Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2011 at 1:06 AM
Default Operating Table?
What herbs should I put in the operating table and what would that do? Im not finding much information on it.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 4th May 2011 at 3:36 AM
You don't need to put anything in it. It's just a place where you can store your extra leeches if you get tired of lugging em around in your inventory
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th May 2011 at 8:03 AM
Sri, I think you're right that the operating table works like any other workbench (required items can be accessed directly from inventory, so storage is a feature rather than a requirement); however, in addition to leeches, doesn't the operating table use herbs for medicating and anesthetizing patients? Does anyone know which herbs are required for those procedures?

My gatherers tend to gather indiscriminately, so except for "rare" items like Angelweed and non-gathery items like well water, I never really noticed what was getting used in particular rites.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th May 2011 at 12:15 PM
The table will use the herbs your hero as in his inventory if there are none in the table itself, just like for leeches. Don't remember the herbs used, but they are listed in the "lesson" about the operating table.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th May 2011 at 12:40 PM
I've just checked and it says Valoroot, Eaglewood, Sagewort and Lordleaf.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th May 2011 at 1:44 PM
Last I played the table didn't really care what herbs I used. If that really is the case, then I suggest that you just fill the table up with common herbs like wildflower and save the rarer ones for potions. Just a little tip.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:19 PM
It won't work, Bartholomew, unless they changed the way it works since the patch - the only herbs used by the table are the ones named by happyopy. First time I had to do surgery, I was very surprised to see that I had only 12 herbs in stock while I had a stack of 90 wildflowers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2011 at 11:24 PM
ok thanks that what i thought but i wasnt sure.. i found i can only put a handful of herbs in it like happyopi said... the others wont let me put them there... and yes i think its to use the purple nasty medicine. other wise with out the herbs in there it doesnt give me the option to do that.