
*'cuz my Sims like it when their neighbors make noise while WooHooing
*'cuz green skin is so en vogue for 2011
5. Nightlife
*Vamps, tramps and dates with a gramps!
*'cuz people give you free stuff after you go out with them

Worst Expansion Packs:
6. Bon Voyage
*Vacations are actually nice...especially if you like loading screens every now and then.
*Why name someone 'Witch Doctor' when he's neither a witch nor a doctor?
7. University
*Do you honestly think school is fun? Do honestly think sending Sims to school is fun? Something's wrong with you.
*Maxis finally lets Sims commit murder. Introducing --the Cowplant!
8. Pets
*'cuz nasty wolves come and trample on my garden...and it's much more difficult to edit when you're in an apartment!
*'cuz it doesn't have llamas in it

Of course I'm joking with the explanations. If I would have been honest, I would have said what everyone else said in this thread.

The rankings though, are true.
Lab Assistant
#453 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 6:37 PM
I was thinking of getting Uni this week, but judging on what you guys are saying, I might not...
I want Seasons because it looks like so much fun! <3 But... I can't find it anywhere.

The only EPs that I have are Pets, Nightlife, and OFB. I agree, Pets is a bit dull, considering the fact that you can't control the pets, and they don't really do much. :/
Instructor
#454 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 10:21 PM
Uni does seem to be a love-it or hate-it ep. I don't know where you live, but in the U.S. Seasons is still offered as a direct download from EA Games (currently $9.99).
Lab Assistant
#455 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
Uni does seem to be a love-it or hate-it ep. I don't know where you live, but in the U.S. Seasons is still offered as a direct download from EA Games (currently $9.99).

Are you serious? :O Sweet! I need to go download that! :D
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#456 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mew1210
I was thinking of getting Uni this week, but judging on what you guys are saying, I might not...
I want Seasons because it looks like so much fun! <3 But... I can't find it anywhere.

The only EPs that I have are Pets, Nightlife, and OFB. I agree, Pets is a bit dull, considering the fact that you can't control the pets, and they don't really do much. :/

Mew, I use a handy cheat boolProp controlPets on, works like a charm You still can't cancel the action, but it is nice to have in the game.

~123blissb

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Instructor
#457 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 5:06 AM
Yep,

put

boolprop ControlPets on
boolprop PetActionCancel true

in your userstartup.cheat file, so they are always on. Been playing with that for years.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...erstartup.cheat

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Lab Assistant
#458 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 6:01 PM Last edited by Lollopisemis : 12th Jul 2011 at 6:14 PM.
I have University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage and Apartment Life.
My favourites are:

1. Seasons! The weather makes the game so much more realistic. My oldies are now able to have a good life where I don't kill them as soon as possible now when they can have their garden and culture strawberries and other fruits. Pleasure!
2. Apartment Life! Love the furniture, the new interactions and the witches. And my Sims really enjoy living in apartments when they have just become adults. Yayy!

I also like Pets, although the pets can be REALLY annoying and in the way sometimes. But for me it's still a must have. University is cool, I can't see why so many people seem to dislike it! I always collect all my teens and move them in to college and sometimes I play with 8 Sims in a household and it can be entertaining to see them fight, love etc. "Of course", I have cheats like InTeenimater and other so it probably makes it alot funnier than if I wouldn't have downloads.

The other two games, Bon Voyage and Nightlife are not installed. Nightlife is fun, I like the vampires and the clubs but I don't take my Sims to Downtown very often because I have to load like 3-4 minutes which is too long for me so instead it takes needlessly much space on my computer.
Bon Voyage was the most boring one I've played. It's a few years since I played it last but this game also took me a lot of time to load and I didn't like the stuff there very much.

AAAND, don't buy the stuff packs, that's my advice. I had IKEA home and Teen Stuff which came with the University and I really liked IKEA but Teen Stuff didn't have much stuff and it was ugly things that at least I don't use. To me, the stuff packs are a waste of money!
Lab Assistant
#459 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:26 PM Last edited by rosalinarocks232 : 6th May 2012 at 11:12 PM.
My faves:
1. Apartment life!
Oh come ON, who doesn't like apartment live?!

2. University.
I love it. Period. It's awesome, and the pillow fight is good for sleepover scenes in your movies, too.

3. A tie beetween Seasons/Pets.
Seasons - It's more realistic to have seasons in the game, and the new town with it is good too. The only thing is after a few sim days the seasons start to get boring! And then they just go around....And around....AND AROUND.
Pets - I think the reason pets is on the list is because I am a crazy animal/cat lover. If I didn't have that in me it would be my 2nd least favorite.

My least favourites:

1. Bon Voyage.
I know a lot of people will hate me for this but to me, Bon Voyage is just boring for me.
Bottom line: Try harder next time, EA.

2. Open For Business.
It kinda sucks. Well, it's the same scenario as Seasons. It's fun for a while then it just goes around....and around.... and- Oh you get the picture!
Plus it's hard as hell to get a good store without having to make your own sims run it alone.

3. Alot of people might OR might not agree with me on this....
FREETIME.
Ugh! I can't even say it without shuddering! It makes me sick that they had nothing else instead of this! This.... THING is awful and is done at the last minute it seems! It's like the head of EA sat down and said :
' Okay guys, we've only got what seems 2 days, so make up the most coolest last minute thinking so the players will eat it all up! We've got AL on the way so HURRY! "
Also, all movie makers DON'T INSTALL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's really annoying if your sim is "In the Zone " (ack!) and then some weird dude comes up to your house and says something complete rubbish for no reason. Then it gives you some "card" to go to the "Blah blah blah my muse blah"
Don't buy it. It's a waste of your time.

Edit: I change my mind about the seasons going on and on and on. I also apologize about the rage on FreeTime, I didn't really make a point, I just kinda raged. I just get irritated easily. (I take after my dad.)Now I think about it, FreeTime isn't as bad as I stated, but it in my opinion it isn't going to be on the best expansions. I'm still sticking to the point I made about how it isn't good for movie makers like myself.
Mad Poster
#460 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:33 PM
Well, we're in agreement on University (though I'd put it ahead of Apartment Life), but you totally lose me on FreeTime. I installed it recently and Grandma's Comfort Soup and the secondary aspirations totally make up for the stupid hobby people, so far. But I don't make movies.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#461 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosalinarocks232
My faves:
3. Alot of people might agree with me on this....
FREETIME.
Ugh! I can't even say it without shuddering! It makes me sick that they had nothing else instead of this! This.... THING is awful and is done at the last minute it seems! It's like the head of EA sat down and said :
' Okay guys, we've only got what seems 2 days, so make up the most coolest last minute thinking so the little noobs will eat it all up! We've got AP on the way so HURRY! "
Also, all movie makers DON'T INSTALL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's really annoying if your sim is "In the Zone " (ack!) and then some weird dude comes up to your house and says something complete rubbish for no reason. Then it gives you some "card" to go to the "Blah blah blah my muse blah"
Don't buy it. It's a waste of your time.

Nope, can't agree. Pretty much any annoying thing from any of the EPs, including the hobby visitor and zone effects of FT, can be managed with mods.

My contribution to this thread is to say I can't imagine playing anything but the full game. I don't think of EPs as "games", but rather expansions (go figure) to the one big game that is Sims 2. For me, to not have all the EPs would be to have an incomplete game, period.

That said, if I had to choose a favorite (and I'm SO glad I don't!), I suppose it would have to be Seasons. Weather is just too basic to not have, and is something I enjoy very much in real life as well as in the game. I also love for my sims to be able to live off the land, with gardening and fishing!

The EP I use least is OFB. Just not into the owned business thing at all. Even that is something I plan to learn how to do, though. Even more importantly, I recently realized that it's OFB that makes merged 'hoods possible! For that reason alone, I could never see myself ever uninstalling this, my "least favorite" EP, much less any of the others. :lovestruc
Instructor
#462 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 12:34 PM
Do you run into many issues/conflicts/bugs having all the eps installed?

I agree having all the eps and stuff packs is the best way to play (if your finacial and system requirements allow). The catalog items have been portioned throughout the eps and sps. It's a clever way to sell a product but makes it difficult if you don't have a very good computer.
Mad Poster
#463 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:45 PM
Josepina, no, I don't have any issues that I think are in any way related to having all EPs (and SPs too, btw) installed. Which is not to say this game, wonderful as it is, isn't buggy as all hell. My game is fully patched, and heavily modded to make up for all the potentially game-killing screw-ups (and annoyances) it shipped with. I even have clean templates installed right now, because I don't feel we can rely on the original templates to be stable for long-term play, even if all VBTs are assiduously avoided.

I think it important to note that my base game and all EPs are the early standalone editions. I don't trust the more recent combo packs at all, and am glad I don't have any of those. From what I've heard, it seems like the did weird things with those combo packs, mixing up game features in ways that don't match what they did in the original EPs. Makes for some annoying installation issues, and weird bugs. Also, some hacks/mods aren't compatible with them. I always encourage people who don't yet have the full game to seriously consider paying a little more for single-edition versions of all EPs.
Instructor
#464 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 12:17 PM
Thanks I'm not far off having all the eps and was curious. I do have the Double Deluxe combo pack and haven't had any installation issues or bugs or problems wih hacks, yet (knock on wood).

I'd also like to say that freetime is worthwhile. There is many new activities for sims, sewing, pottery, ballet beam, hobby train set, full size steam train for hood, remote control car and helicopter, junk car to restore, exercise bike, games rack for business, basketball hoop, soccer net, synthesiser/mixer, violin, juice bar, cooking stove as a hobby, ant farm? (ok that one is ridiculous), plus activities for children and toddlers. There's hobby specific decorations to make the activities look more visually interesting. And a canopy crib, recolors for the dj booth (including pink), pink phones. And this guy arrives at all your properties to give you free computer for no apparent reason.

I don't really understand the benefit of being a hardcore hobbyist, reading hobby magazines, talking to family and friends and trying to hook them into reading your hobby mags, joining a member only hobby club on a secret lot, developing enthusiasm etc. As well as sounding a little kooky it seems very involved and a lot of work. However new activities with new animations to make the game more interesting is not as bad as some might claim. It is a great addition to ofb and you can make and sell more varied stuff.
Undead Molten Llama
#465 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 9:26 PM
Welp, now that I finally bit the bullet and got all EPs/SPs except the Holiday one that I have zero interest in, I can make an "official," ordered list. And I'll try not to be too verbose.

I should note that there isn't an EP that I don't like; they all add something interesting to the game, IMO. My ratings are strictly based on the usefulness that I get out of a given EP's features, given my play style. So, my top 5 EPs are the ones that I can't/won't play without. The other three are the ones I could let go of if I had to (although I have no intention of letting ANY of them go). But I LIKE them all.

EPs:

1) Open For Business
This is my favorite because I love running businesses and experimenting to see what is possible in doing so. It also gives me my favorite furniture style: Mission. And it opened up an additional whole new world: Crafting as one's sole income-generating occupation. And Servos. Servos are way better at nannying and cleaning and repairing than any nanny, maid, or repairperson you can hire. With Paladin's Servo stuff, particularly the recharge station so you don't have to have them stand out in the sun, they're the perfect servants. And, aside from the cost of building them, they're free. And they're playable, so you can control them. They're also great employees, and if you want to you can make them look human and...and...and...Yeah, I love OFB. I wouldn't play without it.

2) Freetime
Yes, the hobby calls/visits are annoying. Hack it out. It's easy enough to do. For me, the secondary aspirations and lifetime aspiration benefits trump any and all such annoyances, even if you don't hack the annoyances out. Secondary aspirations are SO VERY USEFUL, if for nothing else other than knocking a Sim out of an "aspiration rut," like the Fortune Sim who wants to buy hundreds of paintings or the completely woohoo-obsessed Romance Sim or the Knowledge Sim who rolls endless utterly boring wants to sit on his/her ass and read-to-skill or Pleasure Sims and all their inane, immature wants...Well, anyway. Give 'em a nice Grilled Cheese secondary aspiration and all's well. Oh, and I also like the additional crafting opportunities, given that I love that aspect in general. And with the lifetime aspiration benefits, Sims can go permaplat without achieving an LTW, which is helpful for the way I play where, among other things, if a Sim is fired from a career, they can never enter it again.

3) Bon Voyage
This is my most recent EP acquisition, having only gotten it about a month ago or so, so perhaps it's artificially-elevated in position, but...I don't think so. I confess that I really like it. Although their limitations are kind of frustrating, I really like building and playing beach lots. And I LIKE sending Sims on vacation. I'm currently in the process of building my own custom island paradise as a template that I can re-use because I'm not that impressed with Twiikii Island. (Mostly because the big hotel lots tend to lag on my aging computer, so I'm making an island destination with pretty much all small, non-laggy lots.) Doing this is A LOT of fun and it's eating all of my Simming time at the moment. Also, I LOVE pretty much ALL of the furniture and build mode stuff that came with the EP, particularly from a recoloring possibilities standpoint. I LOVE the new trees, both on-lot and neighborhood deco...and I also like the new beachy neighborhood deco like the pier pilings and the breakwater. I like the new radio stations, too. (Yay for big band!) I even like the clothes, especially the swim trunks for guys, which I usually don't pay any attention to at all. Yep, I like BV a lot. MSD's surfing add-on is just the icing on the cake.

4) Pets:
I confess that I don't use pets a whole lot. And some of the stray behavior is annoying. (But, thankfully, hackable.) However, I DO like werewolves. But this EP is on the "indispensable" end of the spectrum for me for one reason only: it adds the individualroofslopeangle building command. Yes, I know M&G gives you an individual roof pitch adjuster, but it limits you to a maximum pitch of 52 degrees. Sometimes, when I'm doing funky roof things in the process of building a lot, I need more than that, if only temporarily.

5) University
I'll admit that, unhacked/adjusted, the whole college thing isn't as fun (Mostly because it's too long, IMO), but WITH adjustments and with Inteen so that my older co-eds can shack up and start families if that's their wont...I love the whole college thang. I also love some of the build/buy stuff it came with. I confess that I like the funky 70s stuff, since I grew up in the 70s, and I really like fountains. And I can't live without the concrete modular stairs, so this one squeaks into the "indispensable" category.

6) Seasons
I guess I'm not as impressed with it as some people. Yeah, it's nice to have weather, but it can also be annoying at times (Just like real life, I guess! ). I do like Plantsims, and I do get quite a lot of use out of gardening and fishing but, in truth, I could probably live without all of it...although my monastery wouldn't be the same. I also might be a bit biased against Seasons because it added the whole "country" theme to the game. I HATE kitschy country style IRL, so I'm not about to sic it on my Sims. I don't even like seeing the stuff in the catalog.

7) Apartment Life
I made a lengthy post about AL when I got it, and most of what I wrote still holds true. In short, I tend to like the details of the EP like shiftable wall stuff and the whole networking/reputation thing. But the "big concepts," like apartments and witchcraft? Mostly meh. The witchcraft is too labor-intensive for my likings, and big apartment buildings, like big hotels, tend to lag on my aging computer so they become more annoying than enjoyable...although I do like to build small detached single-family rental houses for those who can't afford to buy a house, as well as duplex townhouses on small lots. But given all the above...I could live without AL. I do really like some of its furniture, though, particularly the Boho stuff.

8) Nightlife
Yeah, it has some fun stuff. Like vampires. I like vampires a lot...but I could live without them. Chemistry is useful and nice but, again, not necessary. Cars are fun...but for me not necessary, especially not with the "Walk to Lot" and "Walk to Work/School" features that later EPs added. Nightlife's "big concept" -- dating -- I could at this point ENTIRELY live without, given the way I play. I usually use a shopping district as a "Downtown," so that additional townies aren't generated, so I don't need that subhood, really. And the Pleasure aspiration that this EP adds is my least favorite aspiration. So, in the end, Nightlife is my most expendable EP. Although, like I said, I have NO intention of getting rid of ANY of them. In fact, I don't think I CAN get rid of Nightlife, since I originally got Deluxe.

SPs:
(I want to say up front that I got the SPs mostly so that I could have the object meshes to recolor. My ratings are based on what I see as their usefulness in that regard. With a few exceptions, I generally can't care less about anything in an SP except the object meshes.)

1) Mansion & Garden
It is the one SP to rule them all. Probably because it's more like a mini-EP, even down to changing the game engine if you don't have AL. And I like everything it includes, from the plants and terrain paints to the ceiling fans (though I wish they were animated) to the solar panels/windmills (LOVE them!) to the cornices and other architectural stuff to...well, everything. Even the hairstyles, which is something that usually doesn't affect me one way or the other.

2) IKEA
It's ALL nice, simple buy-mode objects, and I intend to recolor the living hell out of most of it! Fun! Plus, it's just nice to have some nice-looking-but-inexpensive Maxis furniture/objects in the game.

3) Glamor Life
Again because of its rather nice build/buy stuff that can be made even nicer with some good recoloring. And a new fountain. Squee!

4) Teen Style
I like the furniture meshes this comes with, but the colors leave much to be desired. But that's fixable, according to me. Like, there's this "goth" end table that I really like the shape of, so I just need to de-goth it, color/texture-wise.

5) Kitchen & Bath
In general, I tend to only use buggybooz's kitchens in the lots I play, so this EP's new large appliances and counters, while nice, are neither here nor there for me, personally. However, I like the new small appliances better than the base game ones. And, a rarity for me, I like the clothes. Yay for bathrobes and new underwear (Yes, I know there's tons of custom stuff...but I'm not generally into downloading clothes.). Also, I like the towel racks for bathrooms.

6) Family Fun
I do like the "castle" bedroom set for kids. It reminds me of my daughter's bedroom which, although she's 14 now, she still hasn't changed out of "princess" style. She likes her silly plastic castle loft bed, the nut. Other than that, this one's pretty "meh" for me, although I do like the "tropical" outfits for the whole family. They go well with Bon Voyage, now that I have it. Also, I think this one added some music that I like to some of the radio station. (Specifically, some Barenaked Ladies tunes to the pop station. Yay for BNL.)

7) H&M
Clothes...not my thing. Believe it or not, I wanted this one mostly for the lighting and display stuff to use in businesses, particularly once recolored.

8) Celebration
Pretty darn useless, IMO. It's nice to have some more formal wear for the guys but...the "wedding dresses" don't look like wedding dresses, dangit! (Thank God for CC. I don't download much in the way of clothes...except wedding dresses/ballgowns, for which I am a total sucker. I'm like a 12-year-old girl that way.) And the objects...meh. I never use most of them and have little-to-no interest in recoloring them, either.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#466 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Josepina
I don't really understand the benefit of being a hardcore hobbyist, reading hobby magazines, talking to family and friends and trying to hook them into reading your hobby mags, joining a member only hobby club on a secret lot, developing enthusiasm etc.

Well, it is worthwhile if you're into "get rich quick"/"skill up fast" schemes, and makes life for artist, novelist and ctafter sims easier.
Alchemist
#467 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 7:56 PM
Is there any reason to get Pets if you don't care about the animals or the werewolves? I'm mostly into Sim interactions so are there any cool things I'm missing out on by not having that EP?
Alchemist
#468 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 10:51 PM
I have just reinstalled AL and, boy, is the game empty without it! I love this EP and it's the best EP after Seasons and Pets.

omglo, I don't think Pets adds any new interaction, so there isn't anything you're actually missing out (except pets, but, meh ).

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Mad Poster
#469 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 12:31 AM
Pet dishes and beds for your toddlers to use in those high-stress households. If later EPs give you these things in the catalog, or you have other ways to access them, or you just don't want them, and you don't like pets...well, there you go.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#470 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 1:44 AM
Pets is the EP that seems to always magically fix any of my problems, but I've said it many times that it's one of my least favorite EPs. Unless Pets are an active part of your gaming, it's not really worth getting. Whereas with other EPs (Uni, NL) there's a ton of new gameplay, objects, clothes and interactions that you can use without necessarily directly interacting with the new gimmick.
Alchemist
#471 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 1:48 AM
Thanks, I guess I'll pass, then. I've got modded floor blankets for the toddlers, and don't mind forcing someone to drop what they're doingp and grab them a bottle if necessary.
Field Researcher
#472 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 6:29 AM
*Seasons: Weather and that you can have all the seasons and do more activities, especially garden. But the bad side is, is that you can get hurt by lightning. Well I think you can but, probably. And I'm not sure if its just along with seasons or it was in the base game but you can get the flu or a different sickness. Never had my sim die though..

*Nightlife: New town, you can have cars and more people in the town, but you'll only see more in the night life part of town.. if that makes sense. The bad side is that you have to wait for the other town to load to go to it and stuff.

*Bon voyage: I actually haven't played it so I can't say its good OR bad but what I saw on videos and heard in reviews is that you can travel to different places and get new stuff, take interesting pictures and its more scenery for you to make videos.
Mad Poster
#473 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 1:23 PM
If a sim is struck by lightning (or for that matter get shocked while fixing an electrical appliance) while his motives are low he will die. Otherwise, he gets all scorched-looking, with wild hair, and his hygiene and bladder scores take him down to "desperation." The scorched look remains until the next time that sim takes a shower or bath.

Dormies will often run around looking scorched for days until they take a shower on-screen. Townies seem to be immune to lightning, probably because they're so seldom on lots where they have the opportunity to shower that if they weren't, your playables' relationship panels would be full of scorched-looking people all the time.

Theorist
#474 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
1) Mansion & Garden
It is the one SP to rule them all. Probably because it's more like a mini-EP, even down to changing the game engine if you don't have AL. And I like everything it includes, from the plants and terrain paints to the ceiling fans (though I wish they were animated) to the solar panels/windmills (LOVE them!) to the cornices and other architectural stuff to...well, everything. Even the hairstyles, which is something that usually doesn't affect me one way or the other.
Hi iCad,

I enjoyed reading your thoughts about all of the games but I just wanted to let you know the M&G ceiling fans are animated. :lovestruc You can even change the fan speed but you to be in live mode to turn them on--just have your sims click on them and you'll get the option.

It would be great if there was a mod that allowed you to interact with objects while you build on unoccupied lots. I'd love to be able to animate objects like fans, fountains and be able to turn lights on and off to see what they'll look like without having to move a sim in before I'm ready to.
Test Subject
#475 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 4:48 PM
Well, I only have Sims 2: Double Deluxe for the PC installed, so of course, I only have the Sims 2 base game, Nightlife, and the Celebrations SP. So far, I really like it all! I mean, it's definitely a step up from my old game for the PC (Sims Life Stories), and it still has the dating function, but this time, you have totally awesome places to go to!

I do have to say that Pets does seem to be the worst one to get, but I think I might still ask for it for Christmas. I mean, if I don't wind up liking it, I could just 1. not give any of my Sims pets, or 2. Uninstall the game and give it away.

Also, Sims Uni seems to be getting a bad rap here. I think I'd still like to give it a go. Is it any fun at all?
Page 19 of 33