Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:15 AM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 27th Sep 2016 at 1:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default userstartup.cheat Not Taking Visiting Sims Into Consideration (Solved)
Hiya,
Sorry to bother.
So this is what I did;
-Go to my documents->EA Games->The Sims2 Ultimate Collection->Config
-I then right-clicked on blank space, and went to ''new->Text Document''
-I named the new text document ''userstartup.cheat'' (Without the '')
-Inside of the document, I wrote; ''intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 15'' (Without the '')
And now, the game doesn't take it into account... The file doesn't have a ''.txt'' at the end, nor a repetition of ''cheat'' after cheat.

Really I'm terribly sorry if this is something very simple that I overlooked and did wrong...
Thanks!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:21 AM
Are you sure it isn't a text document? If you have file extensions hidden in Windoze Explorer (which they are by default) you can't see the .txt bit. Is your file showing a text document icon?

Is is spelt correctly? You should check because the game stops reading the file as soon as it comes across a mis-spelling.

intProp MaxNumOfVisitingSims - you've spelt it correctly in your message but check the actual file.

Finally, is it in the right place? I thought UC sometimes had difficulties with using the correct folders. Others will know more about that. I don't use UC.

These are the basic questions but it's worth checking first because it's easy to miss a letter or not realise the file extension can be hidden.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:42 AM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 27th Sep 2016 at 1:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Are you sure it isn't a text document? If you have file extensions hidden in Windoze Explorer (which they are by default) you can't see the .txt bit. Is your file showing a text document icon?

Is is spelt correctly? You should check because the game stops reading the file as soon as it comes across a mis-spelling.

intProp MaxNumOfVisitingSims - you've spelt it correctly in your message but check the actual file.

Finally, is it in the right place? I thought UC sometimes had difficulties with using the correct folders. Others will know more about that. I don't use UC.

These are the basic questions but it's worth checking first because it's easy to miss a letter or not realise the file extension can be hidden.

Hi, thanks for the response,
I think it's the fact that it is a text document. Because the thumbnail for the file has lines on it, whereas the other's are blank... I'll check it out!

Edit: Uh, bleh, sorry, but would you know how to exactly do that? Heh...

EDIT: Ah, alas, nevermind. I had to go to ''view'' at the top of the local C:drive, and then at the right there was the option, and that was the problem. Fixed! Thanks so much!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 2:18 PM
Aha - good. Glad you fixed it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc