Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 7:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets
Default CC package files cause really bad lag
So I've had no problem with my sims game until a few months ago. I had a ton of bad CC so I reinstalled. I redownloaded a lot of CC. I just got back into wanting to play the game this week.
Most of my files are .simpacks, only like 3 exchange sims, I have maybe 200 packages, which is nothing compared to what I've had in the past. The game runs simpacks perfectly fine, no problem at all, no lag, no anything. But when I try to add package files into the mix, I just get a black screen after launching.
If I play with just simpacks the game runs fine, if I play with package files, it runs, but is EXTREMELY laggy. If I run with both, I get a black screen that won't respond and I have to shut it off.
I've never had this problem before, I've tried reinstalling the game several times, deleting caches, deleting downloadedsims.index. I've looked up multiple forums and videos looking for a fix, but everything I do doesn't seem to work.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:52 AM
Have you checked your packages with the Dashboard tool? It's not 100% accurate but can point out bad cc or conflicts, etc. http://modthesims.info/d/387006

Did you check out the Game Problem help list from the sticky post: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:12 PM
I'm not entirely sure that it's the same problem, but try the steps in Game Help:Package File Lagwiki to eliminate corrupted or Sims 2 package files as the cause.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:27 PM
I can't even get Dashboard working, I've tried several times, and it just crashes every time I try to use it.
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 2:13 PM
Did you what Nysha suggested? Also did you check the requirements for the Dashboard to run from the download page?