Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#351 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 4:18 PM Last edited by simsample : 15th Apr 2012 at 5:15 PM. Reason: Merged posts
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hey bjnicol, for the fog problem, which world are you editing? If it is one of the EA worlds that has custom sea and sky parameters then most likely you are seeing the effects of the colour ramps when they are loaded without the ini files. When you save in CAW, the ini files will be discarded, but the colour ramps remain. You need to delete the colour ramps also to fix this. To do that, open the world in S3PE and delete the following if they are present:
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_ECCBBCB773C02131%%+_IMG.dds
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_7529C26EE8E2A9E6%%+_IMG.dds
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_28C841C9462BCDE0%%+_IMG.dds
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_E422CDDE7FE1F25F%%+_IMG.dds
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_F0A86F660985BF20%%+_IMG.dds
Then save and close.

For the sims, the best way I've found to get rid of those is with Awesomemod. The command 'destroyallhumans' should work in EIG mode. Please read through the thread though as there are some posts by people who have tried this and had varying results, so there may be some tips you can pick up from there.

Thank you. I am editing Starlight Shores. I will open the world in S3PE and look for those files you listed.

I use Master Controller. Is that the same as Awesome Mod? I think I've seen something like "destroy all humans" in that mod, but am not sure as I never have had any intention of doing this. I can't look right now b/c my game is closed. But thank you very much.

I don't see anything at all like the files you listed in the world I am editing.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#352 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 5:13 PM
bjnicol, please edit your previous post if you have something to add, instead of posting twice in a row,

You definitely have your fog on? I didn't ask that because I saw you post that you did on another forum, but I thought I'd check anyway.

You are looking for the right files? Starlight Shores definitely has custom sky files so they should be there. What you need to do is to sort your files by group and look for 0076A684 as in this image:

Assuming you imported all Starlight Shores files into your blank world, they will be there.

If you definitely can't find them then please show me a picture of the problem; it could be that I am misunderstanding you.

Awesome Mod and Master Controller are different things; you may be able to use Master Controller to delete all of the sims but I've not tried myself. Again, please read through this thread as someone may have tried this already.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#353 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 6:39 PM
bjnicol, please edit your previous post if you have something to add, instead of posting twice in a row,

You definitely have your fog on? I didn't ask that because I saw you post that you did on another forum, but I thought I'd check anyway.

You are looking for the right files? Starlight Shores definitely has custom sky files so they should be there. What you need to do is to sort your files by group and look for 0076A684 as in this image:

Assuming you imported all Starlight Shores files into your blank world, they will be there.

If you definitely can't find them then please show me a picture of the problem; it could be that I am misunderstanding you.

Awesome Mod and Master Controller are different things; you may be able to use Master Controller to delete all of the sims but I've not tried myself. Again, please read through this thread as someone may have tried this already.

Ok, sorry about the two posts.

Your picture helped a great deal. I looked and did not find the files in S3PE but apparently was looking in the wrong column or in the wrong sort.

Once I located those files and deleted them, the Fog was back on in CAW.

I knew you were a bloody genius, but this confirms it.

Thank you so much.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#354 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 8:11 PM
Oh, good job! Well done for finding them.

If you want the Starlight Shores weather back in that world, you can always import it again once the world is finished. I have them available for download in post #3 of this thread:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post3679971
Test Subject
#355 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 1:02 AM
Default Lots and bridges missing but world opens???
Hey Simsample, i tried your second method and got my world file to open, however all the lots i've built with no CC disappeared, all that is present is the landscape of the map with roads. All my bridges are missing as well. Would the lots and bridges have something to do with the .SETTINGS file ?
Test Subject
#356 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 9:11 PM
Quote:
2. Open S3PE. Open the .world file that you just made. Choose Resource> Import> From package, and browse to the world you want to open- for example, Bridgeport.world or France.world. It can be any INSTALLED world, you can't really use a S3Pack for this. Click replace duplicates, use resource names, and compress- choose NO if it asks do you want to autosave. Click okay, and let S3PE import those files.

its probably me being dumb but where/what is s3pe? im having problems with a world ive been building and its doing this unable to load crap. really wanna get it fixed.
Thanks
Forum Resident
#357 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:46 PM
You can get S3PE here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#358 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 3:03 PM
smithk287, did you get it working after?

@the_i_woman- the link that auntielynds posted is also in the very first post- it's important to read everything!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#359 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:30 PM
Thanks Prawler- your method is the same as the first method here, except you haven't explained how to remove the WPID. That's fine if you're making a default replacement, but you'll run into problems if you try to have two versions of the EA worlds installed. That's why we recommend the WPID should be removed.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#360 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 7:46 PM
Default Help!!! Can't open Lucky Palms in S3PE!!!
Hi everyone!
I wanted to open Lucky Palms in S3PE to add the heatwaves from Egypt into the world because it would be looks more realistic. But if i open the world, comes this notification:

Could not open package:

C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds\Lucky Palms.world

This file does not contain the expected package identifier in the header.
This could be because it is a protected package (e.g. a Store item).

Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'.

What can i do? Please help me!!!

Thanks!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#361 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:22 PM
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#362 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 12:20 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 9th Jul 2012 at 1:06 PM.
Thank you very much simsample!

Now, i have heatwaves in Lucky Palms. It looks much better now.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#363 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 9:01 PM
Good work, well done for getting it working!
Test Subject
#364 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 9:03 PM Last edited by LittleGrizzly : 11th Jul 2012 at 11:45 AM.
Hello,

I tried to import lucky palms into a new world, using method one. But everytime the distant terrain dissappears. I tried again and again, but no luck. And in my CAW I can´t find the new distant terrain for re-insert it. Any ideas how to prevent it or does someone has an empty version of Lucky Palms without lots? Spent the whole day trying to empty the world, but after running EIG the terrain is gone I don´t have any ideas anymore...

Edit: Read a lot in this forum and heard about the possibility to export the distant terrain for re-importing it into other worlds. But I really don´t understand how to do this. So I have to wait until someone would do this...I hate waiting..
Forum Resident
#365 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 8:24 PM Last edited by skmt999 : 12th Jul 2012 at 5:01 AM.
Ok, I thought I had the post bookmarked, but I don't. How again, do I delete all of the junk 'objects' in the Global Layer? I opened a user world to poke at it, and there's far too many of them there for me to drag onto a new layer to delete. With the number of junk boxes in this .world, I'm sure deleting them will help with the file size. I just can't remember how it was done. :P

edit: so frustrating. After coming home from work, I decided to try hand deleting more of those objects (ocd much, I know) - but the one's I'd deleted earlier are back! I had gotten the number down from almost two thousand to about eighteen hundred just before work, saved and quit. Now there's almost two thousand of these things again. I'm seriously confused and irritated. I expect things I delete to STAY deleted, darn it! >.>'

I wish I could find the post that I'd read months before about getting rid of this bloat. Gah. Back to the drawing board.
Test Subject
#366 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 12:33 AM
Lab Assistant
#367 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 1:31 AM Last edited by SharaRose : 14th Jul 2012 at 2:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
Ok, I thought I had the post bookmarked, but I don't. How again, do I delete all of the junk 'objects' in the Global Layer? I opened a user world to poke at it, and there's far too many of them there for me to drag onto a new layer to delete. With the number of junk boxes in this .world, I'm sure deleting them will help with the file size. I just can't remember how it was done. :P

edit: so frustrating. After coming home from work, I decided to try hand deleting more of those objects (ocd much, I know) - but the one's I'd deleted earlier are back! I had gotten the number down from almost two thousand to about eighteen hundred just before work, saved and quit. Now there's almost two thousand of these things again. I'm seriously confused and irritated. I expect things I delete to STAY deleted, darn it! >.>'

I wish I could find the post that I'd read months before about getting rid of this bloat. Gah. Back to the drawing board.
Do you still have the test world you set up to generate the clean Global Layer? If so, you don't have to go through the process again, since the numbers already match. Just grab the Global Layer from that world again and let the file overwrite the one in your current world. If you do have to do the process again, keep a copy of the clean layer on hand and you can overwrite the active one whenever you want. From now on, I'm saving the layer any time I start a new world to make cleaning that world super easy.
Forum Resident
#368 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 2:27 AM
Thanks, guys. That was exactly what I meant - and in retrospect is something that should have been pretty obvious to try. I feel a little silly now. =B

Off to clean the world! (if only it were so simple in RL, eh?)
Test Subject
#369 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 10:31 AM
Hello all!

I've been reading this thread all night and I can't seem to get my CAW to open premade worlds.

I have edited Bridgeport before on an old version, I think it was just after it was released.

I've followed all the instructions listed here...

- All EXEs are LAA
- Patched to over 4GB
- Cleared Caches
- Updated Sims 3
- Fresh install of CAW
- Newest version of S3PE - Always run as Admin
- No problems with my PC, I have 8GB of RAM.

The game itself runs fine, no crashes on maxed out settings, I am also running my previously edited Bridgeport world.

I want to start from scratch though using Bridgeport but I keep getting the "Corrupted file" and "No memory" errors?

Is there anything else I can try that I haven't done yet?

Thanks

Anna
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#370 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleGrizzly
I tried to import lucky palms into a new world, using method one. But everytime the distant terrain dissappears.

Yes, the distant terrain is part of the LuckyPalms.world file, so it will not work for other worlds (including your LuckyPalms edit) as the world file is only loaded when you're actually playing the original Lucky Palms. The only solution is to clone the Distant terrain, so in effect to make a custom object from it.

@Anna6642- Could you please tell me, step by step, what you are doing up until the point you get the error?
Test Subject
#371 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:00 PM Last edited by LittleGrizzly : 18th Jul 2012 at 1:26 PM.
YES! After several tries I made it. I cloned the distant terrain and re-imported it to my changed world - and it stays after saving. But now I have an other problem: The water is almost transparent now. I thought it has something to do with the ini-Files. So I downloaded them from here and tried to import them with S3PE into my world file. But I get this error (shown on the picture). Tried to decrapify the world file wit the Compressorizer, but this program is not interested in world-Files

Is it possible to get the luckypalms-water and -sky back? I tried to find a solution for this error here in the forum, but for me it´s hard to understand, because my english seems to be a little poor

Edit: Now I tried to export the world, decrapify it and open it with s3pe: Surprise, another error (second pic)...
Without those nice weather- and watereffects the world is useless for me I´ve hoped, the distant terrain problem would be the only one.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#372 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:19 PM
LittleGrizzly, the first error shows that you are trying to import a DDS file by clicking 'import from package'. Instead, you should use 'import from file' and browse to the DDS/ini files.

The second error shows that you are trying to open a Sims3Pack with S3Pe, which will not work. Instead, you should extract the world file from the Sims3Pack and open that.
Test Subject
#373 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 7:02 PM
LittleGrizzly, the first error shows that you are trying to import a DDS file by clicking 'import from package'. Instead, you should use 'import from file' and browse to the DDS/ini files.

The second error shows that you are trying to open a Sims3Pack with S3Pe, which will not work. Instead, you should extract the world file from the Sims3Pack and open that.

Oooops, that´s right, it seems I tried to import from package. I´m a little bit ashamed

Now I can edit my world like I need it, and later I look how to reimport the ini-Files. Without saving in CAW I got it working, the water and the sky was as nice as before.

And if someone is interrested in, I attached the exported Distant Terrain (please edit if it´s not allowed)
The coordinates are
Pos x 1033,29663
Pos y 21,3577785
Pos z 1042,679
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Lucky Palms_distantterrain.zip (7.34 MB, 27 downloads) - View custom content
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#374 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:38 AM
Thanks for that LittleGrizzly, it's okay to share the extracted DT as it won't work without LP installed, anyway.

Well done for fixing things!
Lab Assistant
#375 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 7:58 PM
Hi,
today I am of your great instructions(version 1). Transferred Appaloosa plain .. Love it! Now I edit this city in CAW. Thank you all very!
Do you think there will be no problem to send the world into the game? It's just stupid removing fences and little new ground on aligning plots, not many ...
Page 15 of 23