Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Simoleon37 : 24th Sep 2016 at 8:28 PM. Reason: attaching image

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default (Free?) Camera Issues
Hi, I'm having an issue with my camera. I built this lot and I wanted to take pictures of it. To get the right angle, I went into free camera. When I pressed the tab key again, my screen was just plain light blue. I can still see the buy mode and build mode options thing, but where I should see my lot there's nothing. I tried to fix this by tabbing into free camera again but I couldn't zoom in, or zoom out, or do anything. When I tabbed out again, the screen was the same as before but black instead of blue.

I've had this issue before, but it's never been irreversible like this. I exited the game three times, went to a different lot (which was fine), tried moving the lot somewhere else, but nothing works. Does anyone know what is causing this (I think it might be a camera mod I have in)? Can I fix it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 9:38 PM
I think the first thing to do is take out the camera mod and see if it works. The files in the Cameras folder are interchangeable so you might try taking one out at a time and see if that works. If it's only one file you can then leave it out (the game will make you a new -default- copy of the files, if you remove them, when you run the game).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I think the first thing to do is take out the camera mod and see if it works. The files in the Cameras folder are interchangeable so you might try taking one out at a time and see if that works. If it's only one file you can then leave it out (the game will make you a new -default- copy of the files, if you remove them, when you run the game).

I took out the mod and went into a separate lot and literally tried to get the screen like that again by going into free mode and putting it at weird angles, and so far so good (as in, everything is back to normal). The lot in question still has the camera on that blue/black screen so I guess I lost it forever. This issue is very sporadic, though, so I don't think I'll be able to tell whether the problem is still there until it actually happens. For now, I'm only going to use the neighbourhood camera file from the mod because that's the only one I really need anyway.

Thanks for your help!