Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 1:22 AM
Default WIPs and wishes
Hey guys! I was just curious about what people were working on in the Sims 3 these days. I'm beginning to notice that's nearly all I do.
Currently I'm editing the lots for a tiny urban world and I'm going to fill it with characters from Urbz: Sims in the City.

What's your current WIP?
Advertisement
#2 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 1:55 AM
Trying to make better houses.
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 4:44 AM
I have been slowly populating Evansdale County with my own Sims, adding some homes, and remolding existing ones. Almost two months now.....
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 9:00 AM
Re-organizing my CC
I have a huge folder with some ancient CC I need to rigfix, some sets without collection files, and a folder with new downloads. I'm taking all that stuff into game in quite small parts to see what I want to keep and what to delete, create collections where needed, take or download screenshots for me to see what is there in the folders.
I used to be less picky with CC at the beginning of my sims 3 playing, and there wasn't even a lot to choose from back then; now I have some new, better alternatives to old stuff, but there are some old faves i want to have in game.
It's a tiring process, but I don't want to deal with a gazillion of sims3packs if I rarely use many of them.
Also, planning a world, currently creating recolors for come in-game stuff in gimp, and selecting terrains to use.

My Simblr - Sims 3 builds and occasionally some other Sims 3 stuff
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 9:06 AM
I'm currently working on a desert world of my own in CAW that I'm overdue to finish off.I'm also setting up another world I downloaded for a new challenge game.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 9:50 AM
I'm handling both ts3 and 4 at the moment. In ts3 I'm working on a Ankhor Wat merged with a big city. I'm just squashed for time. I have a house in Revit I'm working on at the moment too, but I'm going to make my own windows for it, so it's going to be timeconsuming. Sometimes I wish I could be satisfied with small projects and one at a time.
Alchemist
#7 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 11:25 AM
Currently working on two worlds. The other is a long time pet project on my website and the other - ME3 Vancouver - is already installed and a few lots (festival lot, resort lot + Shepard's Intai'sei apartment) short of ready. I've also been making ME themed stuff (clothes, objects, lots) for that world. I also love to create paintings, signs etc. and patterns for my game.

Volvenom... I'm eagerly waiting to see your Ankhor Wat. I'm sure it will be amazing.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Volvenom... I'm eagerly waiting to see your Ankhor Wat. I'm sure it will be amazing.

Yes I'm in the stage where I have to decide on colors and style for the Ankhor Wat place, old or more newish? Grunge isn't really my thing Perhaps I should make a thread in the feedback forum?
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 2:22 PM
Well, on the other hand I'm working on my grungiest upload so far - I've never sunk deeper into decay before - but - being just an inch from finishing it - I realized that I couldn't furnish an interior on a sim lot if I didn't have an exact idea what kind of sim lived there. Without a vision, what type of personality he/she/they is, I can't. Amused by this little discovery, I just lean back and do nothing.
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 2:59 PM
Working on getting my new laptop charger so I can actually play sims
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 4:09 PM
Slowly building the community lots for my PGC-ish in Deery Meadows. And wrestling with myself on how many recolors I want to do in the main house.

Not to mention still waiting for the heir to be born.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 4:25 PM
I'm trying to learn how to make scripting mods with animations, dream trees, life time wishes. My current project is a mod of the alchemy cabinet so that a sim can "put away all alchemy ingredients" because darn it, Glow Orbs are NOT fertilizer! Lobsters are fertilizer.

Then the insect cabinet .... so that "put away insects" and Put away "nanites" are two different options. Maybe "Get Ingredient for... Limitless Learning". Cuz the game is not about mucking about in your inventory.

Wow. Learn C#, learn Jazz, learn Mikeshape (not sure why they didnt use the free "Blender" because you have to use Blender for animations anyway), learn how to tie into events alarms, and all that.

And a lot of the tutorials are gone. Like Simlogical? Gone. Gotta dig up from the archives.
Instructor
#13 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 4:35 PM Last edited by southparkrocks : 25th Jan 2017 at 5:53 PM.
Trying to move my family into a new house and decorate the house with their packed furniture even though the bed house already has furniture and is much bigger and has a lot more furniture than their old house.
Edit: actually ended up having them stay in the old house since the game crashed when I was doing that and I managed to find room for their 3 unborn children's cribs.
Theorist
#14 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM
I've been playing around in an empty neighborhood, slowly placing or making open lots with RH rugs and using old and creating new sims to fulfill various roles. The McDermott's from Riverview are my main farm family; their son Maximus is a fisherman and sells fish at their grocery store a few hours each day. Their other son Travis is the village patrol officer. Constance Shelly (also from Riverview) is the librarian, and Thorton Wolf works at the local bank in the Business Career (using Zerbu's open career mod for TS3). I just placed Reverend John in my game this morning after getting the church lot finished. I used a faith custom career and Zerbu's mod to have him working on the church lot.

This is really just a test hood while I get all my lots and sims built, and then I will start a new game with most of them ready to go (before I'm done there will probably be a few that I just add more slowly over time).

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 6:28 PM
Still working on creating a population of 45% aliens, 40% imaginary friends, and 15% humans. More or less. Haven't worked on the world they'll be moved to in another generation or so in about three months, but paying very close attention to the worlds I'm incubating imaginary friends in. I have learned a lot about what I want/don't want in my ultimate world.

I want: all the main rabbitholes & most important venues close together. Most residences close together. GOOD routing. Not a huge number of venues. One Showtime venue at the max--I haven't played any of these so I wouldn't know which to include. Not a lot of Night Life venues--and none that require bouncers as I hate the celebrity system &have banned it from the game. Flat building areas. Still working out what's the right level of spawners: enough to get all the things I want easily enough, not so many as to cause problems. I don't play for the annoying little quests, so probably I can leave out some spawners that only really feed into those. But I still want enough landscape to be visually interesting.I'm looking for clarity on how I want to9 use NPC doors to get the feeling of apartment living/higher density by housing the homeless in town like that. I feel I don't understand that fully.

I'm clearly not making this world for download so I have only my own prejudices to deal with. Also I can use the custom things I like for that reason.
Scholar
#16 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 6:40 PM
Reworking Etham's Drift world in CAW by my own whims - building houses, community lots, editing enviroment..God knows when it will be done
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 7:08 PM
Creating Sims. I think I spend most of my time fixing townies or making new sims.

Current Project

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
#18 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Creating Sims. I think I spend most of my time fixing townies or making new sims.

Current Project

He's beautiful, he reminds me of Adam Driver!
Alchemist
#19 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 11:11 PM
Waiting for the current generation of the legacy to die off so I can start another game, this time with Gaylord from Sunset Valley.
Working on a small comic to send off above-mentioned generation with a bang
Writing a tutorial on editing clothes, and trying to beat some unruly textures into submission, lol.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 1:10 AM
I'm been slooooowly working on making an edited version of Roaring Heights that is more city-like and with more playable space. I'm still testing and will need to then populate with families and new lots.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 3:01 AM
I'm currently turning a winter type world into an antarctic - like research settlement, using rugs for the RH's. It will start off with only two or three families, but achieving certain levels of certain careers will allow more sims or families to settle there.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Reworking Etham's Drift world in CAW by my own whims - building houses, community lots, editing enviroment..God knows when it will be done

I would love to see the finish product, that is one of my favorite worlds, it has not been updated since Supernatural. Good Luck!