Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

229 ingame Maxis objects in collection files

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,825 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 206,993 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 14th Feb 2006 at 2:56 AM
Updated: 16th Dec 2008 at 1:50 PM by -Maylin-
Bon Voyage EP Info:
It seems like Bon Voyage has some new coding which makes it impossible for non-buyable to be in collection files, so these collection files won't work if you got Bon Voyage installed - Sorry!
I'll update this post if I find another way to make these work with Bon Voyage!

Pets & Seasons EP Info:
It seems like the Pets & Seasons EP somehow affects the use of these collections so they don't work when selected from buy-mode, but they seem to work when selected from build-mode
(Thanks go to aelflaed for providing the Seasons info)

This is zip-file with 7 collection files containing a total of 229 ingame Maxis objects. (I've sorted them for easier finding)
since they are collection files the actual objects aren't in them so you don't have to put anything in your downloads folder.
The zip file should be extracted to ..My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections

Most of the objects are useless and have no interaction, but some do.
You can use them for story-writing or just to make your houses look more realistic.

Some of the objects can't be picked up or deleted once they are placed unless you put them on a counter, table etc. then you can delete the table and the object will be deleted aswell.
(these objects are in a collection file for themselves so you'll be able to tell them apart)

Some objects have a strange orientation, but I decided to include them anyway.

I've included thumbnail pictures of all collection except for 1 since it contains the weather files and they don not have thumbnail pictures.
I've also included a picture of the collection folders so you know what to look for in your collections.

NOTE: Even thoug they are listed as Maxis Recolors they are not, I had to choose a category since this site haven't got an option for collection files only.
Allthough a few of the objects are from University & Nightlife I believe that the collection files will work anyway since they do not really hold objects, but only references to objects.
Furthermore they won't add more than a few kb to your uploaded house and they won't create a warning sign if they're in an uploaded lot on the EA Exchange.

I've tested these objects thoroughly in the game, but you never know, so use them at own risk!

Have fun with them and let me hear what you think of it!