Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 4:23 AM Last edited by Delphy : 22nd May 2006 at 11:57 AM.
Donation drive
Hi All,

As you all know MTS2 is a completely free site funded by ad revenue and paypal donations, and we strive to bring you the best Sims 2 downloads in the entire community.

With being such a huge site though comes a lot of financial costs and bandwidth charges and occassionally we get overages. This usually comes out of the "pool" of money from anything left over (should there be some) from the previous month and to make sure the site continues to run into the future, we sometimes do extra donation "drives" to top up this pool. This is rare and those of you who wish to can look back at Site News and see just how rare.

This is one of those times, the official MTS2 April 2006 Donation Drive, hereby known as MADD.

Our target for this donation drive is $1500, and I would like to call for those of you who can MADD donate, to do so now. I will update this post with the progress of the drive until we reach the target. The link to donate is http://www.modthesims2.com/donate.php then use the buttons on the left side.

I would also like to thank everybody who has contributed to the site either through amazing uploads, through previous donations and subscriptions, and also to the great staff we have here. This is honestly one of the best communities and sites and has grown so fast, and I have met some great people and I applaud every one of you for making this site great.

So please, donate if you can, and thank you!

Edit: The goal has been reached, but any and all donations are welcome.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 4:38 AM
Delphy, you have run this excellent site for a long time now, and I still cannot believe how popular it has gotten. It is probably the best, most popular Sims 2 website out there.

Good luck with your donations, I hope you reach your goal and then some! :D

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:00 AM
Thank you so much for creating this community and for the philosophy behind it. And yayy, I finally can afford to donate this month! But bummer, now you'll know my real name--and it isn't as pretty as "SummerSong". Chaaa.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#4 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:07 AM
I will be more than happy to contribute to the best site ever!! I'll be able to do it on friday. YaY! PAY DAY! *dances* Thank you and everyone else affiliated with MTS2!!!

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#5 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:18 AM
I second that (Pay Day!) Ms. McThistlepants! I'll be making mine then, too. I love this site and I will do all I can to support it. Thanks for making such a great site. There's so many nice, helpful, talented people here, extraordinary downloads and tutorials...I love it! I don't think I could live with out it! Count me in!
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:29 AM
I just made a donation, I'm sorry I could not donate more than I did but I just wanted to show my appreciation for this awesome site.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 6:14 AM
Any and all sizes of donations are appreciated. Thank you.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 6:50 AM
i sent you some as well Delphy! just a way to say thanks for all the great downloads i've gotten off of your awesome website! slainte!
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 8:11 AM
Hi Delphy. Just donated some money to this fabulous site. Sorry it couldn't be more, but I really really hope you achieve way over your target. I'm not too creative, so modding is way out of my league, but I want to thank the uploaders and administrators of this site that allow my game play to be much more exciting.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 8:49 AM
That a good idea and I love this site, sadly I can't do anything, sorry but I hardly doubt my mum gonna let me give money over the net for a site...

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:02 AM
Forum very good, but not objects I can take away all to myself on a computer.. Especially objects for adults. Why to me to not enter there. To me not 15 years. To me 44 years. In what a problem?
Instructor
#12 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:01 AM
Delphy, I really whish to donate, the only problem is that I have not paypal account since I am not an owner of a credit card. So... have you thought of an alternative way for people in the same situation, to donate some money?
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:38 AM
I second Vaalyah question. How to contribute without credit card ?
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 10:17 AM
Let me reply Vaalyah and pixelhate.

You can create a (new/empty) PayPal account (via https://www.paypal.com, not via any donation page), then follow their instructions to load some money from your bank using bank transfer. It may take a couple of days. Then you can make one-time donation directly from your PayPal credit, without any credit card.

I just did my donation this way so I'm sure it works.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:09 AM
Hi Delphy. Just donated some money , sorry cant donated so much. wish you reach your goal
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:36 AM
Hope you reach your goal! I would so support the site, but I can't. Seeing as I don't have a bank account or a credit card.

**rent this space**
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:40 AM
This site deserves support, I've been meaning to donate for some time since I make daily use of this place, and when I saw the little flashing thingy and the donation drive, had to finally follow through. THANK you for all the wonderful downloads, and for giving some really creative folks an areana to share in.

hannah
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 12:06 PM
While donations are definitely required, I think PayPal is a bit too "tight" when it comes to handling certain accounts.

Especially for those of us who are not living in the US (at least I used to live there, and moved back to my country after college).

I have my account blocked, although I still have a valid bank account in the US and a valid credit card that doesn't expire till 2007, and most importantly, I have money in my bank account. I had problems with PayPal before, so I talked to them on the phone, and they unlocked my account, but it was locked again a few days later, just when I've decided to send around $200 to my PayPal account (just for donations and such to similar sites).

There SHOULD be other options. Please, please find other options for payment and I'd gladly donate $15.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 12:15 PM
I just have donated some money. Hope it help.
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 12:16 PM
Hey there. I can only agree with the statements already made. This is a great site, without which I would've given up simming long ago. And since I'm utterly uncreative and have thus nothing to contribute to the content, it feels like stealing every time I download one of the great things people come up with. Just one question for the paypal-ignorant: are there any currency issues, meaning additional charges for foreign money? I don't entirely trust these internet-based transferring methods. Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks & keep it up,

trice!

Sad but True!
Instructor
#21 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 12:45 PM
Thank you, Netmicro, for the idea... It sounds interesting... I am going to see how can I do it at my bank!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
That a good idea and I love this site, sadly I can't do anything, sorry but I hardly doubt my mum gonna let me give money over the net for a site...

Sorry, but I'm the same. My parents say that PayPal sites are just a lazy way for people to get money, on certain occassions I would aggree, but I KNOW that the great people who made this site deserve every bit of money they get!
I would donate if I could and I hope you guys reach the target and then some!
Good luck and thank you for making such an amazing site!

La la la...
I am just a random, messy girl in a random, messy world...
Instructor
#23 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 1:29 PM
i just made a donation.
and i'm always happy to help the site:

Total Amount: $3.57 USD
or £2.06
to be precise

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 1:41 PM
Haven't been around much lately but dropped in this morning and saw you had a need - my paypal $ is my "extra" $, so it is yours anytime you say there is a need. For those of you who are new, it is extremely rare that Delphy would ask for donations!!!! Paypal is easy, fast, secure and no credit card is needed. Thanks Delphy for the best site out there - always willing to help!

You can find all of my creations here

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend" Robertson Davies
Field Researcher
#25 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 2:03 PM
Have you ever thought about selling paid memberships to the site? While I'm usually against the idea (especially when I feel the site is making money rather than just covering costs), I would be very happy if MTS2 went the same route as Livejournal. Livejournal's site and features are available for anyone to use freely, but paid members get priority access and faster servers. I would be happy to pay each month so that I could access the site using faster servers, rather than the current situation where I often have to sit around for several hours waiting for the traffic to die down so I can download something.

Just a suggestion, anyway. Feel free to ignore .

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Page 1 of 6