Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 1:47 PM
Default Install or uninstall custom content wont work.
I have a huge and pretty weird problem. I haveĀ“t had a problem whit install or uninstall costum content in the launcher until maby a week ago. Out of nowhere its just dont work properly. Sometimes i can open the launcher and the installing process works fine. And sometimes when i open the launcher trying to install (uninstall) CC the "install window" just turns black and nothing will happen... At most i cant install anything, just sometimes i just seem to have luck to get it work.

I have noticed that sometimes it will appear a script error when i start the launcher. But not everytime i open it.
Someone please help me?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:33 PM
Maybe try to uninstall it manualy?
Go to the C:\Users\Kasia\Desktop\(Username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and delete Sims3packs.
If you have package files go to C:\Users\Kasia\Desktop\(Username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages and delete them.
Or just reinstall the game,restore system or something.
I hope I help you though a little.
Sorry for my English,if it's bad.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katiePolish22
Maybe try to uninstall it manualy?
Go to the C:\Users\Kasia\Desktop\(Username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and delete Sims3packs.
If you have package files go to C:\Users\Kasia\Desktop\(Username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages and delete them.
Or just reinstall the game,restore system or something.
I hope I help you though a little.
Sorry for my English,if it's bad.

Deleting Sims3Packs from the Downloads folder doesn't uninstall them. The package files from the mods folder are different from the ones that are installed through the launcher.

Don't reinstall the game just yet.

Try creating a new "The Sims 3" folder by moving the other one somewhere else and rename it. Then run the game. It will automatically create a new "The Sims 3 " folder in "My Documents.

Then try installing your CC slowly in increments. It's possible that it's bad CC. It's possible your computer is working too hard, could you post your specs?

The script error message, I believe happens if you don't have Origin installed. Nothing to worry about as far as I know

If this doesn't work: you might want to start reading here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...onsive_Launcher