Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiki50
Never edited a file before.
I have downloaded the file and placed it in my Mods Folder, I also created a new folder and named it unpackedmod.
Now, I also have a file called: resource.cfg DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
Is the above correct? Or should I have opened the resource.cfg and placed the words DirectoryFiles unpacedmod autoupdate at the end of what is in the file?
This is in the file (Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package)

Thanks!

Yes, you should write "DirectoryFiles unpacedmod autoupdate" after those PackedFile lines IN your resource.cfg. Do not change the name of the resource.cfg file.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
I had not experienced have any disappearances beforehand, but still....better safe than sorry. So far my 8 (now 9) households have remained complete.
Ditto. I'm a slow player
So EA did the same fail as in Sims 3, deleting random sims left & right. Meh, not surprised at all Thank you MasterDinadan, my sims are safe thanks to you.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:39 PM
How do you now if any households in the neighborhood have disappeared? I don't play premades, i have no idea where they're supposed to be, so i wouldn't notice if they were missing ._. I play 1 custom household, but i'd like to know if something shady went down already so i can backup my own sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
How do you now if any households in the neighborhood have disappeared? I don't play premades, i have no idea where they're supposed to be, so i wouldn't notice if they were missing ._. I play 1 custom household, but i'd like to know if something shady went down already so i can backup my own sims.
From what I read, the biggest sign of disappearing sims is in the manage worlds => World map => Manage households. That page supposedly will still list all the families but their picture will be empty, because the sims are missing. Another user even posted a picture of her 'unplayed sim' tab totally empty. I checked all my tabs and they seem filled to the brim so yeah, they're not supposed to be empty at all.

There's still the case of unrelated townies being deleted by the second function tho, crossing my fingers that this one be nuked too. I don't want my sims to lose their friends/lovers/nemesis.
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:59 AM
I lost the family I had been playing since I got the game Loaded the save game(correct date and everything) and they where suddenly back to the beginning in an unfurnished house and no kids...
Mad Poster
#56 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
That's basically it. Every time Sims get married or have a baby for the first time, everyone they are related to gets one (or more) steps closer to being deleted. (Additional babies after the first aren't really a threat, unless those babies eventually grow up to do things like get married and have babies, in which case the family is pretty doomed!)

This is so disturbing. Thanks for looking into it.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rainy_Day
I lost the family I had been playing since I got the game Loaded the save game(correct date and everything) and they where suddenly back to the beginning in an unfurnished house and no kids...

Not sure if someone already shared this, but there's a way to find a more recent backup: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-back-your-save it worked for me!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
That's basically it. Every time Sims get married or have a baby for the first time, everyone they are related to gets one (or more) steps closer to being deleted. (Additional babies after the first aren't really a threat, unless those babies eventually grow up to do things like get married and have babies, in which case the family is pretty doomed!)

EA has no respect for players. First thing, they ought to have a much higher population cap than the 180 range. It should be something akin to 10,000. I have 6,000 Sims on my TS2 Mega hood. I do imagine and hope they would up the limit with each added town and expansion pack. Thank you for the mod and I hope it fixes my game. I had my Sansa Stark Sim disappear last night while I was playing the Lannisters. I'd rather the useless, ugly townies get removed than my Sims. I hope your mod has fixed this. I had to put her back in from my library and manually re edit all her ties to people.
Test Subject
#59 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aninhas103
Not sure if someone already shared this, but there's a way to find a more recent backup: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-back-your-save it worked for me!

I've already tried that and it didn't work. Thanks though.
Test Subject
#60 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:51 AM
I've been victim of this bug many times as I am trying to create generations of my own neighbourhood families.

First I lost my main sim's supposed boyfriend to this bug. Then his brother and nephew this morning. Also his son's boyfriend's brother sucked into nothingness by this bug.

While it sucks to lose sims I've played/planned, it is kinda feels like real life, things happen and people you know are no more. There are less reasons to die on Sims 4 anyway.

It would be nice to have a fix tho'.

I don't know if it is related or not so don't want to lead anyone into wild goose chase but I think from my memory all the missing sims had red plumbobs last I've seen them.
Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:43 AM
I have had this happen to me no matter what settings I use.
Someone though mentioned to me a way around it.
When saving the game, click "Save as" then label it with the family you are playing with. So what happens is that yeah theyll keep disappearing, but if you save all of your families differently like this way then it won't matter. It means that like the neighborhood isn't so much a neighborhood and my boyfriend can play without really messing my game up at all.
I dont know if I like it better this way.
I dont know yet.
I think no because I don't like sharing my game with him regardless,and now i dont have an excuse not to. LOL
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:47 AM
Also, Im really glad you guys are talking about this.
All the other sim groups I'm in have told me I was making this up and I was either just crazy or stupid.
Now I see I am definitely not the only one.................
Page 3 of 3