Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#226 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:43 PM
Emetophobia. Fear of vomiting, I've been diagnosed
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 2:10 AM
Ichthyophobia, fear of fish. To this day, I can't swim in a lake or actually anywhere that doesn't have clear water. Even then, it terrifies me if they touch me. I cried once because my mom was urging me to get into the lake.
Forum Resident
#228 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 3:04 AM
Another couple phobias of mine are entomophobia. Fear of insects, especially beetles. It was so bad that one morning at 5:00AM I had to call my grandmother over from next door to kill a beetle because I was locked in my bedroom in terror.

Acarophobia. Fear of ticks. One was attached to my husband a month back and he wanted me to get it off of him. I was shaking so bad I couldn't get close to the thing and finally I had to walk away because I couldn't breathe and was about to fall from shaking so bad.

Another is car wrecks, though I don't know what the name for that is called. I have nearly passed out before from thinking we were going to wreck. Plus with the hallucinations I get at night when riding in the car, I 'saw' us going off the road and started screaming, scaring my husband who was driving and nearly making us wreck for real.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Field Researcher
#229 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 10:24 PM
I'm creeped out by bugs, 'nuff said.

Also, I am TERRIFIED of Chuckie the killer doll. He's so creepy
Field Researcher
#230 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 9:25 PM
Aracnophobia I have a major major fear of spiders
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 9:39 PM
I think have social phobia. I just went through great lengths to avoid my friend's sweet sixteen because I'm afraid everyone will laugh at my dancing, or the way I look, or I'll say something stupid and everyone will hate me . I've never gone to a friend's birthday because of this. At FAMILY parties, with people I love, aunts that practically helped raise me and cousins that I grew up playing with, I sit in a corner and stare at a wall and try to smile. They try to pull me up and encourage me to dance, even trying to dance with me in a silly way to make me relax, but all the attention makes me even more nervous and afraid. Whenever I speak to them at parties, I make weird creepy jokes even though I could've been talking to them normally just a day before. I had a panic attack like episode at my High School orientation. I chose not to have a sweet sixteen for fear of humiliating myself. Sometimes when I walk in a bus, I feel like everyone is looking at me, judging the way I dress or the way I walk, or the way I insert my metro card. But with close friends and when I'm with a family member or anyone one on one I'm completely comfortable. I'm loud, I'm opinionated, I'm extremely talkative...so it's weird. But I'm afraid my friend is going to feel offended that I didn't go to her party, like I don't care about her or something
Instructor
#232 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 10:52 PM
I don't know if it's actually a phobia for me, but I'm gonna go along with the spiders as well. I don't scream and panic from the sight of them, but I can't remove them. I can't get myself to grab them with a tissue even. I have to smack them with a book first.
And then thunder. I used to find it cozy and fascinating. I still kinda do. But at the same time I just have to cuddle up in bed and wait for it to pass. I really want to stand by the window and enjoy it, but I don't dare to, if it's close by.
Instructor
#233 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:58 AM
Spiders. I know a lot of people say this, but I can't even stand little fake rubber ones or anything with wayyyyyyy too many legs. That goes for lobsters and scorpions, and anything that looks creepy. A prime example, I was in Business English, and it was raining heavily, and my husband was late, so I sat upstairs with the teacher wasting some time, and I found a book of beasts. Well, I thought it was all mammals, considering the cover had tigers and whatnot. So, I flip through it, and suddenly there's a page with a tarantula *shudders* and I threw that book across the room and it nearly busted something because of it. My teacher still laughs his butt off at that, and whenever I see him he asks if I want to take another look at that book. Whenever I've seen a spider, I am unsettled for the next few hours, and always feel itchy and I'm looking around like I have a stalker behind me or something.

Also, Crowds/People I am insanely shy if there's no common discussion - even on the internet. I'll play games like Wow and see people talking and interacting. I can't do that. They have to come up to me or start talking to me. In real life, I'm worse. I'll be in a room filled with people, and I won't say a word unless someone talks to me first. I also get nervous, and I have this urge to run away as far as I can. I'm very sociable if I'm comfortable or with my husband or if its one on one, but too many people and I become a mute. I went through all of sixth and seventh grade, and I think I spoke maybe five or six words - not counting talking to teachers or whatnot. Me + People = Running Away.

I'm an only child of parents who were very old when they had me. I played by myself a lot, that might have something to do with it.
Test Subject
#234 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 9:24 PM
I don't have a proper phobia but I have a fear of crabs
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 11:51 AM
I hate spiders, and ALL kind of bugs.

I feel really bad in small rooms and underground, always got the feeling that everything will fall on my head any second.

This may sound weird but I fell uncomfortable while walking up-dawn stairs. It is combined with not being able to go on ladder too. I've landed on my back few times in my childhood (miracle that I haven't broke it), and now I'm constantly afraid that I will fall down - it's not just a fear, I've got a feeling of falling down while being on the ladder. It's pain in the a** because at home I can't go to attic - only way is through ladder. And when I had to decorate christmas tree outside the house (not very tall but still) I thought that I'm going to die lol. And it's not about heights, I can stand high and look down and nothing happens, it's just way up and down that makes it so bad. As I write about this I came to realize that I'm generally afraid of falling, even when someones by accident moves the chair I'm sitting on and just for a second I loose balance I'm terrified.

Also I'm afraid of phone-calling to strangers - ie. I had to call to my university to just ask about exam term. I hate that. And still I don't know why.
Theorist
#236 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 4:54 PM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 28th Aug 2012 at 5:10 PM.
Right now my pet phobia and internal self talk is "I'm too stupid to know exactly how stupid I am and how stupid I look." What if I'm the dumbest person in the area and everyone I meet knows that I'm the one that should be tolerated because I'm challenged. Show me a quadratic formula, wtf is this garbage? Last year I was able to solve them after much practice and seeing examples of them in a book with clear explanations, but now it looks like lorem ipsum zip zop zoopity bop. Why can I not understand the Higgs Boson? Everyone and their cat got it after reading one article. Simple!

Maybe I should download a picture of the particle, print it out, and burn it so that I can snort the ashes like crack.
Field Researcher
#237 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 9:53 AM
I'm scared of door handles. I get zapped so much I've just developed a wierd 'thing' about it. I must look like a moron when I'm opening a door. I went through a phase of not being able to touch my dvd player. I'm also terrified of unorganic carrots but that's somewhat normal considering the amount of chemicals in them. I don't like going to the service station and getting petrol when its really hot because I think my cars going to blow up.
Does any other country have service stations? I know in Britain they're called garages and in america gas stations. I always worry that tourists will come over here and go to the service stations thinking they'll get serviced by prostitutes. I never see prostitutes at my local services stations, even late at night. Unless the prostitutes here wear flannel pants and sweaters and flip flops.
Theorist
#238 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 4:31 AM
Dreams. I hate them.

The few times I do remember my dreams, it almost always involve me being chased and almost killed by monsters, zombies, or some other abominations. And then I wake up with this massive headache that lasts for hours.
Test Subject
#239 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 11:06 AM
Needles.

Fish - dead or alive, they creep me out =/

Gas masks (After telling a housemate this, they thought it would be HILARIOUS to wear a gas mask for Halloween).
Field Researcher
#240 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 1:14 PM
Spiders and clowns are a major one for me.

Another slightly odd as i've been told is. . . plugholes like in the bath or sink, just erghhhh. Especially at night i cannot look down them without going all funny.

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
#241 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:40 PM
Parasite worms.
...you know.. tapeworms, ringworms, hookworms, and friends...

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Instructor
#242 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 12:17 AM
I am without most irrational phobias, but I still get a few hairs stand straigt up during familiar scenes. I love flying, but there's always something happens in that time after I bought the ticket and before take-off day. The scariest thing is the other passengers. And .. no a bridge has never caused me any harm at any time. but so many people in my family have a fear of bridges that I get some reflexive moment crossing a noisy bridge.
Test Subject
#243 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 1:24 AM
I have social anxiety with symptoms of agoraphobia, so I guess you could say that I hate crowds and have panic attacks around people I don't know. I'm also really scared of sharks although I love them. it's weird. I find them fascinating, but I won't swim in an ocean.
Top Secret Researcher
#244 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 7:54 AM
Depth - Bathophobia

As in - I'm afraid of any piece of art that is not bas relief :P

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#245 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 3:04 PM
Oh woah totally forgot i started this, Casual surfing on MTS and found this again

WIN
#246 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 8:06 AM
Hooded things (e.g., The hooded monks in Resident Evil 4, the Nazgul in LOTR, Billy Mahoney in 'Flatliners', etc,). The first time I saw the Reaper arrive in TS2, I wet my pants a little (and pretty much every time since, if I'm honest).

The theme song to "Unsolved Mysteries". This isn't just something which scares me, I mean I purposely avoid exposure to that song and I live in fear someone will unleash it upon me unexpectedly (ala the 'RickRoll'). I own the "Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts" boxed set but I am usually too scared to watch, and if I'm forced (usually by sadists who find my fears funny) I insist they mute the theme song bits. I could be wrong, but my pet theory is that it's pure evil translated and condensed into music form. This seems rational to me.

I fear the sea, and I won't go out on boats that are going so far out you can't see land anymore. Partially due to a fear of drowning, partly irrational lifelong superstition caused by repeated drowning nightmares as a child, and of course, partly due to Cthulhu (in fact, the whole phobia might be based 60-70% around Cthulhu).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#247 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
The theme song to "Unsolved Mysteries". This isn't just something which scares me, I mean I purposely avoid exposure to that song and I live in fear someone will unleash it upon me unexpectedly (ala the 'RickRoll'). I own the "Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts" boxed set but I am usually too scared to watch, and if I'm forced (usually by sadists who find my fears funny) I insist they mute the theme song bits. I could be wrong, but my pet theory is that it's pure evil translated and condensed into music form. This seems rational to me.

totally wish i didnt youtube that themesong. MUMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Field Researcher
#248 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 3:33 AM
No, Mr. slendy! you can have your damn pages back-just stop making me paranoid!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Test Subject
#249 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 11:21 AM
Heights, spiders, snakes, the dark, my imagination...I think the list goes on but I can't think of more.
#250 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iibeccax
totally wish i didnt youtube that themesong. MUMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I totally wish you hadn't too, now I feel responsible for unwittingly spreading evil.

Good news is there is an antidote, and that's "Jukebox Baby" by Perry Como. Don't ask me why, but it works. It's like the polar opposite to the Unsolved Mysteries theme song and acts fast to reverse the spine-tingling effects.

60% of the time it works 100% of the time.
Page 10 of 13