Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 12:21 AM
how do you edit meshes with milkshape?
I have milkshape 1.7.4 and I am trying to edit the afbodywarrior mesh so that the breast and butt will be bigger, however I'm not sure how to do this so that there are no wholes in the mesh. Also when I use the mesh tool the mesh goes crazy in body shop and the game. I have just started to learn how to edit meshes so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mtgbass
I have milkshape 1.7.4 and I am trying to edit the afbodywarrior mesh so that the breast and butt will be bigger, however I'm not sure how to do this so that there are no wholes in the mesh. Also when I use the mesh tool the mesh goes crazy in body shop and the game. I have just started to learn how to edit meshes so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Starting hints: After loading the mesh, on the model tab press the select button. Down below, click vertex and ignore backfaces.
Carefully select one or a few vertices (you select multiple vertices by holding down the shift key).
The, on the model tab, select "extrude". Go back to the model, press the left mouse button and slowly move the mouse. You'll see your selected vertices move, while the others stay still.
If you make a mistake, select undo.
Repeat select and extrude until things look like you want.
Export and follow the rest of the tutorial.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
#3 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mtgbass

I'm really new with modeling, so I don't think I'd be able to help with any advanced stuff. But, if you didn't know this already, I at least find it *way* easier to find the correct vertices if you have your view set to "flat shaded". Also, if you select one of the views that is not "3d" in the big blue window, you will be able to edit your mesh there as well. That helps as well. You could also try selecting faces instead of just vertices. Also, try using 'scale' when you select the vertices you want, and zoom out in one of your editing windows. That way you can make what you selected expand or contract quickly (that's how i've always enhanced features before) That's what I've figured out so far.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 2:51 AM
Thanks guys for your help. I appericiate it. Unfortunately I have already figured out that much, the problem with scaleing is that it leaves holes in the mesh. The problem with selecting vertices is that it is time comsuming and hard