Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:36 PM
A Band You Should Listen To!
Has anyone heard of I Fight Dragons?
Well you should.
They are awesome.
They are a Chicago-based Chip-tune Rock/Pop band and I love them to pieces!
So who are they? They are a bunch of nerds who program old Nintendo stuff to make music. And it is way catchy.
They recently signed with Photo Phinish/Atlantic Records and were in the Too Fast For Love Tour with 3OH!3 and Cobra Starship.
Please check them out and let me know what you think of them
I have all their stuff. Like every song. Ever. So if you like them, message me, I can send you stuff

www.ifightdragons.com
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:42 PM
oh, and they are on youtube too
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:52 PM
Looking them up on YouTube, they have a song called Money that is really good. But complaints first, they slide and whine their voice like a typical white american rock band ( it's really bad in 'no one likes superman anymore' ), but they make it worse by stylizing their pronunciation like Blink 182 or whatever. These people are 30 y/o but try to sound like 15 y/o who dropped out of school. That part I can't abide and I won't change my mind on that. Putting that aside, Money is a solid song that speaks the password and lives in the brain. They arrange their tone to express resentment for greed, yet accept the need for money as a sad part of how people are. The verse sings like truth hard as life and messed up, the harsh and more convicted part of the song. The chorus is more like a universal acknowledgment, more understanding and little like devil's advocate. And then there are the instruments and synthesized melody. This is where they shine / prevail. They know how to make the notes fly, project emotion, create drama, and follow through and make an impression. It's like a living 8-bit video game that knows how to be poetic and convincing. Strong sound, truthful message, vocal choice could be better.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Looking them up on YouTube, they have a song called Money that is really good. But complaints first, they slide and whine their voice like a typical white american rock band ( it's really bad in 'no one likes superman anymore' ), but they make it worse by stylizing their pronunciation like Blink 182 or whatever. These people are 30 y/o but try to sound like 15 y/o who dropped out of school. That part I can't abide and I won't change my mind on that. Putting that aside, Money is a solid song that speaks the password and lives in the brain. They arrange their tone to express resentment for greed, yet accept the need for money as a sad part of how people are. The verse sings like truth hard as life and messed up, the harsh and more convicted part of the song. The chorus is more like a universal acknowledgment, more understanding and little like devil's advocate. And then there are the instruments and synthesized melody. This is where they shine / prevail. They know how to make the notes fly, project emotion, create drama, and follow through and make an impression. It's like a living 8-bit video game that knows how to be poetic and convincing. Strong sound, truthful message, vocal choice could be better.

For the record, they aren't in their thirties (except for Hari) and Chad is 23 :P

Money is one of my faves

Brian, the lead singer that I'm assuming you are talking about, however, I would have to disagree with. They have changed a bit since they signed