Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 2:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Default Replacements for basegame hair not showing up
Hi! I've been on a default replacement spree and have had no trouble with clothes of all EPs and basecamp as well as female hair for expansion packs...

...but I have run into trouble with basegame female hair. None of the default replacements are showing up. Instead, it's the same mesh with weird coloring (usually a blend of multiple Maxis shades). I was able to refresh all my thumbnails be deleting the thumbnails and group.cache file. It's not just the thumbnails that are wonky, though - it's the actual hair on the Sim, too!
  • All of my default replacements live in my Downloads folder
  • The basegame content is from a mix of creators
  • The EP hair IS working correctly, and most of it is from the same creators as the BG hair

Any help would be appreciated here!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:25 PM
Are the DRs directly in the Downloads folder or subfoldered? I have a few DRs that refuse to work at all or work for a while and then stop unless they're in the Downloads folder without any subfolders.