Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#126 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 3:13 AM
Yes, anything that fits in the download catagories we already have qualifies. Lots, Sims, Careers, objects etc.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 7:13 AM
hmm... if only i could get SimPE to work right...

that would be REALY good for this totaly awsomest idea known to the site

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Scholar
#128 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 9:55 AM
Although this has kinda been answered already, I just want to get it clarified - so I could do, say, Egyptian themed tattoos? That would count?

*is itching to make some tattoos*
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#129 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 1:16 PM
Tattoos are very welcome. You'll need to get started soon though, not long to go before closing!
Scholar
#130 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 2:08 PM
Oooh I shall get a move on then!

Thanks for answering Echo
Test Subject
#131 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 4:39 PM
Ill give it a try but it probably wont be very good. I really want that excellent plumbob trophy though =/
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:23 PM Last edited by charleeheart : 8th Aug 2007 at 8:44 PM.
Ooooo!!!! I want that plumbob trophy!! I have no talent whatsoever for The Ancients, but I can't wait for a theme like Medieval Life, or Mysterious Circumstances, or even Vintage Victorian. I have some lots just waiting for the right opportunity to shine!
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 2:24 PM
This is a great theme for the first MTS2 contest. I had a blast creating a little piece of "ancient" sim civilization and I'm really enjoying all of the entries that have been submitted so far.

There is one thing I am slightly confused about. When I submitted the thread the references to the cc were auto-generated and I went through them all specifying appropriate descriptions, creators and links. In a previous submission these credits were then automatically included in the body of the thread when it was approved. However, with this submission, the auto-generated credits did not appear in the body of the thread and so my first attempt was lacking some of the proper credits. I did not realize this until I received a pm pointing out that all of the credits were not listed after which I resubmitted. My apologies to the moderators for the extra work this caused.

I am now assuming that cc credits should be done both manually in the body of the thread as well as part of the thread submission & auto-generation process. Would this be correct?

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Test Subject
#134 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 7:58 AM
Hey Tatiana,

I'm so happy to see you here!
Can't wait to see your submission. I'm sure it will be excellent.

Leonie
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 12:02 PM
i cant even relcour at the moment what ever i do sims pe wont work if you know what the problem is then pm

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Test Subject
#136 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:03 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to download more of other people's stuff!!!

(Since I absolutely can not created ANYTHING, not even a shirt.)

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on."
William S. Burroughs
Test Subject
#137 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 2:02 AM
i wanted to enter this contest soooo bad! i am actually good at creating the kind of clothing i was going to do. but it has been the worst month of august for us here in Minnesota , not to mention my computer crashed and i lent my sims to a friend sometime ago so i couldn't install it somewhere else and this is the first time we've had power in a while, but now it's too late to matter. i think that who ever created these challenges should have an ancients part 2. i was looking forward to it. so it goes . good luck to everyone who entered!! :D

Do you really want to be me?
Instructor
#138 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 12:04 PM
As far as I can tell, the contest hasn't closed yet. You might still have time. If not, after a month, the theme will be open to everyone and you can submit your clothes then.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 7:27 PM
You still have 5 days... get yer skates on!
Tatiana, yes, the submission process works differently for the contests area - thanks for pointing that out, I'll see if we can get it fixed

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#140 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 11:31 PM
Man, I really don't know what to do...I don't really know anything about the ancients, maybe I could research and end up with a weird ancient-type-roman house? I don't know, I mean, I'm only 10! Other than that, I was thinking a career on researching, like, your sims would research about the ancients, for their boss, and a chance card could be...
Your boss wants you to find out 20 pages worth of information on Cleopatra, but you promised your family you would go on a picnic with them. What do you do?

Like, something like that. But I don't know what the base career would be and hey, I'm only 10! Any comments or help?
Instructor
#141 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 12:31 AM
Well, there have been some really nice lots, but no small livable houses. You can try that.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Inventor
#142 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 4:53 PM
Also, you are not limited to Mediterranean cultures - anything ancient works.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#143 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 4:33 AM
I'm paranoid about my submission. I sent it in on the 13th, and my control panel says it hasn't even been viewed once. Does it have to get through approval que before the deadline? Is it just taking longer than normal to get looked at because it is just taking longer, or did something go wrong?

I just don't want my hard work to be accidentally overlooked. If there is a backup, I understand and can be very patient. I just want someone to tell me to stop worrying. Meanwhile :: wrings hands ::
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 5:14 AM
If you submitted a lot, we're a bit behind on them, because a couple of mods are away. If we still have unlooked at stuff by the deadline, we'll close submissions but we will look at everything that was in on time.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#145 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 5:31 AM
Thank you so much! I'm extremely relieved to hear that.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 4:33 PM
whiterider: Thanks for relieving our collective minds about the moderation queue time frame.

Phaenoh: I feel your pain! I submitted a lot on Aug 10, and mine's still in the queue as well. I fully intended to post this same question this morning, only to find out you'd already beaten me to it. Thanks for asking the question that, I'm sure, is on a lot of minds as the contest draws its last remaining breaths.
Test Subject
#147 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 6:01 PM
Soooo.... What's the theme of the next contest? My lot is in the queue too, so I could start something new.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 6:06 PM Last edited by Tatiana Dokuchic : 17th Aug 2007 at 8:57 PM.
Seems like there are a lot of us queing up. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the entries, the ones that are up so far are great.

Hey Leonie, happy to see you too!

Thanks for your response, Whiterider. I appreciate it.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
#149 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:27 AM
YEE-OUCH! it is Aug. 20th!!!!!

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 10:16 AM
I think we might leave entries open untill the end of today, out of charity....

And don't forget to have a looksie at this thread!

Page 6 of 8