Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2016 at 7:17 PM
Default Neverglade. Nice world, where's the people?
Comment:
I found this nice looking world called "Neverglade" on the sims 3 website.

No sims? All I was running into was Service Sims. So, I decided to go door to door. All the houses are vacant.

I'm going to edit it to add my favorite families, and I think NRAAS story progression can fill up many of the rest. But I noticed that other worlds don't have people as well. Seems kinda odd.

Bonus Question
Is there an easy way to edit a world (say, with CAW) to add families, so that I need not edit it every time I want to play the world? That is, add sim families, consignment shop, elixir consignment shop and all that?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th May 2016 at 8:42 PM
Hi Emmett Brown .. There are a lot of nice unpopulated worlds out there. Thanks for pointing that one out...looks lovely. I'm going to give it a try.
Story Progression can help you fill it up. See I Want To Fill Up My Town Right Now.

And your Bonus Question, lol .. sorry I'm no help with CAW but I know there are plenty of others in here who do.
My work around for that is to build and/or populate in the game world and make a copy of the world.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2016 at 9:55 PM
Emmit, it's you, from the future...

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+...+World+Into+CAW :google: :google:
Instructor
#4 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:05 PM
It's actually not rare that Custom Worlds are unpopulated for different reasons, I assume (creator's focus is building, EIG issues, file size, etc.). But they are sometimes accompanied by a Save file that is populated made by the original creator of the world or someone else. There is one for Neverglade, but I personally would have liked some sneak-peaks...:p

Haha, I see you've found how to edit custom worlds in EIG, but if you've never went through the process, may I suggest something? If you intend to build from scratch or customize a lot, I found it easier to make the changes with the world in the actual game, then save the lots to the library and then add those in EIG via the bin.

As for populating your world, I've never done that with CAW, but there's a tutorial on the wiki, based on this thread. It looks like the same process of saving families in the bin in the actual game and then adding them to the world in EIG, all this using Nraas mods.

But like barbarat pointed out, I tend to do the edits (with CAW or not), populate with StoryProgression, save the world and start a new game with a Save as.
Scholar
#5 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:13 AM
Yeah unpopulated worlds can be irritating especially if they are super beautiful and you want to get right to playing. I just use Twallan's debug mod. If you click anywhere in the world I believe you can get to the debug option and under there the option "populateworldwithsims" is available after all the "DEBUG_" options. It takes maybe 30 secs and you'll get a pop up that provides all the info on how many sims and what kind were added.

This will help just adding sims and you can go from there editing them as you like.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
NRAAS SP can "rapid immigrate" in a few seconds. I usually use that when I want immediate population.

One day, I will figure out NRAAS SP, but right now, it is the wild ass that throws me every time I try to ride it.

Giving me NRAAS SP is like giving a live hand grenade to a 3 year old. Nothing good comes of it and some clean up is always involved.

I recall doing the tutorial before, and that it was tedious but productive. I shall also try the debug method, but I've been raiding other worlds for sims I want to... borrow. Thanks for the help!

I've stolen so much from Sim creators, I don't feel I can share a populated Neverglades.
Theorist
#8 Old 26th May 2016 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
It's actually not rare that Custom Worlds are unpopulated for different reasons, I assume (creator's focus is building, EIG issues, file size, etc.).

Indeed that's how I see it too. It's not their job to populate the towns, they just built the thing.
It's like when you take a new pair of trainers out of the box, it's my job to strap the laces up, not whoever made or sold them.

When I download a new town, I just put 1 or 2 random sims down in there at first, and check out the new environment. Fix a texture here, add an aquarium there. Next time I play the town, add another 1 or 2 sims again. It will soon start to look normal.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
dodgy builder
#10 Old 26th May 2016 at 9:51 PM
Making 200 sims for a world is a lot of work. I don't know about others, but I wouldn't populate a world with EA puddingfaces. I hate them, I would rather leave it empty.
Instructor
#11 Old 26th May 2016 at 11:07 PM Last edited by Blyss : 28th May 2016 at 11:03 PM.
That's why I personally change the settings in Nraas SP for Immigration/Emigration for "Chance of Bin Offspring" to 100 and "Chance of Random Offspring" to 0.

With time, I accumulated quite a variety of sims, so I created several "Genetic pools" bin households that can be used by Nraas SP to generate new Sims. This, plus disabling EA premade bin families, ensures that other residents in my worlds have very little chance of having the same EA's standard features. Which is what really bothers me, the lack of variety in facial structures.

With the help of Rapid Immigration, like nitromon said, it's only a matter of minutes until a world is fully populated.

Edit: I found another Save File for Neverglade completely by chance in the form of this makeover. There's a populated save and an unpopulated one. I thought I'd share, if anyone is interested. Now it would depend on the EPs you have if this Save is worthwhile.