Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:59 PM
Audio gets muffled when zooming out, instead of just getting quieter?
I couldn't help but notice while playing that when I turn away from the direction of a Sim playing guitar, or a Stereo, the sound doesn't only become quieter (as supposed to) but it's like there's a low- as well as highpass filter put on the audio. It's weird, because it sounds like the quality is reduced that way. What a weird design choice. Why not just ONLY let the audio fade as you turn away or zoom out?

In simpler terms: The audio gets muffled.

I can't be the only one who noticed this. It's not really a complaint, it's just something that bothers me a bit sometimes, because I want to enjoy my Sim's guitar play while looking around, dreaming away.

So uh, yeah. What's up with that? Has anyone noticed?

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:10 PM
Yep, I noticed that too. But you don't have to zoom out in order for that to happen, even if you're very close to the stereo/sim playing music but put up the walls and you're outside the house, the sound gets muffed too. I think it has something to do with the walls. But that doesn't really bother me, what bothers me is that if you speed up the clock the music also speeds up.
Theorist
#3 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:30 PM
That's one of the features of this game. The a guru said that sound is affected by the room and whether or not a sim is facing the camera. But like the above poster said, if the camera gets put outside of a wall, even if it isn't showing, the sound gets put inside while you are outside.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:36 PM
I already was aware of the whole dynamic audio thing regarding walls and such. I LOVE the way overhead and "next-door" audio sounds. The only thing that I find a little bit weird is how for example, my Sim is in the outdoors, and if I "turn my back" towards her, the audio becomes muffled as well.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM
Mhmm, this is rather annoying. I guess the solution is to spam up each room with a stereo, haha :P