Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 7:54 AM
Default onesie with the hood down?
so the onesie for the new toddlers is adorable!
except the hood
the hood is awful
it makes my babies bald underneath it!!!
i wonder how hard it would be to swap the top of the onesie for the hoodie mesh that toddlers have? with the hood down?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:31 PM
It could be done by Frankensteining the onesie body with the hoodie hood and adjusting the uv mapping if necessary. Probably not terribly difficult if you're comfortable with working with meshes.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 3:14 PM
What I am wondering is, what in this outfit, tells the game to hide the hair when worn?
Will this bit of info goes away just be removing the hoodie? If so, you can just edit the hoodie part of the mesh to make it go down, instead of Frankenstein it, maybe?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 4:40 AM
Oh, I see. There's a set of flags in the CASP that determines which parts, if any, to remove when the clothing is worn. The onesie must have hair flagged for removal. In CAS Tools the flag set is called Exclude Parts. You can take a look and uncheck hair if it's checked.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 2:44 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 24th Jan 2017 at 2:56 PM.
I'm not the OP, but I'm liking your answer! Thank you.
EDIT. So, hair was checked, and there was obvious reason...now the outfit needs editing!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 3:47 AM
Yes, I imagine some hairs clip through the hood.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 3:53 AM
Obviously. But The info you provided about the tag, will surely help the OP if ever Frankenstein-ing with another hoodie is still something that they think of doing... Hood or no hood, this tag will need to go for the new onesie to show hair.
I was on it, but got stopped at Blender not showing me the mesh (still waiting for how-to from S4S site)...Milkshape never did that to me.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 12:49 AM
Personally I can't stand Blender - the interface just seems so unintuitive and the controls are tiny and hard for me to see. A lot of people like it, though, and of course it supports more of the features needed for TS4 meshes.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 4:46 PM
If only there was as many tutorial for ms3d as there is for blender. meshing part is ok, I am used to it. But process must be different when it comes to sims 4. Still working on getting all the infos I need to start creating for this (new to me) game.