Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 3:00 AM
Default Sims 2 .pmd to mesh help
I've gone through a few of the tutorials on meshing for the Sims 2, I know my way around body shop, SimPE and a good chunk of milkshape. I'm trying to make hair for the Sims 2 from a .pmd file I have. I have tried replacing the original model from the game with this one and putting it back into the game but the old model still showed up. If there's a tutorial that properly explains to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish, it would be great if someone could point me in that direction. Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 3:09 AM
You could always try importing your mesh file into milkshape (it'll probably need to be converted into a compatible format first), then following this tutorial: http://serenity-fall.dreamwidth.org/1743.html. It explains how to convert TS3 hairs, but (skipping the "extracting the hair" part) should be valid for any other hair mesh as well.