Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2011 at 7:47 PM
Default CAW not working with updated sims?
Hey,
I thought when I got this error repeatedly that everyone had the same issue, since I so rarely see custom neighborhoods on the exchange, but looking here I'm wondering...ever since updating, I think past one of the stuff packs, but it's been several expansions, my CAW won't open at all. It tells to to get the updated version but so far I've yet to find any updated version of CAW anywhere.

How are you guys getting CAW to work with expansions? I had to move just my base game to another computer and use CAW there, but that's inconvenient as it's at my boyfriend's and he's down the street :P

How can I get an updated or expansion-compatible CAW?

thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th May 2011 at 8:12 PM
Update your EADM at EA's main site at the EA store - not the sims 3 store. Then download CAW and you should get the updated version. Do not update the EADM and expect the one you have to work. You need to uninstall that one period. After updating to the newest version of the EADM, then go to the same place you downloaded CAW the other time and it should give you the right version. The EADM is updated a lot, so make a habit of starting it up by itself - not through the game. It will not update through the game or game launcher. But start it up and it should automatically tell you it needs to update. Tell it yes. If it ask about you doing something or other or allowing it to do it - allow it to do it.

Hope that helps you.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th May 2011 at 9:04 PM
Further to what Reg says, check that each EP and SP is fully patched first though- see 'Check patch levels' in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2011 at 6:53 PM
woot! thank you! I got it now!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th May 2011 at 1:25 PM
Well done for fixing it!
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 9:03 PM
Darn...
I tried all of this, I downloaded the updated EADM, then I reinstalled my base game, updated it completely, then installed my World Adventures, updated that completely, installed my Ambitions, and updated that completely. I had deleted my CAW first, I cleared my caches, and then after doing all of that I went and downloaded CAW again and reinstalled it. I'm still getting the same error. I wish someone who knew how to fix this lived locally. I'd seriously pay someone to help me with this issue.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 9:50 PM
Shannon, you could try downloading and installing some of the older versions of CAW to see if that will help. Here are some links, courtesy of auntielynds:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...94&postcount=18