Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:25 PM.
Default What did you do with the Polgannon characters?
In my opinion, every custom inhabited neighborhoods should get a thread like this, Polgannon also deserves this thread. Maxon's Polgannon is available for download here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=562803

And because it seems that I'm not the only simmer who likes these threads, here we go!

I haven't got time to play in Polgannon but I'm looking forward to.
The characters look good and interesting to play.

I hope you will also post your stories and adventures of your Polgannon neighborhood.
I'm sure everyone will play the sims differently.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:33 PM
Polgannon is out??!!!
I have been secretly watching over the topic but I haven't done that in a while.. must download it :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:46 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Aug 2015 at 8:33 PM.
Ah-hah. Oh good. I'm going to enjoy this.

Edit - I attach here again the proforma of the file I used to sort out the evidence just in case someone needs it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CrossCheck_Evidence&Motives_SolversVersion.rar (18.2 KB, 223 downloads) - View custom content

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:49 PM
I started playing this last night. I only opened each family to read the bios. I'm excited to see where this neighborhood is going to go.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 9:45 PM
Nothing "In-Game" but I did start a extra documents folder for it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:13 AM
Well I have only played the Alpha hood so far as a tester, but I went around and read everything and played a few days at each house. I guess once I install the finished version I will do the same as I really want to work out who the killer is. I have a few suspicions but there are just so many people with motive. Plus I doubt it is that obvious.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM Last edited by MileyTheSimmer : 24th Aug 2015 at 1:13 PM. Reason: added a pic
Oh god, this neighborhood is complicated. REALLY complicated.
I also made a huge mistake by rushing things.

Notes for me (also to help you :p) This is only mystery solving related, I'm not forcing you to solve the mystery
1. Do not move in a sim unless you are done reading the family album story of your current sim
2. Do not rush things or you will find yourself doing things very unrelated to the actual mystery solving
3. Make sure you have a calculator of some sort so you can calculate the times found in the family album story
4. Make sure you also download the attachment maxon put
5. Play the neighborhood in rotation and make an alarm that goes off every 20 minutes (for example) to not over-play the household and feel like you're playing a normal sim you just made.. that's simply not the point!

Yeah hope this helped. Oops if it didn't I probably wasted your time with these useless notes..
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
Oh god, this neighborhood is complicated. REALLY complicated.
I also made a huge mistake by rushing things.

Well, you can always load a fresh copy. I like your rules - if you are going to solve the mystery I think you need to be organised BUT - I've said it several times - PLEASE don't think I am dictating the way you should play this. If you simply want to play it for fun, for heaven's sake do so. I hope the characters stand up to ordinary story/character gameplay.

Edit - aww, I see Ruan is enjoying himself.

Did I leave that coakhook there?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, you can always load a fresh copy. I like your rules - if you are going to solve the mystery I think you need to be organised BUT - I've said it several times - PLEASE don't think I am dictating the way you should play this. If you simply want to play it for fun, for heaven's sake do so. I hope the characters stand up to ordinary story/character gameplay.

Edit - aww, I see Ruan is enjoying himself.

Did I leave that coakhook there?

No, it's a modded coat hook that I put because I wanted to buy a new outfit for Margaret
By the way, I AM playing to solve the mystery, I'm challenging myself basically.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:23 PM
No, it's a modded coat hook that I put because I wanted to buy a new outfit for Margaret
By the way, I AM playing to solve the mystery, I'm challenging myself basically.

Well, that's a relief because I did make use of the coathook. I find myself living in dread of errors being found. I already know I forgot to include the description for the Golf Club.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:24 PM Last edited by MileyTheSimmer : 24th Aug 2015 at 1:28 PM. Reason: image
Well, that's a relief because I did make use of the coathook. I find myself living in dread of errors being found. I already know I forgot to include the description for the Golf Club.
This is a bit unrelated but you changing your profile picture is a miracle

Edit: I ship Ruan and Margaret already! Good job maxon
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:53 PM
Well I see they got busy quickly enough <boggles at preggers Margaret>.

Scholar
#16 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:33 PM Last edited by DizzyBoo : 24th Aug 2015 at 7:46 PM.
Well, I've kinda played it a bit. I read all the bios and thoughts. And I see some interesting things here. I'm a very fast player.

spoiler is spoiler so click if you want

The cop's wife has started showing. And finished her novel. Question, when you write a novel you can read it in the bookcase, right? I can't find her novel...

Cottlesoe ran away and the Report Pet Missing interaction isn't working!

I have attached Acedemie' Le Tour and a downtown, as well as all vacation 'hoods. I need to build a shopping district...

And that's it. I found maybe two objects that are oddly placed...

I can't figure it out

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 5:30 PM Last edited by MileyTheSimmer : 24th Aug 2015 at 10:49 PM.
Well I see they got busy quickly enough <boggles at preggers Margaret>.

Well, to be fair, it only took me about 2 interactions so they can be able to use romantic interactions

Thank you marka for making me remember how to make spoilers again

Scholar
#19 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 7:21 PM
@PlatinumPlumbbob: Oh, yeah I forgot lol been a while since I wrote one thanks! And yes! I agree Abbie is looking mighty fishy since she found the body with Rozan (Rowzan?) Sorry

^ I never noticed that guy lol

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 7:29 PM
All of you should use the Spoiler tags like this [spoiler]text here [/spoiler ] (Need to remove the space between the last r and ] to work.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#21 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 8:35 AM
So far I've looked into every family and noted down the clues in their bios, memories and photo albums, then filled in the Cross Check Spreadsheet. I've made a few plans for what I'm going to do with the households (Ruan and Margaret are going to team up over dinner to put their clues together and find the killer), but I'm still stumped on who the killer actually is. Funny enough, ignoring children and pets I have found exactly four residents without a motive for killing Blaise, and two of them might still have one. That guy had it coming.

I've uncovered all the minor secrets so far (I think) and unfortunately those remove most of the fake alibis from suspicion. Here's what I have left (spoilers, obviously, read at your own risk).

Anyway, that's the conclusions I made so far. I have a prime suspect, but no evidence on him. I'll go look over the lots again I guess... Kind of need to solve the mystery for the plot to continue.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 11:18 AM
@Ovenhole - you can PM me with your conclusions at any time though I will only respond to:

Name
Evidence (needs to be fairly complete)
Motive

Wild mass guessing will get you nowhere.

Forum Resident
#23 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 11:48 AM
I know, but I still need to find more evidence :-(
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 1:16 PM Last edited by MileyTheSimmer : 25th Aug 2015 at 7:24 PM.
Interesting notes.
For some reason I suspect Carrow, he has a motive but this is just a wild guess with no evidence to support it yet..
I should play Polgannon again but I'm a bit busy at the moment

The real killer
Scholar
#25 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 8:39 PM
The real killer

I love you

Page 1 of 16