Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th May 2009 at 6:57 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 29th May 2009 at 11:01 PM.
Applications will be judged, but no one will be eliminated. The criteria also won't be as tough during the application, as people just get into the swing of things.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:42 AM
My application! Hope ya like it!

Name: Moraja
Planet Name: Sloomookoo

The planet of Sloomookoo had sent out little "visitors" to Earth every year or so in Earth years. At first we were treated as gods, worshipped and loved. Though, in our recent trips it seems the humans no longer think of us as that. The call us "aliens", though, they themselves are horribly unadvanced and are so called "aliens" to us. Through time, all our visits have been peaceful... until now.

World Shot (Thanks to Photobucket!)

HeadShot:

Background:
I am an ordinary Sloomookooian, or so I thought. All my life I have been a model citizen, great mom, and terrific cook in my opinion. Never have I been involved in anything close to illegal or political. I'd just like to say that before I begin.

It all started two years ago, when I married my husband, Azul. Soon afterward we had two wonderful twins, Diabla and Diablo, which was very rare, since the birth rate on Sloomookoo is about 5 a year for the whole planet! Now my husband wasn't the kind of guy who was outgoing and talked about everything, he was very secretive. So secretive, that I didn't know.

One day he didn't come home from "work". A few hours later I got a phone call saying my husband was being held captive on Earth, and you can imagine my horror to that. All my life I had learned that Earth was the worst place to be. Nevertheless, he was there. His actual job was a secret spy on Earth, but he had never ventured to actually go there until then. I of course, felt devasted.

I was ready to lock myself up forever, because one, my husband was gone, and two, they had stopped futher contact with Earth. But then I was told that I was forced to go there. They said if I didn't they would kill me and my children, a very hefty price. My mission was to finish my husband's job of gathering information. My own personal mission, was to find him.

So I went through years of training, until I got that call. It wasn't easy either, learning how to work on spacecraft, dealing with humans, mind games, and everything related to Earth including our history there. Then I got the phone call.

ReactionShot

I got the phone call saying "You are to venture to Earth in two day's time in Earth time. If you do not go you and your family will be terminated, Thank you. Remember if you fail to complete this mission, your entire family will be terminated."

I was suprised and horrified. It was going to be hard to complete my mission, but I had to do it. I don't think I could of gathered up the courage to pack until I thought of my dearest husband, Azul. Hopefully, if not for me for the children, he would still be alive. But I had other things on my mind. This was the last time I would be able to see my children for a long time, and I HAD to complete this mission. If I didn't, let's just not think about that.

BodyShot

I gave my kids one last hug and kiss before leaving them with Alien Inc. I didn't dare look back, for fear of losing my gusto and courage, but I heard them whimper as I held my head and walked out of sight.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:44 AM
Tell me if I need to change something in my app? Kay?
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:57 AM
It's perfectly fine, Whatwedobest. . I shall add you to the contestant list.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:08 AM
Default Application

Adamma Caldwell
Planet: Zawhyeth
512 years old (and still young!!)
Ever since I was little I have dreamed of going to another planet and see if they live like us. I was never like all of my peers. I got hurt when I was little and got a burn on my face. I think that it makes me look beautiful now, but before I hated it. I became a model when I was 300 years old.When I was 500 I decide that instead of using my beauty for money I would use my brain. I became an astronaut and I hope that one day I will get to follow my dream and go to another planet.

Head Shot

In order for us to be known we must take a head shot to be put on our name tags.
Body Shot

This shot was me standing in a building that was way up into the sky with a see through floor.
World

My planet is really dark in this picture.

Reaction

I was so surprised when I found out that I am the only hope to explore another planet. I was scared but excited.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:57 AM
I have added your entry to the initial post, Happyasabunny.

We need at least six more applicants now, so I hope we recieve those soon. A bit more interest seems to have generated, which is encouraging!
Instructor
#32 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:00 AM Last edited by Aya_Alexa : 30th May 2009 at 10:48 AM.
can i still join? its my first contests so it might not be good, and i won't have a great story like you guys but i like to have a try. question, what is the mission exactly? or do we have to make are own story of the mission?
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
can i still join? its my first contests so it might not be good, and i won't have a great story like you guys but i like to have a try. question, what is the mission exactly? or do we have to make are own story of the mission?

Of course you can join. The basic mission is outlined in the initial post - going to Earth and scoping it out as the potential new planet for your alien civilisation. What's required exactly will be detailed in the subsequent Steps, but from there it's completely up to your own imaginations as to how things are carried out.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:16 PM
How long do you expect rounds to be, TRIriana? I'll be out of town from Friday the 12th to Monday the 15th, but I've already begun my application, and I'd like to participate if I can.

Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:42 PM
These are the dates that I'm going to be updating on the initial page in just a moment:

Quote:
Application: 25th to 1st (May be extended to the 3rd)

Step I: 1st to 5th Judging: 5th to 7th

Step II: 7th to 11th Judging: 11th to 13th

Step III: 13th to 17th Judging: 17th to 19th

Step IV: 19th to 23rd Judging: 23rd to 25th

So Round II will end the day before you're heading out of town and there would be two days left of Round III when you get back. There won't be eliminations during the contest anyway, so that should provide a little leeway if it's needed.
Instructor
#36 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:48 PM
uhmm... another question. is costume content allowed?
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:54 PM
Great! Thanks for the info. You should see my app sometime today.

Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th May 2009 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
uhmm... another question. is costume content allowed?

As long as they're aliens, anything is allowed. .
Field Researcher
#39 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:29 AM
Hmmm,,, TRIriana, you must have done a good job with this contest; cuz I kinda want to join instead of judge.

Would that be ok?
Instructor
#40 Old 31st May 2009 at 5:45 AM
Alien Name: Mahin-ru Elk
Alien Age: 3 thousand earth years, 16 eso-Trinian years.
Alien Planet: Tho'eso-Tri'ton
Planet:

Tho'eso-Tri'ton or The Freezing Land also called "MOTHER" by our Elders is a planet made mainly of water and Ice. our planet also has a few islands but are forbidden to go to, it is said to have many un-imaginable creatures. Our planet is being kept alive by "The X", it is said to be the full supporter of our planet, without it our planet will die, The X is inside a big blue orb that is in the center of our planet, the Orb is called Euro-Que'Remestu or Lifeforce. Our planet have three stars that is said to support Euro-Que'Remestu, without it's light Euro-Que'Remestu will go black killing X and our planet. Our planet is protected by a special force called "Rei-X" or "Thy Protectors" they are soldiers who swear to protect our planet with their lives. also a barrier covers our planet for protection against enemies.

HeadShot

Background: something about me huh, hmm... my name is Aexa'mahin-Koebru Aeoetathu Elk, daughter of Doy'Zaex-Qisp Elk 4th leader of our planet. we are one of the most powerful families of our planet. we live in floating islands were cities are located, we have twelve Islands which supports two cities, in this Cities there are two appointed leaders who protects and rule it. one of the Leaders is my father the 4th Quemera of the council. for generations the Elk family has been in Politics, always in the top five Quemera seats and never lower than that. My mother Sue-we'Ek chu'whie Elk is also in position, she is one of the "Angels" a protecting program only appointed to women, they are the only one who can enter Euro-Que'Remestu. never know what they do, it is said that they are apointed since birth by "The X" having white transparent birthmarks in them. living with a very busy and powerful family was hard for me. going to council hearings, having parties 5 times a week, needing to dress very royal even if your only inside your house and not even the chance to know or bond with your family. since i was born i never had a chance to have fun with my Parents, or have a complete family dinner with them, its mostly only me, my sister and my brother. My siblings are the one who took care of me when i was little, i grew really close to them, they were like the parents i never had, but then when i was four my brother decided to move out and join the force, since then i never saw him in the house again. at the age of 5 it was only me and my sister, we grew really close but then again she moved out, she was accepted at the institute of technology which was in the other island. i was left alone in the house without no one. my childhood days wasn't really that happy, as i grow up i grew really silent, shy and doesn't really care about anything anymore. i always sat in the corner playing my violin or just stare out the window of my room looking at that big blue orb at the center of our planet. many guys also tried to get my attention and my heart, but i guess my heart is locked in me and never knew were the key was. i didn't open my self to people i was always alone in my little world that i didn't have time and didn't have the attention for people, but when i turned 15 i felt something i didn't felt before, my locked heart wa then free. i fall in love with the son of the 2nd leader, he was 4 years older than me and he was in the force. we really loved each other but i guess we were not meant for each other. on a mission his ship was hit by a meteor and was never found. after that incident i again locked my self up and promised not to do the same mistake again. i was always the obedient child, always saying yes pa and yes ma when they needed me. do what they ask me and didn't really care, i was also the neglected child, and yes sometimes i wanted attention but sometimes i just tell my self why bother trying to get their attention, but i always think what to do to get their attention. i guess im really tired being only me, or im just jealous of my siblings who really succeeded in life. my brother Domino was elected Muero, second highest rank in the force. and my sister Die-lani married the first son of the 1st leader of our planet. i then though what about me, what can i accomplish, what can make my parents proud of me? but i really didn't know what to do. Then one night my father accompanied by 2 council members came to the house and went straight to my room, the two leaders stood infront of my door and father came closer to me, i really didn't know what was going on, then he said that im on a mission to go to earth.

Reaction Shot

There was silence for a while, then i got a little confused, i then bowed my head and closed my eyes tight. i was really shocked but i couldn't give the reaction, i felt scared too but after a while i though maybe this is it. maybe this is a way i could be like my siblings, i could make them proud. i then held my head up and looked at them, "i will do it" i said and gulped hard but i gave them a smile. as they leaved my heart started pumping hard, i really don't know what to do, i was scared but excited, happy but sad. then i overheard three of them. my father arguing why me why not others, then the other leader said because im a half something and that i can handle the earths atmosphere. then one of the leaders looked in my direction i got really scared and closed the door.

BodyShot

i then walked towards my window and looked out, wondering what will happen to me. i got really nervous but there was nothing i can do, i already agreed and i can't back out. i looked at the sky and hoped for the best.
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jj1010
Hmmm,,, TRIriana, you must have done a good job with this contest; cuz I kinda want to join instead of judge.

Would that be ok?

That would be fine, .
Field Researcher
#42 Old 31st May 2009 at 5:32 PM Last edited by jj1010 : 1st Jun 2009 at 3:28 PM.
| Headshot |

Name:

Aya Andromeda

25, In human years.

Planet:

Escuro

| Home Sweet Home |

Biography:
Storytime, huh? Well, were to start... I was born and raised in Blu, a small city on the Planet of Escuro. My mother died during my birth, and I was raised by my dad, Blake -- a former war hero. Me and my dad never really had a tight bond-- or really a bond at all. He was mean to mean, excessively strict, and generally wanted nothing to do with me.
I never did figure out why he hated me so much, I was a good kid. I got good grades, barely got in trouble with teachers, never broke rules. Back in school, I was I guess you could say--the popular kid. Through elementary school, all the way through high school. I finished school with amazing grades and had dreams to become a model. Silly, I know. I probably could've become one to. That would be if it weren't for my dad.
Aparrently he had bigger plans for me. My dad-- the war hero, wouldn't have any child of his becoming a model. No, he refused to let me leave until I saw his way. He wanted me to become the best soldier on Escuro, just like he was. He tortured and abused me, for two years, trying to turn me into a merciless killing machine.
And succeded.
After he believed I was finally ready, he admitted me to the Escuro Military, where I fought for four years, killing, stealing, being promoted through the ranks and in the end finally reaching the top. Thats when they came for me.
After all those years I hadn't realized that Escuro was slowly--but surely-- dying. All our natural resources were slowing draining, depleting. We had but a few years left, 'till our planet would run dry. . . After those four years of working for the military, a man came for me. He told me he was from Aliens Inc. and told me of Escuro's troubles. He informed me that I was our last hope for survival. I had to fly to Earth, and confirm it was a suitable replacement for Escuro. I was the person most qualified for this mission.

| Bodyshot |

| Reaction |

Well I guess you could say I took this news.... badly. My first reaction was denial, but that quickly faded as I truly absorbed everything the man said. Then ... anger. Why me! I never asked for this! For any of this! I didn't want to become a soldier, that was my dad's wishes. It was too much pressure, knowing the fate of an ENTIRE planet rested in my hands! That if I failed, my whole world would suffer. The anger--like the denial-- slowly faded. I realized I was the only one qualified, and maybe it would be interesting. The next emotion were fear-- which was an akward emotion for me, as I hadn't felt fear in a long time. And the final emotion would have to be:

Excitement.
Scholar
#43 Old 31st May 2009 at 9:51 PM
Because you need more contestants, and because I like contests, I think that I will join this contest. It looks pretty fun, and all the entries everyone has submitted thus far are really great!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:06 PM
Thanks, TRIriana, and sorry. And might I add:

Wow.

I don't think I've never had so much fun with a contest entry.
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:07 PM
Excellent! I look forward to seeing it. XD

Thanks JJ. :D.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:46 PM
No prob. You did a really great job with this contest.
Scholar
#47 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:19 AM
Default clw8 - application
Application
----
----
Name: Bailyn Gem
Planet: Solarojo
Background: Bailyn Gem was born into one of the finest alien families on planet Solarojo. Throughout her childhood she was taught everything one could possibly teach, and she learned most of all of it. Bailyn is an asset to her alien society, and thus has been kept under lock and key for some time now. However, with recent inteligence, this is all about to change . . .

Solarojo . . . {{red sun?!}}
-"I am from planet Solarojo. The temperature is somewhat mild, even though it appears to be scorching hot. Solarojo is THE best planet in the universe, and I would choose to live no where else."

Head Shot
-"Just me, Bailyn. I guess I'm pretty normal for a 26 year old (earth year) alien. I wouldn't know. . .I don't get out much; I don't get out . . . ever."

Body Shot
-"This is my planets normal attire. If you are caught wearing much else, then you are no better than a silly earthling. . . "

Reaction
-"OMG! I get to get out of my freackin' chamber?! I can't believe it... are you kiddin' me? You're jokin...right?"

As I've said....Bailyn never got out much, never has. We hope she performs her mission to the fullest.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:21 PM
Your application is funny, They all look so cool so far! Thank you for joining. :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:18 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:46 PM.

As...succinct as S'lith was, perhaps I should add a little more detail. He was right that a minimum of 4 and maximum of 5 photographs are needed but he refrained from explaining that these photographs need to be split into two parts:

Preparation: 2 photographs - other aliens may be in these shots.
Arrival: 2 photographs - these shots must centre on your alien. There may be Humans in the background, however any Humans must not see your alien at this stage. Your alien can be taken just getting out of their ship, starting to explore...anything!

Note: If you choose to take 5 photographs, the extra one can be added to either Preparation or Arrivel - that part is up to you!

As the esteemed Commander pointed out, you will be able to choose from a collection of territories to land in. Only one person is allowed per territory, so be quick to reserve the area that you would like!

Territories
Desert - Moonstream27
Ice Scape
Island - Clw8
Mountains - Whatwedobest
Forest - Aya Alexa
National Park
City - JJ1010
Holiday Resort - Ktbcca
Village - Sims2controlfrk
Museum

So carried away was Mr. Pompous up there that he didn't explain anything about Writing Requirements, so here you go:

6 lines per picture. You can write in first-person, past tense, etc, whichever you feel more comfortable with.

All deadline dates are on the initial post of the Contest Thread, and will end at 10pm GMT.
Instructor
#50 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
uh what do you mean by the landing territories? yeah i know stupid question? anyway i choose Forest.

Page 2 of 8