Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:17 AM
How to transfer my data and CC to Ultimate Collection?
The guide that was given on backing my files up was of no help to me whatsoever. It wasn't specific enough, and didn't specifically apply to the UC.

To be safe, I copied my entire Sims 2 folder, downloads, neighborhoods and all to the UC folder, and nothing showed up in the game. Nothing but...*dramatic pause* Maxis content. *gasp!*

I was trying to contact EA for a more helpful walkthrough, but the wait time is ridiculous. It always says it'll be an hour, but it never changes...

Do any of you guys know what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks for the help

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:55 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:16 AM.
Have you tried to enable CC ingame, and restart the game? Sometimes you have to do it a couple of times for it to stick.

Also make sure you have the CEP installed, and that the "_EnableColorOptionsGMND" file is in your Downloads folder, otherwise some downloads won't show up.

-----

As for backing up, it's as simple as it can be. Copy the folder you want to take a backup of (the entire "The Sims 2" folder in your Documents folder, for instance), and paste it to a different part of your computer that isn't connected to that particular location, or to an external harddrive/CD/DVD/USB memory stick that has enough space on it. And that's it. When it has finished copying over, you have a backup.

(You'll need about 2 GB of space for an untouched game, more if you have downloads and lots of pictures in neighborhood folders. Some will say you only need a backup of the Neighborhoods and Downloads folder, and that's mostly true, unless you have packaged lots, Project files, edited UserStartup file, CEP files and whatever. Better safe and sorry, and copy the entire thing, I say).

If you want to use a backup for the game, remove the old "The Sims 2" folder (or Downloads folder, or whatever folder you did a backup of), and copy+paste in the one you have a backup of.

(Just make sure you don't cut and paste. Then you'll remove the files and paste them in somewhere else, instead of copying the files. If you actually want to move the files, that's fine, but if you want to keep the backup for a later time, copying is the best way).

There's really no hocus pocus about that.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:22 AM
What I did was, after UC was installed, I went to My Documents\EA Games, opened the "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" folder. Then, I moved all the contents of the old, backed-up "The Sims 2" folder into that re-branded folder (which EA felt a needless need to rename ). Now that my Neighborhoods folder, Downloads folder, and all the rest were in the new location, when I launched it, I did receive a prompt about whether or not to allow CC. I made sure it was set for enabled. Once in, and sure the CC was showing up, I turned off the CC notification prompt.
The main needs are, to have the Downloads folder be in"The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" folder, and also making sure CC is enabled in game- that's what should do it. It sounds like you've got the downloads folder in the right place, though it might bear 2 seconds to double check. This is what we're supposed to do, as far as my experience of it goes. Let us know if there are more anomalies you're experiencing with it.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:21 PM Last edited by kattenijin : 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:10 AM.
You also need to re-install CEP, and possibly the Scriptorium depending on your CC. You can't use the CEP installer for UC, it must be done manually. I don't have the time right now to look up the exact new install path, but instead of "The Sims" folder in Program Files, its something like "Ultimate Collection/Fun With Pets/Base/"etc...

EDIT: The new install path for CEP's EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package is: Computer/LocalDisk (or whichever drive you've installed it to)/ProgramFiles(x86)/OriginGames/TheSims2UltimateCollection/FunWithPets/SP9/TsData/Res/3D. Hope this helps.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.