Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:58 AM
Default Strange Wants
My sim is telling me right now that she wants to 'drink' another sim on the lot. She just found out that he was cheating on her with another girl, so maybe this has something to do with that. I've never seen that want before, and was wondering if anyone knew what it meant. And if you have run into wants that are strange too, maybe one of us can explain that one as well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:05 AM
If a cowplant eats a sim, it produces milk which transfers the lifeforce of that sim to whoever drinks it, much like Elixir of Life. Once you know that, this want is self-explanatory.

The first time I saw it, I didn't read the text, just saw the glass, and thought it was a want to throw a drink at the object of the want.

BTW, just FYI, as you're new here - there is a thread called Stupid/Random Questions specifically for quick questions with simple informational answers that shouldn't need a whole new thread to resolve. It makes fascinating reading.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:06 AM
That means the Sim wants the cheating Sim to be eaten by the Cowplant and then milk the cowplant and then "drink" the Sim/Sim milk from cowplant. So in a way the Sim is angry enough to to want the other Sim dead, by way of being eaten by the cowplant.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:19 AM
Well, I didn't realize the answer was so simple.

I've never made a cowplant before. Isn't that one of the career rewards? Still haven't figured out how to get those. Plus, my sim is at the University and doesn't have a career. Sims are so silly.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:25 AM
Its a career reward for the Natural Science career.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AJV2688
Isn't that one of the career rewards? Still haven't figured out how to get those.

To get the career rewards, you need to reach level 6 of the appropriate career. If you are experiencing a "Veruka" moment, you can enter "UnlockCareerRewards" without the quotes in the cheat box. (It also doesn't need the capitals, those are just for legibility.)

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:51 AM
Or, since she's at University - make friends with three sims in black blazers with llamas on them. Find out what happens!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Or, since she's at University - make friends with three sims in black blazers with llamas on them. Find out what happens!

I think only the Landgraab Society (of Sim State University) has a Cowplant, not the other Secret Societies. But yeah, there's nothing to stop you from yoinking that Cowplant and stuffing it into your Inventory. The Society won't miss it much.

I've gotten so much money and stuff from the Landgraab Society. Why do they even bother to welcome new members? We're driving them broke!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
I think only the Landgraab Society (of Sim State University) has a Cowplant, not the other Secret Societies. But yeah, there's nothing to stop you from yoinking that Cowplant and stuffing it into your Inventory. The Society won't miss it much.
I just checked. They all have a Cowplant and Resurrect-o-Nomitron.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 2:19 AM
My sim is telling me right now that she wants to 'drink' another sim on the lot. She just found out that he was cheating on her with another girl, so maybe this has something to do with that.

Yes, it's related. It's a "nice" way of sayings she wants him dead.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:06 AM
Drinking Sims is the perfect way to get rid of enemies. You get something beneficial from their death too! Now if only I could "drink" some of my enemies away and get some extra years to live...
Inventor
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amberland
Yes, it's related. It's a "nice" way of sayings she wants him dead.

Sims sometimes roll a "See Ghost of [Sim]" Want too. Same thing. Every time some burglar breaks into someone's house, or every time a wish for friends at the Wishing Well goes wrong, someone ends up wanting someone else dead.

Sims can be some vicious creatures like that.

Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Drinking Sims is the perfect way to get rid of enemies. You get something beneficial from their death too! Now if only I could "drink" some of my enemies away and get some extra years to live...

Try the Amazon Basin. There's all kinds of exotic plant life down there! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:07 PM
Thank you for the answers, everyone!
He isn't a sim I want to kill, so I'm going to have to try this on another sim. First I have to find out which careers are level 6. I can never tell which level they are at, or how much longer they have to go to get to the top. It's a little annoying that the sims in 2 always want to have the top career.
The 'see ghost of' want is easier. At least in 3. But in 2, I had my sim propose for their enemy to move in so that I could kill them, and they would see the ghost. Of course, by the time that all happened, they were best friends, and she was mourning her death.
Scholar
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:13 PM
Level Numbers Added To Job Titles (a lifesafer for some of my games where I limit how high up the career paths some sims can get).

Also, no one said the sim had to stay dead. If you really want: cowplant your boyfriend's sim, call up the grim reaper (ressurect-o-nomitron, paranormal career reward), pay $10,000 (just to guarantee he'll come back right) and all is normal with the world. Just be aware that a ressurected sim will join the household of whoever ressurects them, and don't pay too little. This Wikia page on the ressurect-o-nomitron has some more details.
Theorist
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:26 PM
Well, I didn't realize the answer was so simple.

I've never made a cowplant before. Isn't that one of the career rewards? Still haven't figured out how to get those. Plus, my sim is at the University and doesn't have a career. Sims are so silly.

If you don't want to wait until the reward is unlocked via the job, or by entering the 'unlock rewards' cheat, Sophie-David made the aspiration and career rewards buyable. Just be sure and read the installation instructions carefully, should you choose to go this route.

I use it, and love just having everything available, as my Sims tend to work in custom careers and I also don't use their aspiration points on anything (just not my thing).

Here's the link http://modthesims.info/d/374017

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Inventor
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:05 PM
The 'see ghost of' want is easier. At least in 3. But in 2, I had my sim propose for their enemy to move in so that I could kill them, and they would see the ghost. Of course, by the time that all happened, they were best friends, and she was mourning her death.

Yeah, that's the problem that I've had to face here. "At last! Your crime spree is at an end, Jessica Ebadi! Now that you're a vampire, Carmilla can lure you out to the greenhouse, she'll call you over and the moment you're inside, she's locking the door against everyone, and then she's teleporting out! If the Cowplant doesn't get you, the sunlight will! But wait, self...if Jessica dies, then Carmilla will be all broken up over losing her new best friend...."

Giving Carmilla that TV didn't hurt Jessica's case, of course. How can I kill Jessica after all that?

I can't help but wonder how vampirism is going to change Jessica's usual burglaries, though. Vampires can be pretty fast. She might be out the door with my stereo by the time the police arrive, even if the car alarm picked her up half a mile away. I guess we'll see.