Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:16 PM
Default Adventureland?
So after installing the digital version of Sims 3 & expansions / stuff packs from Origin with much conflict I went in game to make sure everything was fine and dandy. Now it's not really an issue but upon seeing the list of towns there's one called, 'Adventureland'. I never saw this on my physical copy version of TS3 before. I just figured I'd tell you all because it sounds like the beginning of a Creepypasta. Haha
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th May 2016 at 10:17 PM
Adventureland is a relatively empty version of Sunset Valley. A few of the houses have different names from in Sunset Valley, I think (I haven't written them down and gone back and forth to make sure though) and I think the textures on some of the houses are different. It has two residents as packaged, one is labeled as a tourist and the other as I think an adventurer. I have no idea why it was packaged with patch 1.69. But. I'm playing it now, having moved a family from another town and populated it with Nraas mods. There do not seem to be any surprises in it, for good or ill.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2016 at 12:07 AM
The prevailing theory is that world was a testing ground for EA developers in the days before WA and, while perhaps it was meant to be left in the base game, it wasn't really meant to be revealed to the players. Apparently for many, Patch 1.69 lifted its cloak of invisibility or something.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th May 2016 at 1:16 AM
Sounds more like the boobey prize for those who got stuck with 1.69. I'd be careful with Adventureland .. EA might have another patch hidden in there.
#5 Old 24th May 2016 at 3:57 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 24th May 2016 at 5:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The prevailing theory is that world was a testing ground for EA developers in the days before WA and, while perhaps it was meant to be left in the base game, it wasn't really meant to be revealed to the players.

If that's the reasoning, the quality control of The Sims 3 would seriously need to be questioned. How could EA let testing world released in the final patch together with unnecessary disable EP & SP feature that might bork player's save game with no significant useful game update? Very sloppy indeed. Fortunately my TS3 is on Steam and completely safe from that 1.69 intruder.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Alchemist
#6 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:54 PM
Whoa, can I see stuff about it? Pics? Screenshots? I'm never gonna update my game to 1.69 but I'm curious about this Adventureland thing.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#7 Old 24th May 2016 at 9:42 PM
There's no need for pictures. The differences between Adventureland and Sunset Valley are so slight that I am not sure that they are real. Seriously, the only difference is that it's basically empty as shipped. We say "2 families" but there's only 2 sims.
Site Helper
#8 Old 25th May 2016 at 1:31 AM
This might explain a few things...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th May 2016 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
If that's the reasoning, the quality control of The Sims 3 would seriously need to be questioned...

Sorry, I don't mean to be picking on you or anything. But seriously, this is news?
Alchemist
#10 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:13 AM
This is some legit Sims creepypasta...

Just call me Nikel
#11 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:17 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 25th May 2016 at 3:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sorry, I don't mean to be picking on you or anything. But seriously, this is news?

What news? What I meant was stating my personal dislike opinion towards EA who's doing sloppy job at inserting unnecessary empty & copy version of the existing Base Game world which is unnecessary, altogether with unnecessary patch, because of the copy & empty version of the game was meant to be WA testing world, that adds more unnecessary point. Where's the quality, EA...

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th May 2016 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
What news? What I meant was stating my personal dislike opinion towards EA who's doing sloppy job at inserting unnecessary empty & copy version of the existing Base Game world which is unnecessary, altogether with unnecessary patch, because of the copy & empty version of the game was meant to be WA testing world, that adds more unnecessary point. Where's the quality, EA...

I was actually agreeing with you. My point was that EA has never really had a reputation for quality control in any of these games that relied upon expansions being built by teams who apparently never interacted with each other much across the passage of time. Maybe they did actually have such more so with TS1, but my memory is a bit faded on how that one developed so long ago.
Theorist
#13 Old 26th May 2016 at 6:40 PM
It's not so much a patch, as it is bloatware. I'm guessing the Adventureland.objectcache takes up an extra 1gb just like Sunset Valley did? If so, this is a terribly unfunny joke.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#14 Old 26th May 2016 at 8:41 PM
Well, I have been playing it--started just to explore it and see what it was, and then got attached to some sims I put in it. I don't understand why it seems so sinister to people. It's just a nearly empty neighborhood, it doesn't do anything bad.

Otherwise the patch is a mere minor annoyance to me. I wish I could play the way I was doing before, but nothing important has been affected.

If it was the worst thing EA had done, I'd be pretty content.