Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 11:27 PM Last edited by nancyw41 : 30th Sep 2006 at 12:30 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Buy/Build mode not working
Since installing GLS I have been having major problems with the buy/build mode. I can click on something to buy, but nothing shows except for the little hand when I try to place my object. Then when I click nothing happens. I have removed my downloads folder but that didn't help. Has anyone else heard of this happening? Any suggestions on what may be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks.

Something else also. When I hover over a house or family in neighborhood view iy does not show anything (like the family name ot lot value).And the mouse wheel does not work.

Just a regular person
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 10:16 AM
First off, you do use the cd to play, right?

Have you tried removing your entire EA folder and let the game generate a new one?
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 12:30 PM Last edited by nancyw41 : 30th Sep 2006 at 7:32 PM.
I don't have the cd. I downloaded it from EA, as I did with The Holiday pack and FFS. Also, now that I think about it, I don't think it has anything to do with GLS. I have played it without this happeneing. So I must have done something.

I did as the thread instructed and everything seems to work fine now. Thanks for the help.

Just a regular person
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 10:12 AM
You are welcome
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Solved