Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:36 AM
Default Fixing files/re-colouring and getting back lost stuff? Nailed it!
Who knew learning about Geographic nodes, MMATS etc. could be so much fun?
It started with my students (it usually does); I realised they all had the same bed and study 'without a numb bum' chair. Would not do its boring. So I thought re-colour can't be that hard, been playing since the start...errr OK its not when you know what you are doing and yeah I knew my way around adobe photo shop but not the game files. After much swearing and reading I asked for help, got it and it worked but it also supplied 2 of everything and that meant huge files.

It took days of obsessive tweaking, finally cloning and tweaking and many bad words because I was still tweaking as delicately as a jeweler at 6am Sunday morning. Then it happened, there it was, a re colourable bed! Yippee! There is no stopping me now. All I had to do was see the GMDC as DNA (the pattern) and the GMND as RNA (the reader) and suddenly it all made sense. *Did the Lucy Dance* (See Despicable Me 2).

I have fixed almost everything I missed, Mango's Giraffe, man I wanted that back so much, and I also wanted a real one and a pink one, result! Reflex's San Francisco sofa, done! Multi coloured curtains, sofas, bedside tables all matching in psych and rich colours. The only thing I can't do is Luna Sims chicken #2...defeated? It shows as pale blue in the cat and a real chicken when got out, its slaved to chicken one I think; which has a shiny texture? Shiny chickens? Ah well can't win them all. Next on the to do list is make sofas and beds Ok for pets. And maybe if its Ok upload my re colours here. I've never wanted to share my stuff before but these make me smile every time I see them and might work for someone else the same way

Thank you everyone here who made tuts, asked questions and answered them