Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:40 PM Last edited by Charmful : 6th Aug 2023 at 12:43 AM.
Default Started Making Sim Play Vids
Hello!

I made another sim video showcasing a 4 part boardwalk build I made earlier this year if anyone is interested in checking it out. Video is called Day at the Boardwalk

Here's some of the CC I make note of for anyone curious after watching:

I also have some other sim vids on my channel:

Eco Friendly Modern Home - I made this video of how I used one of the houses @Triciamanly created. - Eco Friendly Modern Home download

Louis Family Fires - Follows the Louis family's day and there's like 3 random fires that happen out of nowhere. I made this video for a friend whose family I based the Louis's on.

Right now there's not really any structure, but if anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate any feedback of what I could do to make viewing experiences more enjoyable!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
It may be helpful to write a script for the narrator and add the narration after the recording. That way, there are no uhs and ahs. In the script, you may want to add cues for the manner by which you narrate the story, and vary your voice so you don't speak in a near-monotone.

Introduce your characters. What are they like? How do they usually interact with others? What are their biggest dreams? What are their secret fears? You may want to get to know your Sims by playing without the video camera turned on. Then when you are ready, begin recording as you play. Keep in mind of the characters' perspectives, as you become engrossed in the plot.

I will definitely keep that in mind for the plays I do focusing on the sims themselves! So far it's only really showcasing the lots/builds and then every so often following the wandering sim and interpret what they are doing.

Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I will definitely keep that in mind for the plays I do focusing on the sims themselves! So far it's only really showcasing the lots/builds and then every so often following the wandering sim and interpret what they are doing.

Im going to learn from this
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:59 AM
Nice videos! I enjoyed the commentary as well, the presentation of the old couple in the eco-friendly house is very endearing, with their memories, their children and those crafted items, and the dog^^
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 9:30 PM
So I added another video to my channel which is FULLY CLOSED CAPTIONED, which if you have never done it takes a lot of work and I hope it was worth it. At least I tried to make it humorous.

It's a sequel to the Louis Family Fires videos linked in the original post. This new one is Louis Family Dance Party