Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:38 AM
Default Will things made by Sims stay in a house once it is exported?
Hi! I am a house builder and am curious as to whether or not items that are made by sims (sculptures, paintings) as well as things sims find (seashells, rocks) that I have placed into the houses on shelves and walls will remain if I export the house to upload here. My sims have created paintings and found items that I really like that fit perfectly fit the theme of the house but I am worried if I export the house those paintings and objects will disappear and be replaced by generic premade painting and items. If they do not disappear and will remain part of the house when others download it I'd like to know so I can keep adding them. Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pancake101
Hi! I am a house builder and am curious as to whether or not items that are made by sims (sculptures, paintings) as well as things sims find (seashells, rocks) that I have placed into the houses on shelves and walls will remain if I export the house to upload here. My sims have created paintings and found items that I really like that fit perfectly fit the theme of the house but I am worried if I export the house those paintings and objects will disappear and be replaced by generic premade painting and items. If they do not disappear and will remain part of the house when others download it I'd like to know so I can keep adding them. Thanks!

I have a downloaded residential lot that is full of paintings on the walls painted on easel by the previous resident sim in the uploader's game - they are all blank white canvas for me.
But, we have all different combinations of mods /core mods in our games, so I'm not 100 % sure that it would happen the same way for other players, for example for those who play vanilla.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
I have a downloaded residential lot that is full of paintings on the walls painted on easel by the previous resident sim in the uploader's game - they are all blank white canvas for me.
But, we have all different combinations of mods /core mods in our games, so I'm not 100 % sure that it would happen the same way for other players, for example for those who play vanilla.

Thanks for the reply. This is a shame because I really wanted to include some of these paintings in the home. However the fact the canvases still remain may indicate objects sims find like seashells may stay intact.
Inventor
#4 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 7:28 PM
technically, these kind of data are exported. If the objects disappeared or were replaced, this means they belongs to another pack. Something similar happens to painting and sculptures, the game will restore the default data of the object.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:23 PM
I know for a fact that pictures taken by Sims do transfer.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I know for a fact that pictures taken by Sims do transfer.

Is that like photographs? Not paintings?
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:55 AM
tsyokawe made a great tutorial for photographs, and she used them frequently in her lots.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532440
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 12:49 PM
The potential for photographs is crazy.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )