Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 7:21 PM
Default Ability to change lifetime want
So I'm aware that I can change a sims' lifetime wish using cheats and mods, but is it possible to change a sims' lifetime want with mods or cheats? I like the idea of being able to manually change their want, but the only way I know of right now is to keep resetting their lifetime wish until I find one I like which can be a pain.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 9:58 PM
*is confused* What is a lifetime wish compared to a lifetime want?

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 10:27 PM
I've read on one of the polish forum that you can do that through simpe... I hope that there's a guide somewhere on MTS, because most of the polish people take guides from here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
*is confused* What is a lifetime wish compared to a lifetime want?

Confusing I know, but basically, the lifetime wish is e.g. Romance, Family etc. and their lifetime want is basically their life goal. So for example, a Knowledge aspiration sim could get the want to reach the top of the education career. The want/goal is what I'd like to change.

Quote: Originally posted by highbythebevch
I've read on one of the polish forum that you can do that through simpe... I hope that there's a guide somewhere on MTS, because most of the polish people take guides from here

I'll look into it using SimPE then, thanks! I hope there's a guide on MTS somewhere too.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 11:08 PM
You can reroll a sim's lifetime want using The Sim Blender :-)

I've never heard a sim's aspiration referred to as a "lifetime wish" before! Is that a direct translation from what it's called in another language, perhaps? Normally I've just seen it referred to (in English) as a sim's aspiration, or primary aspiration (as with the FreeTime expansion pack sims can also have a secondary aspiration, so, for example, a sim could be Knowledge/Romance with a lifetime want of maximising all skills).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 11:14 PM
If you want to avoid hacks or extra-game utilities (SimPE), you can do it with in game items such as the potion (which I think you can buy from the gypsy though don't quote me on that) or the ReNuU Orb.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86

I've never heard a sim's aspiration referred to as a "lifetime wish" before! Is that a direct translation from what it's called in another language, perhaps? Normally I've just seen it referred to (in English) as a sim's aspiration, or primary aspiration (as with the FreeTime expansion pack sims can also have a secondary aspiration, so, for example, a sim could be Knowledge/Romance with a lifetime want of maximising all skills).

The OP may also be confusing the Sims 2 Lifetime Want with the Sims 3 lifetime Wish. A Sims 2 Knowledge Sim may have the Lifetime Want of maxing all skills, where as in the Sims 3 a Sim with the Savvy Sculptor trait may have the Lifetime Wish of being Descendant of Da Vinci (Max the painting, sculpting and inventing skills.)
Theorist
#8 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 11:30 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 29th Jan 2016 at 11:46 PM.
I get it now. What you're callin a lifetime wish is their aspiration that's assigned when you create them in CAS or they age up to teen. The lifetime want is what gets assigned to them by the game.

I'm not sure if there is a mod that does this, but you can do it with SimPe.
PLEASE NOTE - If you are not familiar with SimPE or the inner workings I would not suggest messing with this unless you don't mind muckin things up a few times and startin over. I'm not sayin you will mess things up, but that possibility is always there. Which is why I strongly advise backing up your hood before you go messing around with this.

Open SimPE Open your hood
Find the Sim whose LTW you wish you change and Open
Click on more and then open Wants & Fears
In the tall box on the left side select the LTW tab
You box on the right has grayed out info. Click on the LTW that is shown and it will now allow you to use the info on the right.

To find the LTW you wish to have you'll need to know which EP it's in and locate it under that EP WANT.
EP1
- Become Criminal Mastermind
- Become Mayor
- Become Business Tycoon
- Become Professional Party Guest
- Become Mad Scientist
- Become Chief of Staff
- Become General
- Become Hall of Fame
- Become Captain Hero
- Become Celebrity Chef
- Earn X Money
- Graduate X Children from College
- Have X number of Grandchildren
- Have X number of Simultaneous Best Friends
- Have X number of Simultaneous Lovers
- Marry off X number of Children
- Max out X number of Skills
- Reach Golden Anniversary
- Woohoo with X number of Different Sims

EP2
- Eat X number of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Have X number of 1st Dates
- Have X number of Dream Dates

EP3
- Own X number of Top-Level Businesses

EP4
- Have X number of Pets reach Top Career
- Have X number of Simultaneous Pet Best Friends
- Raise X number of Puppies or Kittens

EP5
- Reach Top of Music Career
- Reach Top of Adventure Career
- Reach Top of Gamer Career
- Reach Top of Journalism Career
- Reach Top of Law Career

EP7
- Become a Prestidigitator
- Become City Planner
- Become Hand of Poseidon
- Become head of SCIA
- Become World Class Ballet Dancer

Click on the WANT you want. You should see that the icon on the left has now changed to the one you just choose. To keep it set you will need to click on the blue commit at the bottom right.

PLEASE NOTE! You can NOT undo once you do without going to your back up. So be very sure that when you do this, it is what you want.

This is only a guide. Use it wisely and at your own discretion. No whining I broke your game :D
Instructor
#9 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 5:20 AM

In the Dutch Sims 2 it's called "levenswens", wens = wish, leven = life (but based on your username I would say you speak Dutch ).

You can also reroll the lifetime want with the inSimenator. The inSimenator is not supported anymore, but it works fine in my game (all SPs and EPs installed).
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
In the Dutch Sims 2 it's called "levenswens", wens = wish, leven = life (but based on your username I would say you speak Dutch ).

I do indeed speak Dutch :-D I've always played the game in English, though, because I am English. I lived in the Netherlands for 9 years as a child/teenager, but I moved back to the UK 11 1/2 years ago. I'd never really thought about what different TS2 things would be called in Dutch, so that's interesting, thank you! :-D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 6:09 PM
Sorry about all of the confusion. I am English, so I must be getting the terms mixed up with TS2 and TS3 (even though I haven't touched TS3 in a while).

The whole SimPE thing seems a bit confusing but I might give it a go sometime, it's not THAT big of a deal, I can just reset their aspiration. So yeah, when I said lifetime wish, I meant lifetime aspiration, and when I said lifetime want, well.. I meant lifetime want. At least, that's what it's called when you hover over their aspiration meter. I have The Sim Blender and that's the first thing I looked at when wanting to change their lifetime want, but I can't seem to find that option unless you meant their aspiration. Thanks for all the advice though, guys!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Beccurr
I have The Sim Blender and that's the first thing I looked at when wanting to change their lifetime want, but I can't seem to find that option unless you meant their aspiration. Thanks for all the advice though, guys!

It's under the Wants menu, I think. The options are to either Reroll (the game randomly picks one out of the ones that are available to the sim) or Cycle (keep selecting this to go through all of the available lifetime wants) LTW. It's definitely there, I used to use it all the time! I got the Sim Blender from here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 9:14 PM Last edited by Beccurr : 30th Jan 2016 at 9:32 PM.
It's under the Wants menu, I think. The options are to either Reroll (the game randomly picks one out of the ones that are available to the sim) or Cycle (keep selecting this to go through all of the available lifetime wants) LTW. It's definitely there, I used to use it all the time! I got the Sim Blender from here.

Oh, right! I'm about to hop in game now so I'll check it out, thanks!

Update: It works! Perfect! Don't know how I missed that, Sim Blender is always my first go-to for anything. Thank you!