Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Game Crashes When I Download Certain Objects
I went on a downloading spree and downloaded a whole bunch of objects..problem is, my game crashed at loading screen after I installed them. So I had to test each download until I could find the one that was making the game crash and I know it couldn't have been bad CC because the websites I downloaded from were pretty trust-worthy (I downloaded from here at MTS, Around the Sims 2 and Parsimonious.) So maybe there's something wrong with my game?? I have Double Deluxe Edition, GL stuff and H&M btw, and the game would only crash after downloading certain furniture.. mods and other CC wouldn't make it crash.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:21 AM
Have you tried pulling your Downloads folder entirely?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:27 AM
Because you don't have the full range of EPs/SPs, that might be the problem.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:30 AM
Your game will crash if the mod/cc is not for your game setup.

Are you having to use DD to start your game or H&M. If DD then you need to only use up to NL for downloads.

If you are using H&M then you can use some but not all of the up to Seasons download.

H&M is a stuff pack and does not having every thing that Seasons has.

To be on the safe side then I would only use up to NL for downloads.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Your game will crash if the mod/cc is not for your game setup.

Are you having to use DD to start your game or H&M. If DD then you need to only use up to NL for downloads.

If you are using H&M then you can use some but not all of the up to Seasons download.

H&M is a stuff pack and does not having every thing that Seasons has.

To be on the safe side then I would only use up to NL for downloads.
I kind of figured it had to do with not having certain EPs, thanks for explaining this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Have you tried pulling your Downloads folder entirely?
I did that once and it fixed the problem. Like I said, I tested each new download separately to see which one was causing the game to crash. The game is fine now I just wondered why it had been doing that.