Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:33 AM Last edited by Jmacfan : 22nd Nov 2014 at 1:00 PM.
Default How do i install mods?!
How do I install mods to my sims3 game?
I installed the game through origin...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:57 PM
Here is how you install mods, it's actually really simple.
1st. Make a backup of all your saves/worlds, just in case.
2nd. Go into your Sims 3 folder, it will be under Electronic Arts , you can also just search it.
3rd. Inside the Sims 3 folder make another folder titled, "Mods"
4th. Download this , it is a resource that allows you to run mods.
5th. Put that in the "Mods" folder.
6th. Inside the "Mods" folder, make another folder titled "Resources"
7th. After you do that, download the mod you want.
8th. The file will most likely download as .zip. If it does, unzip it. What I do on my Windows 8 is use 7-Zip. Right click the file, then 7-Zip, then extract files.
9th. After you extract it, put the extracted files in the "Resources" game.
10th. Load it up and have fun!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 10:07 PM
Thankyou for trying to help, lovescarmen, but your instructions aren't correct.

Firstly, OP, you need to know if the CC you're trying to install is a .package file or a .sims3pack. Don't worry if you're not sure - our CC guide explains how to tell.

If it's a sims3pack, it's pretty easy: you just double-click.
If it's a .package file then, like lovescarmen said, you need a Mods folder and a Resource.cfg. However, the Resource.cfg that lovescarmen linked to won't work (as it's a txt file not a cfg file), and the folder you need to create is called Packages, not Resource. I recommend using the all-in-one download in our guide, which creates all the folders and the Resource.cfg for you, and puts them in the right place, as long as you follow the instructions.

So, the famous guide: Game Help:Sims 3 CC Basicswiki.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.