Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2011 at 11:10 PM
Default Game Crashing After Intro
Well, I'm having an issue.

On the other PC, my sister was playing Sims Medieval, and, well, this may be unrelated, but here's what happened previous. First, books were disappearing. Then, she was doing the Power Grab quest, the Foreign Support chain of it. Now I never did that way, so she tells me you had to send out your adviser to the Village. However, her adviser never came back from the Village, even after she canceled the quest.

Then she went ahead and patched the game (she had at least the first patch, I know that much). Well now it crashes at the loading bar, right after the intro. And I mean, it crashes right away, or just after a little bit is filled. Now, the game was working usually fine before, aside from the missing adviser and the books disappearing. There was a few crashes in the middle of gameplay, what caused them I don't know. I think there was probably no more than three total.

I used a program, Revo Uninstaller, which was supposed to purge all the game files. And, I cannot stress this enough: there are no mods. I never put mods onto the game on that PC, and she doesn't even use mods in general unless I put them on for her. There were never any mods involved.

I have reinstalled it. I have tried it unpatched. I have tried it patched. It crashes after intro every time, and I am at a loss on the matter.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th May 2011 at 6:46 AM
I would suggest you uninstall it one more time, forget about that Revo program. Open the Windows Registry and delete the appropriate keys to TSM manually, then try to reinstall. I think at the EA TSM official sit there is a page that explains how to do this; it would be under Help/Support or reinstalling the game or some such.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:07 PM
Hm, I see. I'll see if I can find it and give that a try.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?